Rome Cabs

SID1962

You can't go wrong with Rome cabs! The drivers are always nicely dressed and polite. Always early never late. The drive safely not like an insane cabbie I once had in Rome. Stefano will customize tours for you and if you book multiple days/tours /transfers he can bundle.

When I come to Italy each year it is not just using some touring company it is seeing family.

You can't go wrong with Rome Cabs!

• 1 month later...

We used Romecabs in Civitavecchia and the service was terrific!! The very professional driver was there waiting for us when we got off the ship (even though our departure from the ship was earlier than I had expected) along with his beautiful Mercedes limousine! The car was comfortable and clean, and he drove well and safely, delivering us right to our hotel in Rome. For the two of us, the fare was 130 euros, which was about the same price that Holland America would have charged us for a bus to the center of town, where we would have had to get a taxi to the hotel.

Romecabs charges a bit more for more passengers, but the limo was plenty big enough for four people (or more), and splitting that fare four ways would be an even better bargain.

We signed up for Romecabs ahead of time on their website, and I paid in advance using Paypal, so we wouldn't have to worry about paying that much in cash right off the ship. The confirmation letter from Romecabs provides a local phone number you can call in Civitavecchia if you need to. Everything was extremely easy and efficient.

The whole experience was a delightful pleasant surprise, and a nice beginning to our Italian sojourn.

You can't go wrong with Rome cabs! The drivers are always nicely dressed and polite. Always early never late. The drive safely not like an insane cabbie I once had in Rome. Stefano will customize tours for you and if you book multiple days/tours /transfers he can bundle.

When I come to Italy each year it is not just using some touring company it is seeing family.

You can't go wrong with Rome Cabs!

Have done so for the past 11 years, and can't wait to hook up with them in 2016! A group of 6 of us are on the Jewel of the Seas r/t Rome, and it's a pleasure to get Stefano's help coordinating all the transfers (airport to hotel, hotel to ship, ship to hotel, hotel to airport) plus all the cool tours we are taking! We picked a few repeats in Rome (Vatican and highlights) for the benefit of 3 of our friends who have never been and combined with Etruscan catacombs and some time in the Umbrian countryside - can't wait! Wouldn't dream of doing anything this complicated without RomeCabs!

Have done so for the past 11 years, and can't wait to hook up with them in 2016! A group of 6 of us are on the Jewel of the Seas r/t Rome, and it's a pleasure to get Stefano's help coordinating all the transfers (airport to hotel, hotel to ship, ship to hotel, hotel to airport) plus all the cool tours we are taking! We picked a few repeats in Rome (Vatican and highlights) for the benefit of 3 of our friends who have never been and combined with Etruscan catacombs and some time in the Umbrian countryside - can't wait! Wouldn't dream of doing anything this complicated without RomeCabs!

Oh boy I miss Stefano!!! Maybe next year. Fingers crossed

I did the lake bracciano Etruscans Ceri ceveteri tour from civiitavecchia with Stefano the great himself!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

This was our second time to visit Rome, but our first experience with RomeCabs. Our party of 4 used their services from the airport to our hotel, from the hotel to the port, and from the port to the airport. Each time the driver was on time and courteous, and the van was clean and comfortable. RomeCabs certainly took the stress out of getting to our destinations on time.

Thank you RomeCabs!!!

A bit disappointed - I am arranging four tours and transfers, for up to 17 passengers, for May of 2017. I contacted Stafano's Rome Cabs Tours due to the great reviews here (have used a highly rated competitor in the past) Stefano's could not quote me final prices. They did give me current pricing but stated that the new prices would not be set until January of 2017.

It is not that unusual to reserve tours less than a year out, and I've never before encountered a company that would not honor current pricing.

Just not willing to book with open-ended costs.

A bit disappointed - I am arranging four tours and transfers, for up to 17 passengers, for May of 2017.

IMHO Stefano needs to be competitive and will likely not increase his pricing if others do not. I would recommend booking your tours and transfers now...if 2017 pricing is not to your liking, you can cancel and book with another provider.

