Baltic - rough seas in Aft cabin?

iuac1

We are sailing in July on the Constellation Baltic cruise. We have a chance to upgrade same price to Concierge class rooms but they are on deck 8 Aft - pretty close to the back. The perks for Concierge seem fun and the rooms are a bit bigger but our current room is Midship A2 (veranda). Are seas rough on the Baltic cruise? Has anyone experienced rough seas/aft cabin on this cruise? Our TA is advising against the upgrade. We are confused.

We are sailing in July on the Constellation Baltic cruise. We have a chance to upgrade same price to Concierge class rooms but they are on deck 8 Aft - pretty close to the back. The perks for Concierge seem fun and the rooms are a bit bigger but our current room is Midship A2 (veranda). Are seas rough on the Baltic cruise? Has anyone experienced rough seas/aft cabin on this cruise? Our TA is advising against the upgrade. We are confused.

We were on deck 8, in a Concierge Class cabin, near aft (I believe you do not mean aft-facing, but merely in the aft section of the ship) and we loved it. The seas were incredibly calm. We departed from Stockholm but returned to Harwich.

I would be curious why your TA is advising against.

Rosie seems to think you are talking about an actual aft-facing cabin. That would be even better! But I don't think that's what you mean. Those cabins are highly coveted on M class ships. I was fortunate enough to snag one from Amsterdam to Istanbul and loved it, even when the Bay of Biscay was so rough that Mr. B. missed the first formal night's dinner due to seasickness. He would do it all again but eat a much lighter, and earlier, lunch.

The Bay of Biscay is evidently known for rough seas. Not so the Baltic!

We did the Baltics on Eclipse out of Southampton, and had the last cabin on the side of the ship before the aft cabins. We had somewhat rough seas in the North Sea and going from the North Sea into the Baltic Sea, but that was short lived. I believe on Constellation you embark in Amsterdam, not Southampton, which would cut out most of the North Sea portion of the voyage.

Do you mean that you currently have an AQ2 or a 2A? I'd rather have the AQ than the CC.

I was on the Constellation this past week in an aft suite, Deck 6. The seas were a little rough on two nights and we felt it. Had to take an extra sea sickness pill on the morning of one of those. I do believe that you feel seas movement more on the aft and higher up. I am a little worried about our upcoming Baltics cruise and being in the AQ's on Deck 11.

We did the Baltics on Eclipse out of Southampton' date=' and had the last cabin on the side of the ship before the aft cabins. We had somewhat rough seas in the North Sea and going from the North Sea into the Baltic Sea, but that was short lived. I believe on Constellation you embark in Amsterdam, not Southampton, which would cut out most of the North Sea portion of the voyage.[/quote']

From Amsterdam you miss the English Channel. You still get most of the North Sea.

It can be rough, although in Summer your chances are better.