Choice Air seat selection

epixx

We are flying from PHL to BCN via FRA on LH. When purchasing the Choice Air tickets, I was able to select seats for the PHL to BCN segment. The Choice Air confirmation notes the selected seats. However, when I check my booking on the LH website, I do not see that we have any seats selected. Should I select seats again from the LH website, or do we actually have seats already selected in the group booking for Choice Air?

We are flying from PHL to BCN via FRA on LH. When purchasing the Choice Air tickets, I was able to select seats for the PHL to BCN segment. The Choice Air confirmation notes the selected seats. However, when I check my booking on the LH website, I do not see that we have any seats selected. Should I select seats again from the LH website, or do we actually have seats already selected in the group booking for Choice Air?

I have always used the airline's website to select seats. You should have a record locator from Choice Air to use on the airline's website.

If you try the record locator and it does not work on the airline's website, call Choice Air. We had a booking last year that used two different record locators and they had to give me the second one over the phone.

• 2 weeks later...

I would definitely book seats directly thru the airlines. Also recommend checking on your flights status regularly prior to trip. We booked with choice air in 8/2013 for flights in june 2014. The second leg of our flight had changed to where we would be missing our flight - we were not notified by choice air. When I found the change and called choice air to correct the situation, I was made to feel that they were doing me a favor and this was something I had requested!! They did not offer a different flight to be able to make our 2nd flight- I had to research and find a flight and put request in for change. Was treated curtly and with no respect - will never book with choice air again!

The one downside I found of booking with Choice Air was that they were notified of any flight changes etc. Although I tried to change the notification on the airline site, it always went back to Choice Air. I was flying out ahead of a hurricane so I just made sure to go directly to the airline site every few hours to check on the status rather than rely on Choice Air to notify me (to be fair, I'm sure they were swamped with calls due to the hurricane). The huge savings was more than worth a little inconvenience. I find this situation similar to booking thru a TA, they get notified not me and I have to call the TA for any info.

I would definitely book seats directly thru the airlines. Also recommend checking on your flights status regularly prior to trip. We booked with choice air in 8/2013 for flights in june 2014. The second leg of our flight had changed to where we would be missing our flight - we were not notified by choice air. When I found the change and called choice air to correct the situation, I was made to feel that they were doing me a favor and this was something I had requested!! They did not offer a different flight to be able to make our 2nd flight- I had to research and find a flight and put request in for change. Was treated curtly and with no respect - will never book with choice air again!

You have to remember, the choice air agents work for RCI and not an airline. Their knowledge is severely limited. RCI appears to give minimal training. Their prices are good, but you have to stay on top of your your flights.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I found a flight on their website and wanted to purchase it when I called them, they kept giving me a quote that is higher in price for the exact same flight, then asked me what class the ticket was showing on their website. After insisting that my flight is no longer available at the price I am seeing, I just book it on the website and they were at the price the website is showing. Don't expect these people to help you when you really need help.

I booked through choice air for my last cruise. I had seats then rechecked and they were gone. I had to rebook my seats on the airline website.

However as for help. My flight got changed from Friday night to Saturday. Not notified we had just checked on our flight and found out. Changed it back to Friday because we wanted to go down day before cruise. Got to airport and we couldn't check in. why nobody knows. we called emergency number for day of travel and the agent called delta. we were in line at the airport and on the phone with choice air agent for 45 minutes. They finally canceled reservation and rebooked and then we could check in. If the agent from choice air hadn't helped us we would have missed our flight.

Also last year we were flying to China and american airlines changed out flight from 3:30 to 1:30. never notified us. We got to the airport and missed the flight. This was not through Choice air just through AA. The ticket agent yelled at us and told us it was our responsibility to check the reservation.

So rebook your seats and keep checking until you are actually on the plane. Don't count on anybody notifying you of any changes seats or flights

I'm in the exact situation as you are

Leaving May 17th from Ottawa to Newark to Ft. Lauderdale seats booked and all is good to go

Coming back Ft. Lauderdale to Toronto to Ottawa cannot book seats on ChoiceAir or Air Canada site. Tried calling airline was on hold toooo long will have to try again...

Just booked Choice Air Cleveland>LAX>Sydney. We are on United for the CLE>LAX, with seats. We are on Qantas LAX>SYD, and cannot book the seats. We can request a seating location for an additional $25.00 pp. Trying to figure out what we should do with this one. Any suggestions??

Our return is Qantas SYD>LAX, again, cannot book seats. (I think I should call Qantas and ask them.) Flying United LAX>CLE, and have seats.

Just booked Choice Air Cleveland>LAX>Sydney. We are on United for the CLE>LAX, with seats. We are on Qantas LAX>SYD, and cannot book the seats. We can request a seating location for an additional $25.00 pp. Trying to figure out what we should do with this one. Any suggestions??

Our return is Qantas SYD>LAX, again, cannot book seats. (I think I should call Qantas and ask them.) Flying United LAX>CLE, and have seats.

We had the same problem on one of our routings that included a British Airways flight. Turns out that the type of ticket that Choice Air purchased from BA did not allow advanced seat selection. Our only option was to pay extra to BA to select seats.

I am doing the same flight except orignating in Boston. I tried reservering seats threw LH but they don't reserve seats for flights that are with in Europe is what the person over the phone told me. That I can only do so when I check in.

If the agent from choice air hadn't helped us we would have missed our flight.

Then again, if you had booked directly with the airline, you may not have had a problem in the first place. ;)

Also last year we were flying to China and american airlines changed out flight from 3:30 to 1:30. never notified us. We got to the airport and missed the flight. This was not through Choice air just through AA. The ticket agent yelled at us and told us it was our responsibility to check the reservation.

He or she shouldn't have yelled at you, but ask any frequent flyer and they will tell you it doesn't matter who you book with you; you should ALWAYS take it upon yourself to double check your flight times and seat assignments because they can and do change.

dia+, have booked thru choice air on 5 transatlantic criuses, all went as it should, I did go online to the airline site and change the seats. No problem. I think choice air is a good buy for a one way flight. Never tried it for round trip.

If you're flying economy, QANTAS doesn't allow advance seat selection, you get your seats at check in.

If you're flying economy, QANTAS doesn't allow advance seat selection, you get your seats at check in.

Yes, thank you. I went to the Qantas website, and read up on this and found this information. All is good, we are going to Australia!! (Should arrive 3 days pre-cruise anyways!!)

Thanks for sharing your story. What airline were you on?