C.P.S Parking southampton Nightmare.

gazabfc

:mad::mad: Good morning,

Just a quick notice if your using C.P.S at dock gate 4 in southampton make sure you are the first to get of your ship when you return. Because of the road works it took us three and a half hours to get of the car park when we retuned on tuesday on Oriana. C.P.S staff were a disgrace there was no traffic managment in the car park subsiquently it was a free for all trying to exit the car park through a space big enough for one car at a time. There were fights for heavens sake. C.P.S hang your head in shame. Typical we have had your money so we do not care attitude. to sum it up an absouloute nightmare. You have been warned.:mad:

I had seen somewhere on here that the roadworks are due to finish soon, sometime in April? Hope they have gone by the time we arrive on May 12th! Sorry for those of you who have had to suffer though. Takes the edge off things doesn't it?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had seen somewhere on here that the roadworks are due to finish soon, sometime in April? Hope they have gone by the time we arrive on May 12th! Sorry for those of you who have had to suffer though. Takes the edge off things doesn't it?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From what I have read the published finish date for the roadworks is

April but it is 2015, yes April 2015 so a long way to go yet.

I plan to go by Eavesway coach in November and leave the problems to

the coach driver .....

It's not just dock Gate 4 it's getting into Southampton itself if there are a lot of ships in on the same day. Give yourself extra hours (or even stay the night before.) when we left in early Jan it was so bad that people were getting out of their taxis and walking to the ships after being stuck for hours. It was really dreadful but I admit there were a lot of ships in that particular day. Just be aware that there could still be problems.

Just checked SOton cruise ship schedule. OMG there are 5 ships in on the day we get back :-( We leave from Mayflower and arrive back at QE2. Not arrived there before.

Edited by jeanlyon

when we went on the QM from Sampton to NY we could see her from the hotel window and it took us 20 minutes in a taxi the traffic was terrible like a car park - driver said it's always like this when there is a big ship in

Set off as early as you can and give yourself plenty of extra time. Don't worry about the time it says to check in on your ticket as you can check in before without a problem. Personally, we always try to go the day before but realise that not everyone can.

I also disembarked on Tuesday and yes - there were problems but it only took me half an hour as there was a marshall at the roundabout alternating car park traffic with incoming. As others have said - it is nothing to do with CPS and all to do with ABP!

There were no problems boarding on the 13th as all roadworks were suspended for the day. as Oceana was at Ocean terminal as well as Oriana at QEII.

I also disembarked on Tuesday and yes - there were problems but it only took me half an hour as there was a marshall at the roundabout alternating car park traffic with incoming. As others have said - it is nothing to do with CPS and all to do with ABP!

There were no problems boarding on the 13th as all roadworks were suspended for the day. as Oceana was at Ocean terminal as well as Oriana at QEII.

I am booked with ABP May 2nd, can you give me any more info, the last thing I want is a long journey and then a traffic jam :eek:

Thanks

Janis

We got off Oriana X406 on Tuesday first group off at 0845(orange) we collected our suitcases got to our car and loaded and were off the car park and parking in West Quay shopping centre at 0948 and drove back to Staffordshire by 1-30pm.

Thank you Tom.

No problem.

I was feeling a bit disappointed that there were only two ships in port when we sail in late June - Azura (Ocean Terminal) and MSC Opera, and she's berthing up at City terminal. But given the traffic problems I'm now quite glad.

When we go on the Christmas cruise on Arcadia, we'll probably come down on the train.