Breakaway - My thoughts, vignettes and thing that made me say “Huh”

watsonnj

Thanks for the wonderful and entertaining review. I enjoyed it immensely. I must say your wife certainly has her hands full!!

Rochelle

I had my wife read your post, she said "Ain't that the truth."

Thanks for making my day...... I love your wife telling you hold of on the next cruise deposit. But now that you have it, where are you going? I want to be on a ship with you.

Give Dan the Man another try, he really is great and not phony as the others can be.

Great review. Really enjoyed it. Must say though, we are excited about the 2 sinks in the bathroom. We have been married for 34 years and have always had 2 sinks until this last year. We moved to Virginia and the house we are in only has one. It is a fight every morning and night to see who gets the sink first.

Gotta agree with you... I was surprised they didn't warn us in advance about the big waves. By the time the captain came on, it seemed anticlimactic... like riding a roller coaster and, as the train is pulling into the station at the end, having someone say, "You may experience a few ups-and-downs."

And you're so right about the entertainment in the lounges. One of the things I really liked was that if you wanted to sit outside, there were speakers and you could hear the various entertainers at Shakers while out on the deck. Very relaxing.

Go on more cruises! Write more reviews! I love your style!

Richard/Tralfie

Oh, I meant to add that I agreed with you one million percent about Dan The Man. I actually filled out one of those Vacation Hero cards saying that while Dan gets top billing and credit, Scotty made this trip. He was there leading every dance session, he performed at the International Crew Show, he was funny and personable. I had the same feeling about Dan: Impersonal, insincere... he really only seemed interested in being present for the events at which the Captain and other high-profile crew members were trotted out. I wasn't impressed by him at all!

Richard/Tralfie

Thanks for making my day...... I love your wife telling you hold of on the next cruise deposit. But now that you have it, where are you going? I want to be on a ship with you.

Give Dan the Man another try, he really is great and not phony as the others can be.

Me, too! Let us know when the "General Watson" cruise commences! :D

Great review, great attitude...but please, for us foodies...I'd love your take on the specialty dining.

The Master Plan

The planning for the Normandy invasion had nothing on me. I read every show review I could find and checked out every shore excursion. Researched dinner packages (UDP), beverage package (UBP) and in room bar set-up. I checked the navigational maps, long term weather forecasts and my astrology chart. I knew what time the sun would rise and set (important for picking a cabin, starboard side has the sunset on the way down and darker in the mornings, more conducive for sleeping in).

This. IS. Hilarious!!! Whew, good to know I'm not the only one with Obsessive Cruise Planning Disorder !:D

Thank you "Howard the Magnificent" I just loved your review!!!!

Seems to me that just about every trip has some "rocking and rolling" on the last night. I think it has to do with the faster speed they take for the route home. I've noticed that most people have mentioned in their reviews that trip home was the roughest of their cruise.

Fantastic review!!

Loved your "it's a small world" story. That gave me goose bumps!

Question: Did you need reservations for the the Blues and Jazz and dueling piano players? If not, was there a long wait to get into each show?

Thank you General Watson for a very entertaining review!

Appreciate your honesty and 'huh' comments.

Please let us know when you plan to cruise again.

The ice cream bar is a relatively new thing in O'Sheehans and yes, there is a charge for it. Same ice cream you can get in buffet at no charge.

Happy Cruising!!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Loved your review and sense of humor! I too would love to be on the same cruise as you someday.

I can relate to the "small world" story. While stationed in Hawaii I met a guy from Mississippi (can't remember what town) who knew a guy that lived in Cold Water, Mississippi that I had met several years before in a club in Memphis, TN. I was living in Texas at the time but went to Memphis with a friend for a few days.

Thank you CC friends for all the kind words, I'll try to answer some of your questions tonight. And if any of you have a cruising "Small World Story" I would love to read it. I truly believe there is no such thing as a coincidence. :)

Great review, love your humour :)

Here's our small world story. We are waiting to board Breakaway in the little room reserved for Haven guests. In walks a family we know from home, which is somewhat unusual, as we live in a very small town. The irony is they were in the cabin directly above us, so since our balcony was deeper than theirs, we could look up and have conversations with them ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very entertaining!

IMHO, about the double sinks, YMMV:

While we do not skip hand in hand to the bathroom each night, we do usually retire in unison. Morning routines are generally separate times, except on vacation...LOL

We were recently laughing about our Bathroom Meetings---No one bothers us in there, so we often talk in there too, me on the closed commode and he on tub ledge.

I prefer 2 sinks because the beastly male is not nearly as fastidious as I about sink cleanliness.

Curse all those lil shaven hairs, dried toothpaste spittle bits and mouthwash splashes.

While ideally, more counter space would be lovely, as long as there is adequate shelving for bath products, I'm good; would dislike stuff all over the counter willy nilly anyway.

This has been the most entertaining review I have ever read, thanks so much.

I also agree with you on the slam Allen show, I'm so sorry he will not be on the breakaway when I sail on April 27th.

Again thanks for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review.

Thank you "Howard the Magnificent" I just loved your review!!!!

Seems to me that just about every trip has some "rocking and rolling" on the last night. I think it has to do with the faster speed they take for the route home. I've noticed that most people have mentioned in their reviews that trip home was the roughest of their cruise.

Good call. Remember the "Norwegian Breakapart" as someone called it?

Hi General!

Love your sense of humor--it's a lot like my brother's, keeps me in stitches.

FWIW, you can ask for bar soap. They will give you bars of the Elemis soap from the Suites--good stuff. Or, you could try the novelty of a washcloth...

Slam is great. Unfortunately he is no longer with NCL.

Our small world story involved the cruise we took celebrating our daughter's high school graduation on CCL Triumph in 2005. Our DS was 14 and thought he'd be bored. As luck would have it one of his best friends turned out to be on the cruise. VERY lucky for us, that child's parents ended up with custody of our son the whole week--Freedom for us, lol!

Hope to see Slam play at BB kings this summer since he won't be on Breakaway.

My Small World Moment and will try to make it very brief:

First cruise in 2006 my son Brian was 11. We knew nothing about cruising, so we had walkie talkies (I know, I know). He lost his in the Arcade third day in. I start calling it, thinking someone would find it. Few minutes later, a gentleman answers that yes, he had found the walkie talkie.

We were on the same deck, so Brian and I walk to his cabin. He comes out, and says "Brian! Didn't know you were on this cruise!"

It was his basketball coach from a few years ago! And he lives around the corner from us back home. What are the odds?

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day