Getaway Angled Balcony photos

johnql

Here's a link to a photo album from my 3/8/14 Getaway sailing. I was in cabin 12180, which is a port-side angled balcony. Included are numerous pics of the cabin itself along with the towel animals that our steward made for us.

http://s636.photobucket.com/user/johnql/library/Getaway%20Cruise%20030814/Cabin%20and%20Towel%20Animals?sort=2&page=1

Thank you, John! We are also in an angled balcony, and this is the most comprehensive set of photos of that type of cabin I've seen anywhere! Thanks so much for taking the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

wow awesome i was wondering the same thing about the forward facing balconys that are angled too the aft facing ones are never available well so it is on the cruises ive looked at. also what cabin number is that we are trying to get a cabin with bed near balcony but i still cant figure out how you tell on the deckplan lol :)

Thanks so much for your photos. We've also in an angled balcony. Did you find that a forward facing angled balcony was very windy when sailing?

I was a little concerned about this, too, before sailing. But you know what? If there's a difference between a regular balcony and a forward-facing angled balcony with regard to the windiness, it's imperceptible. In the future, I wouldn't even consider it a factor in choosing a cabin.

I was a little concerned about this, too, before sailing. But you know what? If there's a difference between a regular balcony and a forward-facing angled balcony with regard to the windiness, it's imperceptible. In the future, I wouldn't even consider it a factor in choosing a cabin.

Thanks again for the info. Good to know.

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Thank you so much. Your photos were wonderful and I won't be concerned any more about the wind on the front facing angled balconies. Great to know.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for such a great post including photos. After looking at the deck layout, I thought this was the room I wanted for our upcoming trip, but your photos helped to ease my mind about the balcony. This ship does appear to have smaller balconies than some other ships I have been on, but I am hoping the angled balcony will make it feel more spacious. I will post a review when we get back in December!

I just booked one of these on the Breakaway. 13290. Except our angle is on the other side. Sorry, I don't speak cruise lingo. So to me, our angly bit sticks out on the right side of our balcony on the left side of the ship. hahah

Since the wall to our balcony right-side will be cabins that stick a farther bit out how much do you think that will effect our view? I assume we wouldn't be able to see ahead of us?

This is great! Thanks so much for posting this. We have this exact cabin in October. Can't wait. I had heard you could fit a lounger out on the angled balcony. Do you think so? I bet the forward facing angled made for great views!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The pictures are wonderful and your review is even better. We are booked in cabin 11182 and by the deck plans it looks like we have an angled balcony but I'm not sure is there anyone that can clarify. And by the looks of the pictures the beds are separated is this factual I would like them to be separated it's my daughter and myself. This will be our fifth cruise but first balcony we're so excited

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can request to have the beds together or apart. We have had both depending on who we were traveling with.

Thank you so much do I need to request that they be apart before the cruise or do I tell the steward once we're aboard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just off Breakaway (Getaways twin sister) today.

We were in a forward facing angled balcony on deck 10, aft. Easy to fit a lounger, table and chair.

When I spoke to my PCC when booking, I told him that we would like the beds separate, and that's how they were upon arrival. Just as we requested.

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

Just off Breakaway (Getaways twin sister) today.

We were in a forward facing angled balcony on deck 10, aft. Easy to fit a lounger, table and chair.

When I spoke to my PCC when booking, I told him that we would like the beds separate, and that's how they were upon arrival. Just as we requested.

Welcome back, Robin! Can't wait to hear all about it.

The pictures are wonderful and your review is even better. We are booked in cabin 11182 and by the deck plans it looks like we have an angled balcony but I'm not sure is there anyone that can clarify.

Yes, 11182 is an angled balcony. We had one on Getaway also, and they are terrific! We had a location right by the stairs like you do. So handy!

• 2 years later...
I just booked one of these on the Breakaway. 13290. Except our angle is on the other side. Sorry, I don't speak cruise lingo. So to me, our angly bit sticks out on the right side of our balcony on the left side of the ship. hahah

Since the wall to our balcony right-side will be cabins that stick a farther bit out how much do you think that will effect our view? I assume we wouldn't be able to see ahead of us?

in case you are still reading this board 2 years later, how was your cabin/balcony and the view?