AmaBella Tulips and Windmills Tomorrow!

caviargal

We are very excited about our AMA cruise (#3 with this line) and depart tomorrow.

Has anyone just come back from this part of the world that can comment on the flowers at this time? I have been tracking the weather which is somewhat mild and we are packing accordingly. Layers and rain gear and a warmer coat for evenings.

We have a larger twin balcony stateroom for this cruise and are very excited!

Any suggestions for a day trip from Amsterdam are appreciated. It is not our favorite city and we have been before so would prefer to head out and see something new as we have significant time there.

Looking forward to another wonderful experience on AMA :)

Edited by caviargal

Hello caviargal,

Spring has definitely come to Europe. the tulips around here are in bloom so the Netherlands should be great as well. They are not much behind in the season from us. Temperature getting close to 70 F in Amsterdam today.

As regards day trips: I am a train travel enthusiast. I suggest looking for ideas on this website: http://www.raildude.com/en/train-tickets-railmap-of-europe

I love Brügge (Bruges) but it is a long way. So is Brussels. Antwerp is the "European capital" of diamonds, is supposed to be interesting (I have not been there yet). Some German cruise trips take you to Nijmengen, a supposedly nice old town.

Or how about a trip to the seaside? Perhaps past Haarlem (yes, indeed, New York's Harlem is named after this one, the original). You could type in Haarlem in google pictures and see if it appeals to you.

I am sure the cruise director can give you more tips.

Have a great time!

notamermaid

Thanks for the link and I will check it out!

We spent 4 days in Bruges a few years ago but are looking at Brussels for the day we are in Ghent on the river cruise. We visit Antwerp on the cruise as well and the only time we have been there is to catch a train.

Have a great cruise! It's looking like you picked the right year for this one.

Not trying to jinx you :) but if the weather isn't good remember that the exhibits at the Amsterdam Hermitage museum change regularly, so they will be showing completely different things than when you were last in Amsterdam.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

We just got back from the Springtime, Tulips and the Rhein cruise on the River Ambassador Uniworld. The weather was picture perfect!!! I did get a little warm. However cruising thru the Rhein valley was sunny & cool but the view was beautiful. The flowers & tulips at the Kuekenhof gardens were beautiful. Hope you have great weather like we did and enjoy your river cruise!!:)