2015 Brides!

I came across more questions again today......

1. In order to have a reception back on the ship (island wedding) Do you have to book through Carnival for your on island wedding? It states you do on the website but I could of sworn I saw it somewhere that people book third party weddings on the island and still have the Carnival reception back on board.

2. What if the itinerary changes? (it happens a lot with a tender port on the itinerary) Do most third parties change the date for you? I'm worried they wouldn't work with us VS Carnival might. The prices are just WAY better for a third party because they include everything we wanted (arches, walkway detail, flowers, music, pictures, sand ceremony) I know Carnival includes some of those things but some are add ons and I just don't want to start with a 2000 or so wedding package and end up with 4000 by adding on little things. So far we were looking at yourbahamasbeachwedding.com and it looks great for pricing and what not...but I'm worried A. If the itinerary changes they don't. and B. If we book through them can we still get the reception on board with Carnival?

3. Sidenote of the reception on board Carnival. Here's where I'm confused. I see prices for each package on their website. They list what is included in each package. Prices are on there....it all makes sense right? NO then I contact Carnival and she sends me two separate emails. One with wedding ceremony prices and one with reception prices yet they still say the whole package on the ceremony prices.... I'm just really confused. http://www.carnival.com/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/Weddingspricelistpdf.ashx That is the regular prices (we are looking into obviously the beach ceremony in Nassau) The price for the Time to Celebrate Big is 2,175 the Island ceremony is 2,125 then I have prices for the reception at 900.00. So CONFUSING! Did anyone else run into this? How did they describe it to you?( FYI I fully realize this sounds like a ramble lol but I'm getting so stressed trying to plan this shindig!)

I'm so glad I started this thread because honestly I'm going to need help from people with experience before I start pulling my hair out! :eek:

Well so far I have done:

-Save the Dates out and done.

-Bridesmaids dresses done and going to order in a few weeks.

We are patiently (kinda) waiting for all of the summer itineraries to be finalized and published before we book our 2015 wedding. We are waiting for August/Sept itineraries to be out before we pinpoint a specific sailing - obviously the itinerary and ports are more important to us than the actual date. I am so excited - I can't wait to start planning! We were actually amidst planning an outdoor/picnic/backwoods wedding and decided to say sc**w it and take the cruise route. So we have up and changed everything, everything, and we couldn't be happier or more excited about our decision.

I know that I have read on here that people have had the Carnival reception without booking the wedding through Carnival. As you said, DustinAndStacy, the information is a bit confusing. I don't think I saw anywhere in the literature online that a reception only was even an option! Anyway, I did ask the bride about it on the forum but never heard anything back. I do hope that someone on here can provide us with some information because that is what we plan on doing - island wedding w/ reception back on the ship.

Good luck to everyone and happy planning!!

going to try and give my experiences...please excuse any typos...not great at doing this on my phone lol

I came across more questions again today...... going to try and give my experiences...please excuse any typos...not great at doing this on my phone lol

1. In order to have a reception back on the ship (island wedding) Do you have to book through Carnival for your on island wedding? It states you do on the website but I could of sworn I saw it somewhere that people book third party weddings on the island and still have the Carnival reception back on board.

We ultimately wanted to do this...my experience was that i could get married on island thru an outside vendor...if we wanted a full reception back on board with dj meal etc...i could IF- we paid full price for reception and the reception had to be over before the ship sailed away again. We didnt want to rush our ceremony on island and cut out time for our guests on island so we passed on the reception and booked the steakhouse instead for all our guests. I have read of previous brides booking private functions kinda like the meet and greets that roll calls do sometimes...i cant speak to that as it wasnt of interest to us after looking into the steakhouse lol. We did manage to get a bigger decorated cake thru group bookings which was nice for what we wanted. No huge tiered cake but theymet with us the morning of the first sea day to discuss decorating of table and they did use my topper and decor i brought for it :)...as well as sat with me and took the sketches i had made of how I would like it to look...there was a much better selection of flavours and fillings this way also 2.

What if the itinerary changes? (it happens a lot with a tender port on the itinerary) Do most third parties change the date for you? I'm worried they wouldn't work with us VS Carnival might. The prices are just WAY better for a third party because they include everything we wanted (arches, walkway detail, flowers, music, pictures, sand ceremony) I know Carnival includes some of those things but some are add ons and I just don't want to start with a 2000 or so wedding package and end up with 4000 by adding on little things. So far we were looking at yourbahamasbeachwedding.com and it looks great for pricing and what not...but I'm worried A. If the itinerary changes they don't. and B. If we book through them can we still get the reception on board with Carnival? My planner had a clause in contract that if our port was missed due to the ship changing itinerary she would either credit us to a future sailing and dat....or work with us on a switch of dates during the same original sailing ( sidenote this almsot happened to us during the time that most cruiseline drpped grand turk due to water issues. They were going to reverse 2 ports which pushed our wedding day up a day. My planner was like do not worry...keep in touch with me and we'll work it out whatever day you get here.as it was the issue was fixed couple weeks before we sailed and all went as planned. I had read a review once where someones ship did totally miss the port due to weather and they managed to get an at sea wedding but i do believe it was a Princess ship since at sea is only done by certain lines.3. Sidenote of the reception on board Carnival. Here's where I'm confused. I see prices for each package on their website. They list what is included in each package. Prices are on there....it all makes sense right? NO then I contact Carnival and she sends me two separate emails. One with wedding ceremony prices and one with reception prices yet they still say the whole package on the ceremony prices.... I'm just really confused. http://www.carnival.com/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/Weddingspricelistpdf.ashx That is the regular prices (we are looking into obviously the beach ceremony in Nassau) The price for the Time to Celebrate Big is 2,175 the Island ceremony is 2,125 then I have prices for the reception at 900.00. So CONFUSING! Did anyone else run into this? How did they describe it to you?( FYI I fully realize this sounds like a ramble lol but I'm getting so stressed trying to plan this shindig!)