In 2014 I contacted RomeInLimo for a tour of Messina during our TA on the Emerald Princess in October 2015. I was told it was way too early to book and to contact them after January 1st. I thought I'd jump the gun a bit and contact them in early December only to be told their Messina tours were fully booked.

So book now if you can and evaluate if and when new pricing becomes available.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

I hope you got Stefano to do the Etruscan tour himself

He's an Etruscan buff and will show you a day you can't imagine

We did that tour with him in 2012

I encourage you to look up RomeCabs on trip advisor as well. In posts 38 and 39 of this thread I addressed my 4 experiences with RomeCabs in 2014. In short I had a minor comment about two of the drivers. He insisted he refund me the money I paid. IMHO he is a more than reputable businessman.

Edited by Tommy3putts

Also what makes you think you can't cancel if you don't like the 2017 prices?

Certainly I could cancel and HOPE that there might be another great provider who can accommodate our group on four tours and transfers. (Not likely in my experience.) These bookings total 46 individual fares.

My point is, their major competitor, with whom I have had great past experiences, is utilizing a better business strategy by encouraging me to book at this year's prices. Although those prices are a bit higher, why would I want to change to Stefano's? There is simply no incentive.

The point of my post is that I am disappointed because I really would have liked to give him a try.

I encourage you to look up RomeCabs on trip advisor as well. .

Tripadvisor is a great resource. This will be our third trip to Italy. We have used two other tour providers who had fantastic reviews on the site, as well as here on CC. I had hoped to give Stefano a try too. Never hurts to have an open mind and explore options.

Edited by sippican

I encourage you to look up RomeCabs on trip advisor as well. In posts 38 and 39 of this thread I addressed my 4 experiences with RomeCabs in 2014. In short I had a minor comment about two of the drivers. He insisted he refund me the money I paid. IMHO he is a more than reputable businessman.

Good to know.

Stefano has come forward to honor current pricing.

Nice gesture of good customer service and business sense,

We are looking forward to touring with him next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone happen to know, what is the difference between Stefano Rome Cabs and Stefano Rome Tours? Is Rome Cabs the primary company for transfers and 'do it yourself' tours that are coordinated by their people and is Stefano Rome Tours more of a set schedule type operation? Thanks in advance, gotcha3.

Does anyone happen to know, what is the difference between Stefano Rome Cabs and Stefano Rome Tours? Is Rome Cabs the primary company for transfers and 'do it yourself' tours that are coordinated by their people and is Stefano Rome Tours more of a set schedule type operation? Thanks in advance, gotcha3.

Same person. Same company

Stefano Rome tours is sort of a subsidiary and is his private tour arm

Stefano Rome cabs is more for the transfers

Same great guy same great service

I highly recommend trying to book a private tour with Stefano himself

We did a Rome tour in 2008

And and Etruscan lake bracciano ceri ceveteri tour in 2012

Both with Stefano the great himself.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Both companies are owned by Stefano Constantini, I have been a client of each for more than a decade.

Rome Cabs, http://www.romecabs.com/ is Stefano's original company. It is focused mainly on transfers such as from FCO (Rome Airport) to your Rome city hotel or to or from the port of Civitavecchia. Rome Cabs also does shore excursions throughout Italy and some tours.

Stefano Rome Tours , http://www.stefanorometours.com/ was a natural progression of the owner's passion for his profession. He wanted to create private tours that could be customized and were not the generic "cookie cutter" tours that you see on every website. I can tell you that after all these years Stefano still surprises me with hidden gems that most people never hear about. I have such fond memories of him taking my then 14 year old son into the Ferrari showroom nine years ago in Rome. This was right in the middle of our tour, he stopped the car and instantly became my son's hero. You can't learn or fake that kind of enthusiasm and drive to engage your clients, you are either born with it or you are not.

