How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

Host Kat

Getting back to the original question ("How many days to your next cruise?")  I wish I had a clue :(.  So far we have had 4 cruises cancelled by 3 different cruise lines and an April 2021 cruise more then likely to be cancelled (once HAL acknowledged some reality).  We honestly have no idea when we will ever set foot on a cruise ship although we have 3 cruises (so far) booked in 2021.  When this COVID thing started last winter nobody accurately predicted the fallout.  Now, as we close in on a year of COVID there is still lots of speculation (what else is new) but few facts.  Will the cruise industry remain shut down for most of 2021?  Perhaps.  I sure hope not...but perhaps.  

Hank

No idea.  Not even certain that we will cruise again.   

We are forward looking to three different international  extended land trips..  As early as Sept/Oct 21 through to fall 2022.   The earliest one may be a little optimistic.

Typically we start looking at complementary cruises at the same time.  Nearby ports, etc, itineraries.  This time we are not even bothered or interested.  Too many unknows about cruising and the cruising environment to bother. It could well be a long time or never.  Not enough data for us to even think about a cruise.

Edited by iancal

3 hours ago, iancal said:

No idea.  Not even certain that we will cruise again.   

We are forward looking to three different international  extended land trips..  As early as Sept/Oct 21 through to fall 2022.   The earliest one may be a little optimistic.

Typically we start looking at complementary cruises at the same time.  Nearby ports, etc, itineraries.  This time we are not even bothered or interested.  Too many unknows about cruising and the cruising environment to bother. It could well be a long time or never.  Not enough data for us to even think about a cruise.

Yes, before Covid-19 hit, we had 8 cruises booked and I am thinking my next cruise will be going the way of the previous 6 that have been cancelled due to Covid. I really don't know when the FCCS will get used.

270 days - but that is the same number I have been thinking of for the past few months.  It is really a minimum - the amount of time I think it will take for all the bugs to be worked out once conditions (effective vaccine most likely) have permitted cruising to start - and to allow all the cruise-deprived crazies to get their fixes.  I think the ambience on the first few sailings will be chaotic for a number of reasons: crews fitting in with each other, necessary protocols worked out, etc.