I'm so glad I started this thread because honestly I'm going to need help from people with experience before I start pulling my hair out! :eek:

Well so far I have done:

-Save the Dates out and done.

-Bridesmaids dresses done and going to order in a few weeks.

Edited by jaxie001

We just paid for our Wedding with Royal Romance and got the invoice back - it's official!!

February 3rd, 2015 on Allure of the Seas! We are doing a Ceremony at Sea, and (painfully) planning a Cocktail Reception in the evening.

Our guest list keeps growing, we are at 55 booked so far, and haven't even sent the formal invites yet.

yay for planning! if ANYONE has tips for me, please share :)

Thanks for that info Jaxie!

I have a question, that I believe has been discussed on other postings but I would like to ask here: Do you plan on booking as a group? Or do you plan on letting the guests book their own rooms? Why? (We plan on going with Carnival)

I have heard that the advantages of booking through group is that everyone can be near each other and its easier to get seating in the MDR together. However, my feelings on that are: I want my guests to be able to get a room wherever they want, and I also want them to have the freedom to eat when they want. For example, I prefer Your Time Dining; I'm sure some of my guests will prefer to have a static dining time. Also, I don't want my guests to feel that they MUST spend all of their time together. This is as much their vacation as it is our wedding and I want people to feel free to do whatever they like on board and in port and also to be able to eat when and where they want to eat. On the flip side, I have heard that unless you book a group you can not have a reception on board. Anyone know any truth to this? We will be paying for our wedding party to travel with us, so I do plan on at least booking those rooms through group travel, but I am leaning more towards letting guests book on their own.

Edited by laycj18

We are planning April 12,2015 on the Carnival Liberty! Are any of you getting married on an island?

Our daughter is getting married Oct 31, 2015 on the Liberty, doing it on the ship prior to leaving Port Canaveral so that area family can come just for the wedding not cruise. We expect to have 100 cruisers. Anyone know of any no no's when it comes to making OOT bags (other than alcohol of course). I'll be following you for any advice. Congratulations!!!!

Edited by christa212

We're getting married on the Jan 25, 2015 sailing on Carnival Valor. We decided to go with an island wedding on St Thomas (1st port of call) because of cost and the beautiful setting. Any of the wedding planners there will help with the marriage licensing logistics if that's a worry.

We have booked through Carnival with GOH on Cayman. I have found pricing a bit confusing too. Originally I was going to book direct with attention a Grand Old House but was told by Desiree that because we were on Carnival I had to book through them (at quite a but more $ for exactly the same wedding) but I decided it is fine as this is our big day.

So far we've decided on the flower pillars, 30 chairs, a runner, and champagne toast. We are expecting 20 to 35 guests. I'm so excited, but I have to admit I thought this would be such an easy wedding, but there is a lot to coordinate.

We have booked through Carnival with GOH on Cayman. I have found pricing a bit confusing too. Originally I was going to book direct with attention a Grand Old House but was told by Desiree that because we were on Carnival I had to book through them (at quite a but more $ for exactly the same wedding) but I decided it is fine as this is our big day.

So far we've decided on the flower pillars, 30 chairs, a runner, and champagne toast. We are expecting 20 to 35 guests. I'm so excited, but I have to admit I thought this would be such an easy wedding, but there is a lot to coordinate.

I am also getting married at GOH on Cayman. My wedding is on May 6, 2015. I am super excited! Also booked directly through Carnival. I haven't contacted the Wedding Experience yet for add ons. Did they send you photos for the flower pillars, and other extras?

I am also getting married at GOH on Cayman. My wedding is on May 6, 2015. I am super excited! Also booked directly through Carnival. I haven't contacted the Wedding Experience yet for add ons. Did they send you photos for the flower pillars, and other extras?

TWE does send pictures for add ons of arches, flowers and boutonnières if you request. Also, they will help you book additional music accompaniments if you wish.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We're getting married on the Jan 25, 2015 sailing on Carnival Valor. We decided to go with an island wedding on St Thomas (1st port of call) because of cost and the beautiful setting. Any of the wedding planners there will help with the marriage licensing logistics if that's a worry.

Cat29, I was under the impression that Carnival wanted you to apply for your marriage license about 60 days before the ceremony? Have they changed those requirements?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just paid for our Wedding with Royal Romance and got the invoice back - it's official!!

