How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

Host Kat

272 😟

So far had to rebook a Cuba cruise (not due to pandemic, however, changed itinerary).  Because of pandemic:

- canceled river cruise to see tulips; changed to a land trip to Ireland; since canceled to move it 2021 tulip cruise (hope it goes).  

- canceled Sea of Cortes cruise (that was the Cuba cruise originally).

- also canceled, a 2 month Canadian maritimes RV trip and multiple short RV trips (like  4 or 5 of them).

I'd really like to get out and about.  We've booked a short "trip" end of this month.  RV campground about 20 miles from home (2 miles from RV storage lot).  They don't have any activities there, but at least we'll be sitting around somewhere besides home.

6 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

I have stop counting... as i feel is it now academic.....

Here things are getting worse..... so not even a holiday with in the state....

time to write off 2020  and a good part of 2021 i fear.....

Unless some magic fairy come along and waves a wand

Cheers Don

Oh boy.  I hope it manages to turn around soon.  Hang in there.   

47 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

188 days

OK, so where you are it is tomorrow compared to where I am.  Which of course is yesterday to you.   If I were on the same cruise as you, and since I'm a day behind,  would I be at 188 or 189?  If the cruise is out of the Pacific time zone, then I'm pretty sure I would be at 189.  But if it is Australian Eastern Time zone then I think I would have left yesterday to get there tomorrow and today would not even have happened because of some weird long flight/time zone continuum.    

Never mind.  I clearly have way too much time on my hands with this lock down.  😄

It leaves (supposedly) 15 January 2021, so you would need to add a day. But don't worry, I am confident this cruise isn't happening, apart from the fact I doubt Australia will have any cruises until October 2021 at the earliest, it is with CMV and they are currently stuck in Tilbury with industrial action and money issues.

1 minute ago, ldubs said:

After 4 months of lock down, Mrs Ldubs mentioned a cruise happening Sept next year.  

Hmmm, we may be back on the board with a countdown!  Time will tell.  👏

I wouldn't be booking anything new until you know they are going and you are prepared to cruise in the new style. I know this sounds weird from someone who still has 5 cruises booked but they were all booked prior to Covid apart from the last cruise in 2022, which is one we moved from this year as we knew it would not go ahead.

12 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I wouldn't be booking anything new until you know they are going and you are prepared to cruise in the new style. I know this sounds weird from someone who still has 5 cruises booked but they were all booked prior to Covid apart from the last cruise in 2022, which is one we moved from this year as we knew it would not go ahead.

Good advice.   We did cancel this year's Sept Cruise.  In reality at this point it is just a hope.  A booking is still pending too many pieces coming together.  Just wishful thinking I guess.