Yet another Rum Runner Flask ?

As I've read through about 100 threads, I have yet seen anyone ask this particular question.

although I am going to buy the all inclusive drink package, I would like some cocktails in my room as well.

So here's my question, has anyone ever made pre-drink mixtures and put them in a RR bag? ie: Margarita mixture? Like a darker blend such as strawberry? Or has anyone straight up put just juice in a RR such as cranberry juice? I love ocean spray pomegranate and blueberry flavor, then mixing 3olives pomegranate vodka with it.

I see a lot of threads on clear colored liquors being put in RR and nothing about juices or dark colored drink mixtures or even red wines?!?!?

Also has anyone ever brought a magic bullet with them in their checked in luggage before? How about champagne in a RR?

I am cruising with RCCL freedom 2015. Everyone's been really helpful when it comes to where to pack them etc, but I am just concerned with darker colored liquids and or juices being put in a RR.

Thanks for all of your help!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

As I've read through about 100 threads, I have yet seen anyone ask this particular question.

although I am going to buy the all inclusive drink package, I would like some cocktails in my room as well.

So here's my question, has anyone ever made pre-drink mixtures and put them in a RR bag? ie: Margarita mixture? Like a darker blend such as strawberry? Or has anyone straight up put just juice in a RR such as cranberry juice? I love ocean spray pomegranate and blueberry flavor, then mixing 3olives pomegranate vodka with it.

I see a lot of threads on clear colored liquors being put in RR and nothing about juices or dark colored drink mixtures or even red wines?!?!?

Also has anyone ever brought a magic bullet with them in their checked in luggage before? How about champagne in a RR?

I am cruising with RCCL freedom 2015. Everyone's been really helpful when it comes to where to pack them etc, but I am just concerned with darker colored liquids and or juices being put in a RR.

Thanks for all of your help!

No judgment here, just information.

You would likely be OK bringing small amounts of originally sealed juice products on board. The experiences vary on this but they may not flag this if it is in a limited amount and in your carry on. Checked luggage may draw more scrutiny. They are also more particular in screening these items during spring break periods which could impact the ability to carry them on.

With your drink package, you certainly can order anything included and bring it back to your room as often as you want. And with the amount of beverages you can (and would need to purchase for package value) you may not need extra beverage in a RR.

Thanks for your info! I wanted to have mimosas for breakfast and have my favorite red mascato wine either getting ready to head out or a drink before bedtime. I'm not bringing a lot as I'm buying the drink package anyhow. I'll be sailing past when spring break is 3-15-15. Or in hopes that I am. I live in the northeast and I went by their schedule for both colleges and the younger kids.

Thanks for your info! I wanted to have mimosas for breakfast and have my favorite red mascato wine either getting ready to head out or a drink before bedtime. I'm not bringing a lot as I'm buying the drink package anyhow. I'll be sailing past when spring break is 3-15-15. Or in hopes that I am. I live in the northeast and I went by their schedule for both colleges and the younger kids.

Well keep in mind that you can bring 2 bottles of wine of 750 ml maximum on board at original embarkation, which although limited in amount, would help with your plans.

Also orange juice is available in the mornings in the Windjammer for your mimosas. Your room steward will also bring you glasses, ice, and an opener as needed.

Just a thought...

Edited by leaveitallbehind

This is my very first cruise so this cc page is so amazing and really helpful! So I can bring on champagne and just order oj with my breakfast? I'm not one for being a lush, I only really drink when I'm on vacations and or camping trips. Can I ask for extra extra oj if I wanted to in case if I wanted to have 2-3 mimosas for breakfast?

This is my very first cruise so this cc page is so amazing and really helpful! So I can bring on champagne and just order oj with my breakfast? I'm not one for being a lush, I only really drink when I'm on vacations and or camping trips. Can I ask for extra extra oj if I wanted to in case if I wanted to have 2-3 mimosas for breakfast?

Yes to all of the above. Note that there is the "standard" OJ at n/c and "fresh squeezed" with a charge. Standard is fine for mimosas! You can order room service or go to the Windjammer and get the juice as you wish.

What I mentioned before about the amount of drinks needed to purchase for the value of the package - this means basically it is about a 6 - 8 drink per day (depending on drink type) break even. And that is everyday, so add to that the wine / champagne you can bring on board it may not be necessary to bring extra.

And again, no judgement, but as wine is all you can bring on board they do check for 'hidden extras".

Also the beverage packages can be bought on board on any day up until the four remaining days as the minimum days they must be purchased for is four. So if you want to test your consumption against the economics of the package you can add the package at anytime with the caveat as described.

Any other questions, fire away and I will try to help. :D

Usually I'll drink a relative 15 beers a day when I'm on camping trips! So looking at the overall factor of that amount would easily fit into what I'm looking for. I will usually have around 4-5 drinks before noon time. My friend in the other hand, she's a daily heavy drinker but she drinks mostly wine and rum and cokes. Also since we're both buying the drink package will they deliver us "cans" of soda? I know that RCCL does not allow you to bring cans of soda or water on board, per conversation with them directly.

