19th July 2014, Round Hokkaido

winelover10

Hello to anyone that is cruising around Hokkaido, leaving from Otaru on 19th July. We are two friends looking forward to our Japanese experience - never been to Japan before so cannot wait to see what Japan and its people has to offer. Look forward to hearing from anyone travelling on the same cruise. Jura (Melbourne, Australia)

• 1 month later...

Hi Jura,

I will be on the same cruise from Otaru with my mother. I'm Japanese and living in Tokyo but I've only been to Sapporo and Otaru before, so I'm really looking forward to visiting various area in Hokkaido.

Since I'm a little philatelist I suggest to you a rare experience in some post office in Japan! About half of post office in Japan they have special red cancellation called "Fuukei-in". It represents landscape, the local products and sometimes festivals. If you want to send postcards to your friends from Japan, it's nice to go to post office, buy stamps(it costs 70 yen to abroad) and ask post officer to send it with Fuukei-in.

• 11 months later...

We are planning a cruise to Aisia in 2016. We are trying to decide whether to do around Japan with all the summer festivals as highlights and includes Busan or a cruise to Japan and Taiwan. The one with Taiwn includes Okinawa and Taipai. What is the recommendation?