How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

Host Kat

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

4 days

Been meaning to ask: do you count from the time you leave home or the time you board the ship? If the latter and you arrive a couple of days before do you count those days? Depending on your answer we'll leave home on the 4th, get to Rio on the 5th, board the ship on the 7th. So is it 14, 15 or 17 days?

2 minutes ago, clo said:

Been meaning to ask: do you count from the time you leave home or the time you board the ship? If the latter and you arrive a couple of days before do you count those days? Depending on your answer we'll leave home on the 4th, get to Rio on the 5th, board the ship on the 7th. So is it 14, 15 or 17 days?

I count from when I board. Though on a roll call etc I may say in X days I will be in Sydney.

42 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I count from today to when I leave my residence.

Lenny I am with you , I am on vacation when Uber pulls up to take us to airport for our first class flight in exactly 9 days. We alway fly a day before foe cruises leaving in USA. 

4 minutes ago, George C said:

Lenny I am with you , I am on vacation when Uber pulls up to take us to airport for our first class flight in exactly 9 days. We alway fly a day before foe cruises leaving in USA. 

I am sure you read my post on leaving a day early but if not I shall repeat it.

When I was healthy and had no travel restrictions I always left a day early.

In 2010 we were cruising to South America .Our plane was scheduled to leave JFK a day before at 8 AM.Due to a massive snowstorm the plane did not leave till 8 PM.

We got off the plane too late to get a shuttle from the hotel we were staying in.I called and spoke to the Manager telling him that there were 9 people on the plane and we are stranded.There were no taxis.He sent an employee to pick us up and by the time we got to our room it was nearly time to get up and go to the cruiseport.My advice to people traveling from the east coast of the US in November or December,leave 2 days earlier.

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am sure you read my post on leaving a day early but if not I shall repeat it.

When I was healthy and had no travel restrictions I always left a day early.

In 2010 we were cruising to South America .Our plane was scheduled to leave JFK a day before at 8 AM.Due to a massive snowstorm the plane did not leave till 8 PM.

We got off the plane too late to get a shuttle from the hotel we were staying in.I called and spoke to the Manager telling him that there were 9 people on the plane and we are stranded.There were no taxis.He sent an employee to pick us up and by the time we got to our room it was nearly time to get up and go to the cruiseport.My advice to people traveling from the east coast of the US in November or December,leave 2 days earlier.

I love New York but very happy to be living in the much warmer Texas but on recent cruise our flights were cancelled due to storms and luckily was able to get early flight the next day, we could have driven if needed since cruise was from Galveston. 

27 minutes ago, George C said:

I love New York but very happy to be living in the much warmer Texas but on recent cruise our flights were cancelled due to storms and luckily was able to get early flight the next day, we could have driven if needed since cruise was from Galveston. 

I love Galveston .Have you ever been to Kemah ? There is a miniature Coney Island there.

4 hours ago, clo said:

Pretty simple really, the thread is called 'How many days until your next cruise?' so it is not when you leave but when you board.

That said, do whatever you feel comfortable with.

Count to when you board, or for when you leave.

On 11/17/2019 at 6:50 PM, clo said:

Now THAT'S a big day 🙂

Oops, the So.Pacific/28-day cruise has funny payment schedule. Yesterday was the last penalty-free day but today is NOT final payment day. Today we would lose our deposit, which was very large (somewhere near 50%). Final payment is four weeks from today at 72 days out from sailaway.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:05 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks very many much,Lois.

Hey Lenny, I could use some love back this way----was diagnosed with very, very small malignancy after my recent

mammogram....having surgery on Wednesday.  Doc is very pleased it is so small and thinks everything will be

fine but could still use all the positive thoughts I can get.  I told him I have a cruise booked for January and he

is good with that! 

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hey Lenny, I could use some love back this way----was diagnosed with very, very small malignancy after my recent

mammogram....having surgery on Wednesday.  Doc is very pleased it is so small and thinks everything will be

fine but could still use all the positive thoughts I can get.  I told him I have a cruise booked for January and he

is good with that! 

Thanks!

I do not pray in a house of worship but I will think positive thoughts for you.

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I do not pray in a house of worship but I will think positive thoughts for you.

Oh...that is all I meant...….thanks!.....however it works for you:classic_smile:......