How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

Host Kat

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I really do not want to discuss my personal problems on a public board but earlier this year I set a goal for myself to do 4 more cruises.

When I was healthy we cruised about 3 times a year.

Thanks, buddy.

21 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Cool, most Aussies are wonderful, but then I think most people are wonderful, just we notice the other sort more. And great you have another so soon. We only have something like 23 days between our next two cruises (exactly one month between the start dates) the closest we have ever had two cruises booked if you ignore b2bs.

We booked the December cruise a year ago.The one we just took was a result of being on a waiting list for an accessible cabin.We never expected that we would be on the cruise but apparently someone cancelled.We do not know why.

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I really do not want to discuss my personal problems on a public board but earlier this year I set a goal for myself to do 4 more cruises.

You’ll do it, I have confidence, you strike me as too stubborn to give in (stubborn in a good way) a few year# ago it looked like my cruising days were over in part because I was fed up with having to fight to get an accessible cabin (and I guess depression that after five years in a wheelchair on good days, bed on the others) and then about 5 back on my feet, albeit with a walker or a couple of sticks, I was in a worse physical state then ever.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

You’ll do it, I have confidence, you strike me as too stubborn to give in (stubborn in a good way) a few year# ago it looked like my cruising days were over in part because I was fed up with having to fight to get an accessible cabin (and I guess depression that after five years in a wheelchair on good days, bed on the others) and then about 5 back on my feet, albeit with a walker or a couple of sticks, I was in a worse physical state then ever.

I wish I had a magic wand.  Best always, Cath.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am glad you have been able to do some cruising again.

29 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

But I have six booked at the moment and just bought a new wheelchair that will fit through the door of a standard cabin, I hope.

A great work around but then I know you are likely to find a loophole to enable more cruising.

49 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

A great work around but then I know you are likely to find a loophole to enable more cruising.

Actually my health has improved a bit so things aren’t as grim as they were about a year or two ago, but being able to book standard cabins should help.

36 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Actually my health has improved a bit so things aren’t as grim as they were about a year or two ago, but being able to book standard cabins should help.

I think it is great anyway you look at it, better health and more cabins choose from.

9 hours ago, clo said:

Yesterday I had ambulatory surgery.The doctor said that after the anesthesia wore off I would be in a lot of pain.However,due to other medical problems I cannot take pain medication.I decided to stay up as late as possible and get so tired that I would fall asleep right away.Big mistake,I was lying in bed 3 hours before falling asleep.

However,the pain is almost gone now.

9 hours ago, clo said:

I have a cousin who has many health issues.About 10 years ago I went into a magic supply store and bought a magic wand.Whenever one of us is ill the other waves the wand.It makes her laugh and that makes me happy.😀

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have a cousin who has many health issues.About 10 years ago I went into a magic supply store and bought a magic wand.Whenever one of us is ill the other waves the wand.It makes her laugh and that makes me happy.😀

Laughter is a great medicine.

6 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Well??? I’ve had some pretty spectacular drugs over the years.

I am sure you have, I have had some powerful drugs as well but mine were toxic. It was the fight evil with evil drugs type thing, was very tough but I lived through to see more days.