Sailaway - Aft Balcony or Lido Deck

Eaglemad

Hoping to impress my darling wife and was wondering which would be the better place to be for our first Sailaway on the Sea Princess

In our Aft Suite with decent size balcony or up on the Lido deck and what would the Pros and Cons be for either location.

Although I've never sailed out of Brisbane, IMHO you can see much more from one of the upper decks than from any cabin. In an aft cabin you'll be able to view only sights the ship has already passed.

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

Hoping to impress my darling wife and was wondering which would be the better place to be for our first Sailaway on the Sea Princess

In our Aft Suite with decent size balcony or up on the Lido deck and what would the Pros and Cons be for either location.

Assuming you are sailing in the afternoon in daylight then:

If you want quiet, then it's your aft balcony. Want to experience activities, other passengers, hear the ship's horn, have live music then it's the Riviera Deck around the pool or for better views the Lido deck above it.

If you are sailing during dinner hour or late evening then there will not be too much organized activity. Then it might be better on your balcony.

Another thing to consider is the port. Will the sail away be short or long before you hit open ocean?

Does the Sea Princess have a bridge deck?

We tried the sailaway party once, but found it too loud and crowded for our liking.

We usually head up to the bridge deck; almost nobody there and you can see everywhere.

The Sea Princess has very nice public deck area aft on Aloha deck. You'll be able to see quite a bit from there. It's not the first place people go as they are more likely to be up on Lido deck so it'll be quieter and not as crowded. The only direction you won't be able to see (if you're standing at a side railing) is directly forward.

Edited by Pam in CA

I'll never forget our first sailaway from Brisbane....the atmosphere on deck was fabulous and it was such an emotional experinence.

For something more intimate, choose champers on your suite balcony. You'll still be able to hear the hooter. Enjoy your cruise to the full :).

There is nothing like being up on deck with the music, the atmoshpere is so charged!! I love that part!

Most of the ships have a dining room open upon embarkation, they don't really advertise it but it's a much nicer place to eat than the buffet.

Have a great time!! :D

There is nothing like being up on deck with the music, the atmoshpere is so charged!! I love that part!

Most of the ships have a dining room open upon embarkation, they don't really advertise it but it's a much nicer place to eat than the buffet.

Have a great time!! :D

On most ships the DR is open on boarding day from Noon until 1:30PM, ask once on board. Other options include The Horizon Ct. Buffet, The Riviera Grill, and maybe Cafe Corniche, Pizza, which might be open from noon until 2:30PM. For a full suite they may provide Room Service on boarding day. Just call from your cabin.

It depends on what kind of a mood you are trying to set. For a quiet romantic sailaway the suite balcony wins hands down. If you want to impress her with the excitement and electricity of being on a cruise then you can't beat the setting up on deck--music playing, drinks being served, people celebrating the beginning of a wonderful vacation. Whichever you decide I'm sure it will be special.