Glory Cruise Review

Embarkation- Done check in at airport went smooth at port.

Services- Everyone very friendly and good job from housekeeping, Dining room staff to bar staff.

Food-Breakfast lido deck cant complain. Lunch Guy Burgers ok, buffet ok fish and chips ok. Dinner- service was good food was ok. don't really care for the new menu style.

Excursions thru carnival-one was not as advertised other to Tulum was nice. Victor Bodden independent tour very nice..

Entertainment- Comedy shows were a blast it got so crowded they moved last show to the main lounge...Diva show was nice.. All others carnival ok. Few things going on around ship ok..

Islands-Grand Cayman-Cozumel-Roatan-Belize don't sit on the boat get out and explore and see these places. A simple sight seeing excursion is worth it or explore and do something you cant do at home.

Debarkation-smooth

Any Question?

The second comedian, who was supposed to board in Belize, didn't make it onto the ship. The other comedian, who boarded in Cozumel, was forced to do the family friendly shows (and failed miserably because he couldn't use the "F" word, which is 70% of his act). They canceled a few of his family friendly shows and moved the last "Adult" show to the main theater because they knew they'd have an over-flow. He has no planned show. It's all ad-lib, and it didn't work with kids. His adult show was funny.

I was on this cruise, and as you say the comedian who ended up doing the hour long comedy show in the main theatre on the last night was very liberal with the swearing.

I'm not really a prude but I really didn't find his 'Ghetto humour' very funny. He started off by stating that he wasn't into politics because your political affiliation separates you from other humans, which I thought was a noble thing to say, then he went on to make jokes out of and belittle entire races of people (Especially Puerto Ricans/Hispanics)

A lot of people really enjoyed the show. I just....didn't.

I liked the comedian who was on earlier in the week, I do not remember his name. He was funny.

Edited by RubyGold

I'm tossing around doing these ports on this ship next July. Would you say that all ports needed an excursion booked in order to enjoy the ports? Or are there one or two that you get off the ship, have some things to see that you can walk to including some shopping? A port like San Juan comes to mind....we shopped and walked to one of the forts. Just wondering how much $ I would been looking at excursions. Thanks and glad you enjoyed your trip.

Roatan has a must excursion, Costa Maya. Done by phone or internet. Cost apprx $50-60 per person. They pick you up 2 blocks from pier and til they drop you off back at the pier, fantastic. I have written about this many times and even trip advisor has nothing but praise. Great food and drinks to suit everyone, even smoothies for the kids. Only negative is if you get the guy for a massage, doesn't understand anything but deep tissue massage. Belize, take plenty of OFF. We were bitten so badly, even with the OFF that we bled and itched for days.

Entertainment- Comedy shows were a blast it got so crowded they moved last show to the main lounge...

Glad to hear they are becoming more open to doing this to get more people in the comedy shows! Can't wait till next month on the Glory.