I can't recommend either company enough and am anxiously counting the days until I have my next Stefano Rome Tour - 30 days to be exact :)

We just used Rome Cabs on May 14 from our hotel in Rome to the port. Also picked up another couple from our Roll Call and they only charge an extra 10Euros to pick up at a second hotel. Driver was very courteous and drove us directly to the ship. Got to ship, dropped off our bags and checked in. He picked us up about half hour early so we had no trouble getting to ship on time. We booked back in Jan/Feb.

We would definitely use Rome Cabs again when we return to Rome some day.

Both companies are owned by Stefano Constantini, I have been a client of each for more than a decade.

Rome Cabs, http://www.romecabs.com/ is Stefano's original company. It is focused mainly on transfers such as from FCO (Rome Airport) to your Rome city hotel or to or from the port of Civitavecchia. Rome Cabs also does shore excursions throughout Italy and some tours.

Stefano Rome Tours , http://www.stefanorometours.com/ was a natural progression of the owner's passion for his profession. He wanted to create private tours that could be customized and were not the generic "cookie cutter" tours that you see on every website. I can tell you that after all these years Stefano still surprises me with hidden gems that most people never hear about. I have such fond memories of him taking my then 14 year old son into the Ferrari showroom nine years ago in Rome. This was right in the middle of our tour, he stopped the car and instantly became my son's hero. You can't learn or fake that kind of enthusiasm and drive to engage your clients, you are either born with it or you are not.

I can't recommend either company enough and am anxiously counting the days until I have my next Stefano Rome Tour - 30 days to be exact :)

Oh lucky you to be seeing Stefano again!!!

He did our Etruscan/lake bracciano/Ceri/ceveteri day tour in 2012.

He never ceases to amaze[emoji106]

We had a very good experience using Rome Cabs for the first time earlier this month for a transfer from the airport to Rome, from our Rome hotel to the port, and Stefano Rome Tours for a post cruise tour of Orvieto and Montepulciano with drop off at our airport hotel. I thought the process was seamless - his website is very informative, including videos and I emailed him with a few questions to which he promptly replied. I did not contact him to reconfirm before our arrival. Per a previous post, you pay the driver when services are rendered or you can use PayPal to pre-pay, which we did, and received pre-paid vochers to give to our drivers. Stefano is very good with providing information on how to contact him with any problems such as a flight delay. All of our drivers were prompt and courteous, and our wine tour was excellent. Stefano is very hands on with his business - he called our driver to make sure the pickup went fine and we were happy. I would definitely use him in the future and highly recommend his company.

We had a very good experience using Rome Cabs for the first time earlier this month for a transfer from the airport to Rome, from our Rome hotel to the port, and Stefano Rome Tours for a post cruise tour of Orvieto and Montepulciano with drop off at our airport hotel. I thought the process was seamless - his website is very informative, including videos and I emailed him with a few questions to which he promptly replied. I did not contact him to reconfirm before our arrival. Per a previous post, you pay the driver when services are rendered or you can use PayPal to pre-pay, which we did, and received pre-paid vochers to give to our drivers. Stefano is very good with providing information on how to contact him with any problems such as a flight delay. All of our drivers were prompt and courteous, and our wine tour was excellent. Stefano is very hands on with his business - he called our driver to make sure the pickup went fine and we were happy. I would definitely use him in the future and highly recommend his company.

Good to hear! I have already booked my transfers (airport->apartment and apartment->port) for next April and I'm using Rome Cabs. I thought the prices were far more reasonable than some others, and I plan to pre-pay...I want to take advantage of the exchange rate, and I also want to spread out costs for this trip!

Oh boy I miss Stefano!!! Maybe next year. Fingers crossed

I did the lake bracciano Etruscans Ceri ceveteri tour from civiitavecchia with Stefano the great himself!!!!

Well I am getting the pleasure of the big guy himself as well in a few weeks!

It is our 25th anniversary and he has something special planned for us. I don't know where I am going except that I have not done this tour before - no one has.

