Copenhagen hotel for solo cruiser

I am researching hotels for 2 nights precruise in Copenhagen. Looking to spend about 200.00 a night for a 3* close to attractions. Traveling solo. Location, historic neighborhood and safety are my main criteria. I've done a bit of research but always like to hear from fellow cruisers. Thanks in advance for all suggestions for area or hotels!

The area around Kongens Nytorv is pretty safe.

Here you can find hotels like Neptun, Scandic Front, Admiral, Opera and probably out of your price range D'Angleterre.

Wake Up hotel (the one at the Tivoli Congress Center is opening another budget hotel at Borgergade close to Kongens Nytorv.

This one is opening this summer.

Its a budget hotel but the current hotel gets alot of good reviews on tripadvisor.

I went through the same thing and settled on the Park Inn by Radisson near the airport. With advance booking, I am paying $180/night (one night stay) although there are cheaper rates listed, it's just the price I'm paying for that date. Yes it's near the airport, two metro stops away and seems to be in and of itself in the middle of nowhere but being right on the metro line, my research shows it's an easy hop on the metro to the downtown area (12 minutes or so), not directly to the Central Station area and Tivoli but I've mapped out already how to get by metro and the #26 bus how to get to the Little Mermaid, then the bus back to Tivoli for the one day I'm there before the cruise and from Tivoli the train back to the airport and then the metro to the hotel.

My attitude has always been is it a safe area and close to public transport as in most cities no one single hotel is convenient to all attractions and I have no problem dealing with public transport. From there, I have only one more decision to make. On the morning of the cruise should I hop back on the metro to the airport and take the cruise line transfer or simply metro to the #26 bus to freeport where my cruise departs from. One 24 hour unlimited public transport ticket for 80 kroner should do the trick!

But you can research any of the recommendations through. But one thing for sure. In Copenhagen, it will be very difficult to get away with much under $200 US per night.

All this is based on my research on Travel Advisor. I don't claim to be an expert on Copenhagen.

Edited by MATHA531

All the exclusive shops and theatres (and the opera house) is located in this part of Copenhagen so there is no bad areas or something.

But in every big city it helps to be aware of your surroundings and not be to naive.

Hello Mr. Danish King,

You are so helpful on this site - thank you. Some cruisers will be staying at the Hilton near the airport and wonder if you could suggest someplace that they could meet for dinner on Friday, May 23rd or Saturday, May 24th. They have looked at the web site prices for the Hilton and wonder if there might be some place less expensive in the area. Thank you for any information.

Wendy

Danish Viking,

We have a group of probably 20 that will meet the night before the cruise and looking for a place to meet around the Hotel Vesterboro. Looking for a place large enough for us to sit down (either a bar or restaurant).

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189541-d232090-Reviews-Comfort_Hotel_Vesterbro-Copenhagen_Zealand.html#MAPVIEW

Don't think I'd like staying by the airport. Even with the easy transport, IMHO, you miss something if not staying in the city... Especially the ability to have your hotel nearby for a little rest before dinner! Or a short nap if you have jetlag. Nothing like being able to walk out your door and find yourself in a beautiful European city!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think I'd like staying by the airport. Even with the easy transport, IMHO, you miss something if not staying in the city... Especially the ability to have your hotel nearby for a little rest before dinner! Or a short nap if you have jetlag. Nothing like being able to walk out your door and find yourself in a beautiful European city!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True but in my case, I'm only in Copenhagen one afternoon and evening cruising out the next day. Frankly part of my reason for staying near the airport is I want to keep a viable option of catching the cruise line transfer the next day although I'm game enough to use public transport. Again, I'm no expert but the hotel I've chosen is right on the metro line easy connection back to the airport and I've sort of decided on what I wish to do in Copenhagen the one afternoon and evening so it's sort of is what it is.

Hello Mr. Danish King,

You are so helpful on this site - thank you. Some cruisers will be staying at the Hilton near the airport and wonder if you could suggest someplace that they could meet for dinner on Friday, May 23rd or Saturday, May 24th. They have looked at the web site prices for the Hilton and wonder if there might be some place less expensive in the area. Thank you for any information.

Wendy

There isn´t really anything out there besides the airport. :D

But Café Kystens Perle at Bryggergården has some good reviews.

http://www.cafekystensperle.dk/

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/Bryggerg%C3%A5rden/@55.6369883,12.6540451,17z/data=!4m5!1m2!2m1!1zNcO4cmVu!3m1!1s0x0:0x6ba7662032900347

The nearby Blå Planet Aquarium also has a very good restaurant that serves seafood but I´m not sure if you have to pay entrance

http://www.denblaaplanet.dk/en/

Danish Viking,

We have a group of probably 20 that will meet the night before the cruise and looking for a place to meet around the Hotel Vesterboro. Looking for a place large enough for us to sit down (either a bar or restaurant).

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189541-d232090-Reviews-Comfort_Hotel_Vesterbro-Copenhagen_Zealand.html#MAPVIEW

Beergarden in Tivoli, its my favourite place :D

This season you can also visit them without entering Tivoli.

http://www.tivoli.dk/en/mad/biergarten+tivoli/