Crematory Remains at Sea-The Andrew

I am sad to say that the Andrew passed away on March 16th. You all know how much he loved his cruises and one way I want to honor him and his love of the sea is to have a ceremony at sea.

I cant even believe that these words are coming out of my mouth right now. It all seems so surreal. :(

I have contacted Guest Solutions and got the basics on what I would need to bring his remains onboard and what the environmental officer would do. What I would like to know is, for those who have actually had this ceremony, what was it like? Did it feel immensely special for you?

Nancy, Angie and I were both sad to hear of The Andrews passing on the 16th. I enjoyed talking to him alot on both of the cruises we made with you. He was "One of A Kind" and I mean that in a good way.Pink

I am so sorry for your loss!! We just booked Fantasy and I did a search for threads. I came upon your old review literally yesterday and forwarded the pic of him with the rat catchers around his neck to my son and husband. He was so game to have his picture taken all the time- middle finger extended! I was loving you guys so much. I'm really quite sorry for your loss and hope you are able to make arrangements. I do know you need biodegradable sea urns but I'm sure someone before me gave you the link.

Carla

:(:( This really IS sad news......loved reading your reviews, and the wedding ( or not ) at HMC........

I am glad to hear that you will still be cruising.......I think the burial at sea will be a beautiful thing.....

Again, my condolences to you..:(

I am so sorry to hear of the Andrews passing. I remember your review and how much you enjoyed cruising. The comments left by others have made me think that I may want to consider this for myself when the time comes. I love the ocean.

Edited by 2 cruzen

Nancy,

Although I changed cruises and won't be with you on Fantasy, I'll be there in spirit to give you a big hug and buy you a drink. The ceremony at sea sounds like a wonderful farewell.

I'm so sorry I didn't get the chance to meet Andrew but feel I know him through your reviews. You and I will sail together eventually and I hope you'll share your cruising memories with me then.

Joan

I am so sorry to hear of the Andrews passing. I remember your review and how much you enjoyed cruising. The comments left by others have made me think that I may want to consider this for myself when the time comes. I love the ocean.

It made me think the same.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I have always enjoyed reading your reviews and looking at your pictures. You and Andrew always seemed to get so much joy from all your cruises. I know you have many good memories and many good friends. I wish you healing.

Nancy:

I am so sorry to hear about The Andrew. I'm so glad I got to meet you both and be there at the Unwedding. I still have all the pictures. You are in my thoughts and know the ceremony on the ship will be heart felt and beautiful. He will always be with you.

Please take care of yourself.

Nancy I just want to hug you, and I wish I knew something to say to help you:(I am so glad we got to cruise with you and the Andrew. He did love cruising, and a ceremony on the Fantasy would be something he'd approve of. I wish we were going to be on this cruise with you.

I am so sorry to hear about Andrew's passing. I have always loved reading your reviews, as you and Andrew always had so much fun with each other and enjoyed every minute of your time together. You made the planning of my first cruise on the Fantasy such a wonderful experience. I'm just heartbroken for you. I wish you much strength and healing during this difficult time. Take care of yourself.

Thank you all for your kind words of support. I feel like my right arm was ripped off of my body. I just miss him so very much.

He always told me he wanted to have a party instead of a funeral so that's what friends and family will be doing this weekend. Keg on my Coffin was one of his favorite songs and he told me that's exactly what he wanted.

I figure the ceremony at sea would be something he would find touching and would definitely want that. I do want to keep most of his remains though. So only some of them sprinkled at sea. I will contact guest solutions to find that part out.

Again thank you for the memories of those that have cruised with us in the past. He loved everyone that he met and was truly an unforgettable presence.

Bigman01 I sent an email to you

I never had the opportunity to sail/meet you and Andrew, but I feel as though I know you both through your humorous reviews. I am so very sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself and be strong.

I'm so very sorry for your loss, please accept my sincere condolences.

I enjoyed your reviews and it seemed as though you two always had a blast. The ceremony at sea sounds like a great tribute.

Please allow me to share one of my favorite quotes:

“I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make. Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories. We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared their love.”

-Leo Buscaglia

Edited by YankeeFan4Ever