Jump to content

How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DarrenM said:

Why?

Travel insurance will be hard to get and I am not going anywhere overseas without at least basic medical coverage ( I don't care if it doesn't cover Covid-19). A Medivac costs $50,000-100,000 at least and any medical in the USA is mega expensive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Travel insurance will be hard to get and I am not going anywhere overseas without at least basic medical coverage ( I don't care if it doesn't cover Covid-19). A Medivac costs $50,000-100,000 at least and any medical in the USA is mega expensive.

Do you not have any travel insurance at the moment?  We've just transferred our October cruise to September next year and because the original holiday was booked before the pandemic was declared we still have full cover for next year's cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, babs135 said:

Do you not have any travel insurance at the moment?  We've just transferred our October cruise to September next year and because the original holiday was booked before the pandemic was declared we still have full cover for next year's cruise.

Yes and no, we have a annual policy which finishes soon (end of August 2020), we would need to renew for another year but chances are they will not cover us despite having booked the cruises under the existing policy. Even still, as the policy only lasts for a year, we would need to renew again for another year before the cruises actually go (late October and November 2021).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes and no, we have a annual policy which finishes soon (end of August 2020), we would need to renew for another year but chances are they will not cover us despite having booked the cruises under the existing policy. Even still, as the policy only lasts for a year, we would need to renew again for another year before the cruises actually go (late October and November 2021).

Interesting, ours is also an annual policy which like you is due for renewal at the beginning of September.  We will have to renew it again to cover next year's cruise (end of September) and we did tell them the dates but they still say we have full cover.  I wonder what will happen when we renew next year.   Not worrying about it at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, babs135 said:

Interesting, ours is also an annual policy which like you is due for renewal at the beginning of September.  We will have to renew it again to cover next year's cruise (end of September) and we did tell them the dates but they still say we have full cover.  I wonder what will happen when we renew next year.   Not worrying about it at the moment.

Insurance companies are only interested in premiums and if there is a higher risk of having to pay out they will use whatever they can to weasel to of it. Renewing a policy may well be deemed as a change of insurance, and therefore may exclude some things we were covered for previously.

Link to post
Share on other sites

730 (or less), as I am quite confident that the pandemic will play itself out, or that there will be effective immunization/treatment, and whatever necessary reorganization of the cruise lines will have been worked out, within two years.  I am not inclined to wager any down payment at this time.

Edited by navybankerteacher
Link to post
Share on other sites

Which day do you want me to answer that for - today is 84 but as fast as the lines are cancelling (had my Mar 2021 Seabourn cruise cancelled yest) but still hoping for my PG cruise in Dec.  However if they keep adding more and more restrictions may cancel that as luxury cruising now on PG is really just a jail cell and room service if you look at thier rules.  Other thing is that we are not sure that we can be sure of getting a PCR test back from any vendor to meet the 3 day Tahiti flight rule.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigrednole said:

Too depressed to say. No matter how many it is, it is getting canceled in about 30 days. Then we will start the countdown for our next cruise that will get canceled.

Welcome to our world, has now happened for me 6 times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Isn’t letting that sort of thing happen to you repeatedly one of the definitions of insanity?

What choice do I have, they were all booked prior to COVID, I haven't booked more since, but the future credits (not just with cruise lines)  are starting to mount up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...