What clothes for a mid July British Isle cruise?

A bit of everything.

Weather can change during the day, it can start out fine but rain later - or vice versa.

As LHT's reply, rely on layers & a light waterproof jacket.

But it won't be cold. A little chilly if you're unlucky.

JB :)

But it won't be cold. A little chilly if you're unlucky.

Might be cold up here. Depends on your definition of cold. I live in Central Scotland and have needed fleece and padded rain jacket and hat in July before and there is a lot of Scotland between us and Shetland/Orkney.

My friend who lives in Winchester reckons it can be easily 10 deg cooler here than on the south coast in the summer.

However on a good day nothing beats it.;)

Might be cold up here. Depends on your definition of cold. I live in Central Scotland and have needed fleece and padded rain jacket and hat in July before and there is a lot of Scotland between us and Shetland/Orkney.

My friend who lives in Winchester reckons it can be easily 10 deg cooler here than on the south coast in the summer.

However on a good day nothing beats it.;)

Ooooops, sorry.

I've been very parochial, responding to questions about Southampton & London & such. ;)

Completely forgot about the part of Great Britain which is north of my patch. Which is pretty well all of it. :rolleyes:

But even in the north of Scotland there's no snow in July.

Usually :D

JB :)

Remember, much of Scotland is on the same latitude as Alaska. The Gulf Stream keeps the west coast of England, Wales & Scotland warmer, but it can still be rather chill in summer. And the North Sea is on the east coast -- we experienced a 20+ degree temp drop in just a few minutes in St. Andrews one afternoon.

Layers work well. Personally, I'd skip shorts & very "summery" clothes.

It's a fabulous cruise -- beautiful natural scenery & wonderful historical places/buildings.

Enjoy!

But even in the north of Scotland there's no snow in July.

Usually :D

Usually not, I'll give you that, however my friend was skiing in the Cairngorms on midsummers day a couple of years ago.

It was unusual enough to make the news.:D

We were there last year and the weather was excellent...very little rain, sunshine but temps were 60's to low 70's. We layered our clothing and had a light vest and rain jacket to ward off the often sharp breezes. No gloves or hats were necessary. We were able to wear crops and sturdy shoes with socks. We were prepared for worse and it did not happen.

I live in central Scotland, the past 2 days here, you could certainly wear a t-shirt for day with a light jacket or cardigan for evening, my red headed husband definitely caught the sun when out cycling yesterday! Today it is overcast, and cooler. Last summer we had lots of sunny days, but as they say here in Scotland, 4 seasons in one day are possible.

Layers, and rain jacket would see you alright.