No Afts for 2- side cabin advice?

Nan59

We have a great TA who was able to find aft cabins together for us on the Independence next March but when we all made deposits (5 couples) RC said no that they would only go to triples and quads...guess I understand but not really. Anyway now the option is side d1 on deck 10 or d2 cabins on Deck 9. Is one deck better than the other for us?

Also wondering if JS side balconies on Decks 9 and 10 are all same size balconies??? We were in aft JS on deck 10 and RC will let us keep that for 2. Should we keep it ? We love the balcony but also want to be near friends. One last question will they open partitions between side balconies on the Indy? Any help would be appreciated...

We have a great TA who was able to find aft cabins together for us on the Independence next March but when we all made deposits (5 couples) RC said no that they would only go to triples and quads...guess I understand but not really. Anyway now the option is side d1 on deck 10 or d2 cabins on Deck 9. Is one deck better than the other for us?

Also wondering if JS side balconies on Decks 9 and 10 are all same size balconies??? We were in aft JS on deck 10 and RC will let us keep that for 2. Should we keep it ? We love the balcony but also want to be near friends. One last question will they open partitions between side balconies on the Indy? Any help would be appreciated...

If you pick deck 10 you will be directly under the pool and buffet. You may or may not hear noise from this. Safer to be on deck 9 which is in between two decks of cabins.

The aft JS cabins have huge balconies and the cabin is very nice. I'd keep that one.

I also tried to book aft cabins in March for just 2 and they blocked me from doing that, but I was able to book the exact same cabins in December without a problem. I think they are only enforcing this rule during peak travel periods and March is a peak spring break month.

If you pick deck 10 you will be directly under the pool and buffet. You may or may not hear noise from this. Safer to be on deck 9 which is in between two decks of cabins.

The aft JS cabins have huge balconies and the cabin is very nice. I'd keep that one.

I also tried to book aft cabins in March for just 2 and they blocked me from doing that, but I was able to book the exact same cabins in December without a problem. I think they are only enforcing this rule during peak travel periods and March is a peak spring break month.

I just booked Liberty OTS 7708 aft corner cabin for 2 for may 25th. No problem.

Edited by alexpress

I just booked Liberty OTS 7708 aft corner cabin for 2 for may 25th. No problem.

As I said above, according to someone I spoke to in Corporate, they are only enforcing the rule during peak travel periods like school vacations and holidays. March is a huge spring break month for colleges in the northeast so I believe that is why they are blocking 2 people from booking the triples and quads at that time. I'm sure Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, as well as the summer months will be blocked also. I had no trouble securing aft cabins for May, early December and mid January.

We had the same problem with our TA calling RCCI and not letting us have any Aft balcony under Cat D for two people on the Navigator July '15. I called two days later and told them how disappointed I was that I couldn't have an Aft corner balcony and I knew they were available so she called and in 10 minutes I had one. Mine is a deck 9 corner Cat E.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had the same problem with our TA calling RCCI and not letting us have any Aft balcony under Cat D for two people on the Navigator July '15. I called two days later and told them how disappointed I was that I couldn't have an Aft corner balcony and I knew they were available so she called and in 10 minutes I had one. Mine is a deck 9 corner Cat E.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe that is because the aft cabins on deck 9 only hold 2 people. I think if you had tried for deck ten or eight they would not have allowed it as those are triples. The afts on deck nine are the only afts that are double occupancy on the Navigator.