RCL crimes on board - someone explain this to me.

OK, Fox news says 2 rapes per month. Sometimes my common sense isn't that good, but wouldn't you think that the worst place to commit a serious crime (from the criminal's point of view) would be on a cruise ship. Unlike a hotel, park, beach, parking lot, or anywhere else on face of the earth, there is no place to run on a cruise ship (would you jump overboard???) Plus, they have photos of everyone on board including crew linked to your sea pass card. It seems as if the cruise line could have the victim look at all the photos and just wait for the creep to try to leave the ship.. They know when you are on the ship, when you are off the ship, when you charge things to your card, and they may even know when you enter or exit your stateroom and when you open your safe. I just don't get it. I do not want to minimize these serious issues, but it doesn't quite add up to me...

OK, Fox news says 2 rapes per month. Sometimes my common sense isn't that good, but wouldn't you think that the worst place to commit a serious crime (from the criminal's point of view) would be on a cruise ship. Unlike a hotel, park, beach, parking lot, or anywhere else on face of the earth, there is no place to run on a cruise ship (would you jump overboard???) Plus, they have photos of everyone on board including crew linked to your sea pass card. It seems as if the cruise line could have the victim look at all the photos and just wait for the creep to try to leave the ship.. They know when you are on the ship, when you are off the ship, when you charge things to your card, and they may even know when you enter or exit your stateroom and when you open your safe. I just don't get it. I do not want to minimize these serious issues, but it doesn't quite add up to me...

1. The concensus is that they said 2 sexual assaults / month not rape and when you consider that could mean anything from a grope to rape and consider the number of ships x cruises x passengers it is a very small percentage.

2. In many cases the people who are assaulted do not report it because -

they were drunk, too ashamed, too ashamed because they were drunk and led the guy/girl on.

3. What you saw on Fox was IMHO sensational journalism fueled by the "MURDER AT SEA" on the Brilliance.

You are absoluetly correct when you state that pictures are tied to seapass

and someone could very easily identify someone that way.

If you ever cruise in the Caribbean - look at the Rum Runner as it comes back in - and see some of the passengers departing - Half naked, drunk as skunks

and I am sure may have been involved in hankey pankey whether they wanted to or not - but if you are going to drink to excess - that is a risk.

Most women I know if you try to grope them you are going to get a knee in the groin.

Once again the sleazy lawyers got everyone's attention!! Now if they can just get our litigation, they will have succeeded.

Sensationalism at it's finest. As other posters have stated the show said sexual assaults. This could mean anything from a pickup line to an actual physical assault. I would like to know more details before I got all excited and wanted to lock up all the young females.

Archived