Usually I'll drink a relative 15 beers a day when I'm on camping trips! So looking at the overall factor of that amount would easily fit into what I'm looking for. I will usually have around 4-5 drinks before noon time. My friend in the other hand, she's a daily heavy drinker but she drinks mostly wine and rum and cokes. Also since we're both buying the drink package will they deliver us "cans" of soda? I know that RCCL does not allow you to bring cans of soda or water on board, per conversation with them directly.

Your economics will work well for the packages. But they will not deliver cans of soda - they make each drink as ordered. Also believe Freedom has - or will by then - the Coke Freestyle machines, so if you are getting the premium package you would have access to that as well as the bars for your soda needs. They also usually allow bottled water to be brought on board but the quality of the on board water us good and we've never felt the need to bring any. Your package also includes bottles water - one at a time as with all drinks. Come to think of it it may include the "premium" juices as well.

Yes I have read all of that info as well. Well that's a bummer they won't deliver cans of soda, I have however seen cans of soda in the mini bar in the state rooms. If I have a premium package will these sodas be included? Only one bottle of water at a time? Yikes!

Yes I have read all of that info as well. Well that's a bummer they won't deliver cans of soda, I have however seen cans of soda in the mini bar in the state rooms. If I have a premium package will these sodas be included? Only one bottle of water at a time? Yikes!

Not sure about the mini fridge (which is all it is) but my guess would be they are not included.

One at a time only means they tyically will not give you multiples at once - but you are not limited in how many you can have. You can return in a few minutes or go to another bar and get more. We were with a couple two weeks ago on Independence who had the premium package and she had two or three waters at a time, so she was either collecting them or they maybe don't enforce that too hard. I wouldn't be too concerned - you will be able to get what you need when you need it.

Regardless, enjoy your cruise - Freedom is a great ship!

When you mentioned coke freestyle machines, what is that and how do they work? Is it like a snack machine where you pay for drinks and it spits out a can or bottle of soda/water?

It is a soda vending machine that dispenses a wide variety of Coke products into a cup - it does not dispense bottles or cans. RCI has an agreement with Coke for these vending machines installed on their US based ships.

Your beverage package will include a permanent plastic cup that has a microchip in it which will be registered to your beverage package as loaded on your SeaPass card which will allow you to use the Freestyle machines. You can also get sodas at the bar.

Following is a link describing the dispensers:

https://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/

We can bring our own cups? Something o haven't read yet. They don't frown upon us walking around with our own cups?

I've never cruised RCCL, but I had no issues taking one on Carnival

Freedom last year. I can't imagine the reasoning behind RCCL if they didn't allow it.

The tumbler came in quite handy actually. A little Captain Morgan from the cabin and a sprite from the nearest bar and I was good to go. ;)

The Freestyle machine only works with the supplied cups because there is a microchip embedded into the bottom to trigger the machine to allow dispensing of a drink.

Now you are perfectly able to pour the drink from the supplied cup into anything else, but remember you can only get a drink with a cup every 15 minutes.

So you cannot fill a supplied cup with soda, dump it into another container, and then fill again.

Of course if the drink you want is at the bar, you can get as many refills as quickly as you can drink them.

In response to your original question - yes we have premade our mix drinks and put them in the RR, as well as filled RR with nonalcoholic drinks that we knew we wouldn't find onboard. I believe the instructions with the RR advise against carbonated beverages.

As far as being caught smuggling - the color of the liquid inside the RR is irrelevant....all of the liquids shows up as black/white/opaque on the xray machine. It is more about packing the RR/containers a certain way (so some say), not having too many RRs in one bag, and really it comes down to the person reading/paying attention to the xray.

In response to your original question - yes we have premade our mix drinks and put them in the RR, as well as filled RR with nonalcoholic drinks that we knew we wouldn't find onboard. I believe the instructions with the RR advise against carbonated beverages.

As far as being caught smuggling - the color of the liquid inside the RR is irrelevant....all of the liquids shows up as black/white/opaque on the xray machine. It is more about packing the RR/containers a certain way (so some say), not having too many RRs in one bag, and really it comes down to the person reading/paying attention to the xray.

Carbonated as in sodas or spritzer water?

I'm very picky about my juices, as I buy mostly organic, no sugar added or preservatives, dyes etc.

Organic juices without preservatives transferred to a plastic/vinyl (?) container and, unrefrigerated, perhaps for days may be inviting a trip to the ship's doctor. And, if you think ANY liquid will get by the airport TSA without them xraying and opening even your checked baggage (which may include cutting off non-TSA locks) to visually verify the contents, you're in for a surprise.

Lastly, if you are thinking about putting any high end wine or spirits in other than their original containers (usually glass), please realize that it will affect the taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums