How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

Host Kat

22 minutes ago, DarrenM said:

Well thanks for that. That's only part of the journey I knew.

So when I get to Calais do I turn left or right?

Straight through to Paris and but try and avoid the roundabout in Paris, just surviving on that would be a triumph. Continue south and turn left when you get to Lyon, then turn right at Milan, proceed to Rome via Florence.

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Straight through to Paris and but try and avoid the roundabout in Paris, just surviving on that would be a triumph. Continue south and turn left when you get to Lyon, then turn right at Milan, proceed to Rome via Florence.

NO, NO, NO!    Never, ever drive any nearer to Paris than necessary.  

I assume you know how to get to Dover - for the ferry to Calais. Then head southeast, passing Reims and Metz towards Basel, then pass Lucerne, Lugano , Milan, Bologna, and Florence. You will pass near the above cities, always avoiding the centers. Depending upon your nerve you might feel up to driving into Rome proper rather than sidestepping to Civitavecchia - but that would be (if possible) as challenging as Paris.

Your first couple of hours after the ferry will need a bit of attention to stay on the right side -but it’s all divided highways so not too much of a challenge.

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

NO, NO, NO!    Never, ever drive any nearer to Paris than necessary.  

I assume you know how to get to Dover - for the ferry to Calais. Then head southeast, passing Reims and Metz towards Basel, then pass Lucerne, Lugano , Milan, Bologna, and Florence. You will pass near the above cities, always avoiding the centers. Depending upon your nerve you might feel up to driving into Rome proper rather than sidestepping to Civitavecchia - but that would be (if possible) as challenging as Paris.

Your first couple of hours after the ferry will need a bit of attention to stay on the right side -but it’s all divided highways so not too much of a challenge.

But if he avoids Paris altogether, how is he going to get a selfie stick and an eiffel tower momento?

27 to go. Yes just 27. 

Check list 

Hotel booked? No. None open.

Flight checked in? No. None flying.

Cruise checked in? Yes.

Going to wait until the last day before booking excursions.

Excited? Oh yes.

• Like 1

Well in 153 day drive from home to station  pier about 1/2 an hour

While driving look for ship........ if ship is docked

Continue driving......  if not u-turn drive home   very short cruise....

At least it is only a drive away  

a one good point it is a B2B of 13 nights  then  14 days isolation then about 5 days then another cruise of 13 nights to NZ ( if the bubble hasn't burst ) then 14 days isolation...... then never again 

Booked the second one beginning of January and the first one as soon as Princess announced the Sapphire coming to Australia for winter........

Little did one know what was going to happen ...

Just look on the bright side of life......

Cheers Don

Edited by getting older slowly

14 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

😀🤣🤣NO, NO, NO!    Never, ever drive any nearer to Paris than necessary.  

Lol, just reminded me of the time we drove to the South of France.  I said I would share the driving but refused to drive on the Peripherique.  Somehow I managed to get onto the Peripherique and the I remember screaming at the drivers and DH until we got off. Never again.  

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 6:14 PM, DarrenM said:

Sorry still laughing at the suggestion i can get a ferry at the moment.

So I drive to Dover. Then what?

You said something like 4 weeks -  P&O Ferries are taking reservations Dover-Calais for mid June - and if they are not running (a close to essential service) I would bet that your cruise would be cancelled as well.

8 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

You said something like 4 weeks -  P&O Ferries are taking reservations Dover-Calais for mid June - and if they are not running (a close to essential service) I would bet that your cruise would be cancelled as well.

Well 26 days to go. Online check in complete.

Still no flights available.

I really dont fancy the 14 day of quarantine required pre cruise or 14 day quarantine required post cruise either.

On 5/15/2020 at 11:14 PM, DarrenM said:

Sorry still laughing at the suggestion i can get a ferry at the moment.

So I drive to Dover. Then what?

Just realised that you're from County Durham so why drive all the way to Dover when you can get the ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge and with a night's sleep under your belt you should be wide awake for your drive!!!!!