I am going to be the "inaugural" of his brand new tour, it is to be a spin off of one of his signature tours that he created based on his own interests but I don't know which one or where lol.

I keep going back to the website looking at tours trying to figure out what I will be doing. All he will let on is that it will be romantic and very special and a nice contrast from the rest of my trip.

I will be away until August as we are to Sicily and then Paris after my Globus tour but I will pop back in and le you know about my special day. The suspense is going to drive me crazy!

This was our second time to visit Rome, but our first experience with RomeCabs. Our party of 4 used their services from the airport to our hotel, from the hotel to the port, and from the port to the airport. Each time the driver was on time and courteous, and the van was clean and comfortable. RomeCabs certainly took the stress out of getting to our destinations on time.

Thank you RomeCabs!!!

Can you please tell me how much each transfer cost? We will need the same transfers for September, thanks.

Can you please tell me how much each transfer cost? We will need the same transfers for September, thanks.

The price depends on how many people here is a link to the website where you can check pricing. However I know that if you do tours as well you can sometimes get a bundled price for several shore excursions and round trip transfers you would have to email about that.

http://www.romecabs.com/ The email is info@romecabs.com

• 3 weeks later...
Well I am getting the pleasure of the big guy himself as well in a few weeks!

It is our 25th anniversary and he has something special planned for us. I don't know where I am going except that I have not done this tour before - no one has.

I am going to be the "inaugural" of his brand new tour, it is to be a spin off of one of his signature tours that he created based on his own interests but I don't know which one or where lol.

I keep going back to the website looking at tours trying to figure out what I will be doing. All he will let on is that it will be romantic and very special and a nice contrast from the rest of my trip.

I will be away until August as we are to Sicily and then Paris after my Globus tour but I will pop back in and le you know about my special day. The suspense is going to drive me crazy!

So, have you been able to figure out just what your surprise is??? Knowing Stefano, he is going to play it close to his chest ... he's a kid at heart and loves to surprise his clients/friends. I say friends, because that is what we become!!! Allow me to hijack your post to share with you our last trip to Rome and 3 days of memories made with Stefano. It's long, but I want to share how truly special he and his company is. So here goes.

One REMINDER .... it's RomeCabs with an "S" .... there are copycats who try to use his good name and then deliver an inferior product, if they even show up at all.

Where to start? This may get a little long, but bear with me. On our last trip to Rome, having our first cups of cappuccino/espresso at Tazza D’Oro a voice behind me said, “Ciao, buongiorno”! It was just before 8 a.m., our agreed time for pickup, that Stefano of RomeCabs.com/StefanoRomeTours.com greeted us. What a way to start the day. We have used his services before when in Rome and would not think of looking elsewhere. It’s nice to know you can rely on someone like him or anyone in his company to fulfill bookings and plans on time when so far from home.

We had been traveling throughout Italy for 15 days by train and a rental van. Stefano had cautioned us NOT to drive in Rome, which is good advice. I won’t complain again about our Florida drivers….well, until the next time I encounter one who drives like the average Roman…..WHERE they WANT! I might add here that our experience has been complete comfort and confidence in the driving skills of Stefano and his drivers. He has great standards! Stefano had one of his drivers pick us up at the Hilton Airport Hotel – Fiumicino Airport. We had driven in from Tuscany, arriving about 45 minutes ahead of schedule. There was smiling Sergio waiting for us with our name in the windshield of his van. He quickly led us to the Hertz parking garage where we were to turn in our van. We would NOT have found this on our own.

Sergio transferred all of our bags into his van and we were off to the Pantheon area where we had rented an apartment for 3 nights. We are a group of 5 ….. 2 couples from Florida (1-mid 50s the other 66/83) and an Aussie who joined us to celebrate his 50th birthday. Along the way, Sergio pointed out various points of interest and expertly made his way to the apartment where we quickly exited the van and grabbed our bags before we were stoned by the drivers being held up behind us. The alleys in Rome are very narrow….as they are in most ancient cities across Europe. But, hey, that’s why we love it!