February 3rd, 2015 on Allure of the Seas! We are doing a Ceremony at Sea, and (painfully) planning a Cocktail Reception in the evening.

Our guest list keeps growing, we are at 55 booked so far, and haven't even sent the formal invites yet.

yay for planning! if ANYONE has tips for me, please share :)

Hi!

I'm new to the cruise critic forum and just got engaged May 11, 2014. My fiancé and I love cruising. We thought a cruise wedding would be perfect. He's also former navy, and loves being on the water. I haven't seen many RC brides on the forum. We were considering them for June 2015. However have read reviews on other sites about terrible communication issues with Royal Romance. How has your experience been with them so far?

Hey everyone! I'm new to CC and my fiancé and I are trying to decide if the cruise wedding is for us so i have a few questions. I'm interested in hearing about anyone's island wedding experience on any cruise line, but especially carnival.

We're from houston, tx so would be departing from galveston.

1. What was your island wedding location and why did you chose it? What was the name of the actual beach or spot your ceremony was on? I'm worried about marriage license issues and I'm also really interested in seeing the beach spot the cruise line uses for weddings

2. What is a sand ceremony? Lol I feel like I know but just want to be sure.

3. Do the ships have hair and makeup people?

4. Through carnival is their an option to buy the cd and rights to your pictures from their photographers? I heard on Rc you can get the whole cd for $1200.

5. I don't plan on having a reception, will they let me have a wedding cake if I reserve a steakhouse on board for my guests and us?

I feel like I have tons more questions but don't even know where to begin! I've never been on a cruise before but the idea of a tropical ceremony location and all of the on ship entertainment sound perfect for us!

I'd really love to hear about anyone's experience with their island breeze wedding and planning process. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Pics too!

Thank you in advance! 😀

Sent from my iPad using Forums

2. What is a sand ceremony? Lol I feel like I know but just want to be sure.

a sand ceremony is similar to a unity candle. Combining your once separate lives. I have a standard one I use when I do ceremonies. I can share it if you like.

3. Do the ships have hair and makeup people?

Hair people yes. Makeup.... maybe. No guarantee you'll get an appointment. You need to go their when you first get on the ship to make an appointment.

4. Through carnival is their an option to buy the cd and rights to your pictures from their photographers? I heard on Rc you can get the whole cd for $1200.

Yes it is part of one of the packages.

😀

These are the answers I know so far.

Thank you for your helpful response mrstriceasnice! Would you happen to know the price of that photo package that includes the rights? I've heard of people paying up to 4000 for the photos alone! I know I could not spend that much on photos!

Hi everyone!! My fiance and I were engaged on Carnival Breeze on 12/7/13. We are getting married on the Norwegian Star on 10/25/15. I have not seen many NCL brides here so I would love any input!

We are SO excited and have the Deluxe Owner's Suite booked for our wedding/honeymoon cruise. Congratulations to all the cruise brides!

Alex

Thank you for your helpful response mrstriceasnice! Would you happen to know the price of that photo package that includes the rights? I've heard of people paying up to 4000 for the photos alone! I know I could not spend that much on photos!

I think I have managed to attach the price list here.

13092747_8.PhotoPriceList-Weddingscrop.jpg.763f9ac98ec32b352c78d281a985bec6.jpg

We made a final decision! We will be cruising on the Carnival Victory to Key West and Cozumel from Aug 27-31, 2015! We will be getting married in Key West, with a reception back on the ship.

I have a question about invitations - and I know this is completely against etiquette, but are actual invitations necessary? I just ordered our Save the Date cards and we have a website for people to reference for information about the trip and booking. We will be sending out the STD cards as soon as we get them, so people will be receiving them 14 months in advance. I was thinking, is it really necessary to send out an invitation? We have a group booking, so I am considering someone's booking as their RSVP - why is it necessary for me to send out the same information with an RSVP card to send back when nearly everyone who is going to travel with us will be booked by then? Maybe I am missing something here....if I am please enlighten me. :confused:

Edited by laycj18

I was thinking, is it really necessary to send out an invitation? We have a group booking, so I am considering someone's booking as their RSVP - why is it necessary for me to send out the same information with an RSVP card to send back when nearly everyone who is going to travel with us will be booked by then? Maybe I am missing something here....if I am please enlighten me. :confused:

Hi Laycj18, I have a slightly shorter timeframe. My guests have 11 months make their bookings and arrangements. I was kind of wondering the same thing. My only thought would be you may have some wedding guests that are not tech savvy??? Some people also are very traditional and want that piece of paper. Also maybe the response cards would serve as a way to know if you need to follow up on anyone??

After much discussion, We've also picked our cruise. We will be cruising on Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas, May 10th, 2015, out of Ft. Lauderdale. We just finished setting up our group booking with our travel agent.

My next step is to book my Wedding At Sea, with Royal Caribbean and get the word out.

I'm working quickly to build my wedding website to get the initial word out ASAP. I probably will follow up with formal invitations, but I'm not sure I'll include a response card because as you say, when they make their booking, you know they are going. Would also like to hear anyone's thoughts on this.