Now back to Saturday and our “Day with Stefano” as we had been calling it for the two years of careful planning. Since this is a return trip to Rome for all of us, 2 times, 3 times and 4 times for the Aussie, we decided on a full day tour outside of Rome. Four years ago, Stefano had given our first timers (and all of us) a venue-packed day in his beautiful history rich city. We visited all of the places of major importance and he even threw in some surprises, places he loves to share that became huge highlights for us.

Before heading outside of the old Roman walls, we were allowed time to wander the Saturday, Campo De’ Fiori market that we had missed last time. This is not officially a part of this tour, but was our special request. Stefano will customize any of his tours to your wants and need. The baker in the group was like a kid in a candy store at the bakery. We ALL bought cookies and pastries….oops, crumbs in the van…sorry Stefano. You need a little dog to catch those crumbs .... a Chihuahua maybe ;)! The flowers, fruits and veggies, spices, olive oils were all amazing. The zucchini squash blossoms were also amazing. The one thing we missed on this trip was sampling the deep fried blossoms……a good reason to come back!

Now we were off to Ostia Antica, then lunch in Ceri before touring the Odescalchi Castle on the shores of Lake Bracciano. We arrived first at the very well preserved ruins of the ancient city of Ostia Antica. The restoration and preservation of the many floor mosaics are amazing. I have been to both Pompeii and Herculaneum in Naples was pleased to visit this location, as well. This differs in the sense that it was not destroyed by a natural disaster (volcano), but by abandonment and the ravages of time. Stefano is an enthusiastic fountain of knowledge of all things Roman … born and raised in the city. We saw shops, homes, apartments, business centers, barracks for firemen/police, Roman baths and yes, even communal latrines (I just don’t know if I could ‘go’ for those…..a girl likes her privacy!) and the theatre that is still used as a venue today. Stefano knew that one in our group was a baker by profession and made sure that he took him over to the bakery. I bet he could almost smell the ancient aromas. There is plenty of detailed information on the two websites about all of our days plans: RomeCabs.com/StefanoRomeTours.com We were told that their new websites had launched after we left home heading to Italy. I just saw them for the first time today……looking good! This venue is easily accessible on foot……any wheeled device might be problematic. There are some steps, but not necessary for full enjoyment. The area is mostly flat and if you stick to the sides, as we were guided (thank you, Stefano), it’s an easy tour and very rewarding.

A scenic drive to Ceri brought us to the top of a hill in a “one stop light town’’. The roadway into Ceri winds up on a very narrow road with sharp turns against the walls. Only one vehicle can pass at a time. Thus the one stop light that reverses the traffic pattern. We were in Stefano’s very comfy, large 9-10 passenger (I think….counting seats in my mind’s eye) van…..a VERY tight squeeze against the walls of this hill town. Folding of the side mirrors was very necessary. I’d say he has done this a time or two. I don’t want to identify the restaurant because I am not sure if some days there is a change and tours go elsewhere. However, I will say from this and past experience, Stefano only chooses the best places with great food, moderate prices and friendly people. He does not take you to “Cousin Luigi’s” roadside shack. The atmosphere and food is always top notch. Artichokes are in season…..oh, the ravioli!!! We ordered a sampler of 3 different pastas and some other dishes…..antipasti all around….YUM! A few secondi(s) were also ordered …….yummy lamb chops for ME! The panoramic view of the valley and rolling hills of this region from the trattoria was fabulous. We actually had Stefano and his videographer, Simone join us for lunch so that we could continuing chatting. He helped with the ordering. Two of us read Italian fairly well…at least menus but, his assistance helped make the process go easier for the staff.

After ordering and consuming way too much food….really good food from Mama in the kitchen, it was time to move on. But before we hopped in the van, Stefano wanted us to see the little church in town, Santuario Maddona di Ceri. It is said that those with afflictions who prayed to Mother Mary were shown mercy and healed. The walls of a small side chapel are covered with tributes and photos of many of those who have been healed.

Though we had 4 cameras taking our own shots, we used the services of the RomeCab’s videographer, Simone (a dear!!!) who produces the great tour videos on the website and thought it would be fun to have a video of US on our tour. It was a little hard to forget that we were being filmed, but I am sure there will be some clever editing. It was not intrusive, I was just chatty. The view from the top of the castle on film alone will be treasured.

Off we go to Lake Bracciano to the Odescalchi Castle. The one remaining member of the family still lives in part of the castle. As an anecdote, this castle was the site of the marriage of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes (NOT why we went). A legend is also associated with this castle……the wife had many affairs and when she was done with her man of the evening, she dropped him through a trap door. Hmmm…… I will say that it is a very interesting place to hold a wedding. The view from the top just takes ones breath away. It overlooks beautiful Lake Bracciano …. a popular place for Romans to come on the weekends to swim and relax without going to the crowded coastal beaches. There was no English speaking tour this day, but Stefano went along with us to translate what the docent was saying…..in his own colorful manor.

There is no elevator, of course, so climbing stairs is a must. It was not a fun climb for these aching bones, but when I saw that view, I decided that I could now die happy!!! Remember, we have been traipsing though Italy and our get up and go is GONE. I am really glad that we passed on the wine at lunch. We were already heading for a carb coma as it was. It’s really not that bad, but it you have mobility issues, you might want to skip a castle and choose something else. I believe that Stefano will tailor a tour just for you, within reason…..always something else to see nearby. I took a bad fall in the shower last fall that made some things difficult, but not impossible for me. If there is a will, most likely there is a way. My attitude is, if I go out, I go out doing something that I enjoy and that makes me happy……can’t ask for a better exit. However, I survived to tour again! Stefano was always there to lend a supporting hand or arm to a couple of us. A more considerate driver/guide could not be found!

Now it was time to end our full day tour and head back to Rome and its traffic. It had been a lovely day in the countryside. But, we were not done yet…..Stefano knew of our love of gelato, so he took us to one of his favorites. I have no clue where we were or the name of the place, but there were a lot of local neighborhood people sitting out front …. very tasty gelato.

We had one more day on our own before heading back home to Florida and the heat. Well, we were not quite alone …. Simone, wanted to join us and share some of her favorite places with us. It was a wonderful day of feeling like a Roman. After walking for MILES we decided to have dinner at La Capricciosa where Stefano had taken us for lunch 4 yrs. ago. We had been dreaming of their Carbonara ….. OMGosh, perfection! It was every bit as good as we remembered. After dinner it was back to the apartment to pack to be ready for our early RomeCabs transfer to the airport for our looooooong flight home.

Stefano himself showed up right on time at an ungodly 6:45 A.M. to load us up. How is that for luck? Twice now, he has surprised us with transfers to the port or airport. Not everyone can be so fortunate, he is a busy man. We were glad to have the opportunity to spend some more time with him and thank him for a wonderful day…..and more goodbye hugs. Even Simone rode along to see us safely on our way. We threw our coins in the Trevi fountain the day before, so if we are lucky enough to get back to Rome…….we know who to call, yet again!

If you want to spend a day in or out of Rome or any of the other cities that they service, you can rely on Rome Cabs to take good care of you in a friendly, informative, professional manner. There is no ‘canned script’, you will ride in comfort and safety and feel free to ask them to stop if something peaks your interest or you see a great photo op. And you will always know that you have friends in Rome. We have used the services of Rome Cabs on all of our trips to Rome …. We have had port transfers, an all day tour of all of the best sights in Rome, with a few of Stefano’s surprises thrown in the mix. We also availed ourselves of his services for the Vatican Museum … a real plus, we got to cut in line!

Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions…..I am more than happy to share my great experiences. I am looking forward to our next trip to Italy, since there are now great tours that he has created added to the menu!

And P.S. MYDREAMVACTION, I can't wait to hear about your surprise!!!