Rome Cabs

SID1962

Can't remember what we did to confirm, but I do think emailing them is the best. Just wanted you to know we just used them from the airport to the hotel and again from the hotel to the port and they were fabulous. Right on time both trips. I would use them again with no reservations.

I too confirmed by clicking on the link. I clicked on the link again on the day before the pickup. There was no reply but the driver arrived 30 minutes early and was waiting outside. This was a 3:45am pick up for 6 people hence my nervousness.

I would definitely use them again.

Can't remember what we did to confirm, but I do think emailing them is the best. Just wanted you to know we just used them from the airport to the hotel and again from the hotel to the port and they were fabulous. Right on time both trips. I would use them again with no reservations.

I clicked on the link also, but just to be sure I emailed Rome Cabs and received back a very pleasant confirmation several months ago. Just to bring my reservation to the front of their mind, yesterday evening I sent another email to re-confirm my reservation and received another very pleasant response confirming my reservation for this Tuesday. I sent the email at 5:30 pm central and received a response at 2:30 am central. Record time, I think.

James

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anyone worried about using RomeCabs, but your fears to rest. I have a reservation with them tomorrow 11/14, and this morning I received an email from them with new instructions about meeting our driver do to renovations being made at FCO. Just another example of their professionalism and customer service.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever personalized the standard Rome tour from port to Rome? We plan on using this company if they can change out some stops that we feel we can see on foot from our hotel for other less accessible stops. I will e-mail to ask them but I have seen on their web site that they will personalize a tour. Just wondering if others have done this and if the experience was as good or better than the "standard" tour.

Thank you.

Ours was a tour with a transfer, and we customized it when we booked. On the day of the service we made more changes at the suggestion of our driver because of traffic and weather. We were very pleased.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Has anyone ever personalized the standard Rome tour from port to Rome? We plan on using this company if they can change out some stops that we feel we can see on foot from our hotel for other less accessible stops. I will e-mail to ask them but I have seen on their web site that they will personalize a tour. Just wondering if others have done this and if the experience was as good or better than the "standard" tour.

Thank you.

There is no better company than Stefano’s Rome Cabs or Stefano’s Rome tours, ESPECIALLY if you want a customized tour. His team will create a personified tour just for you with your family’s interests in mind. One year they took us to the Ferrari showroom so my son could check out a car up close and personal. You won’t see that on any standard tour! Keep in mind that if you are asking the driver to go a further distance or a longer day there would be more costs but the only limitations would be your wish list and pocketbook. I can’t speak highly enough about the company!

RomeCabs is the best!!!! On November 14, 2017, we had a reservation for transportation from Rome to Civitavecchia to catch a cruise ship. We were supposed to arrive Rome at 12:20pm and the ship did not sail until 5:00pm. Plenty of time. Well, our plane was late arriving in Rome by about an hour. Then it took forever for the luggage to arrive, 30 minutes or so. I thought for sure our RomeCabs driver would be gone. However, we went to the meeting place and there he was, right in front with a sign with my name. I was very relieved. He takes us to the car, a 7 passenger Mercedes-Benz van (even though the reservation was for 2 people) and we started for the port. About 15 minutes on the highway to the port, there was an accident. The highway was closed in both directions and there were no exits. We were stuck! Our driver remained calm and reassured us that he would get us to the ship on time. He said if we were not moving at a time that guaranteed our arrival, he would call his boss and they would call the ship. We started moving at about 3:45pm. The driver flew to Civitavecchia. We were doing 145km all the way. We arrived at 4:30pm. He took us right to the ship, I mean, right to the ship. We dropped off our luggage and walked 10 yards to complete registration. That is service!!!!! If you ever need transportation in Italy, consult RomeCabs. You can't go wrong.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hi!

I just made a small change to one trip we are taking with Rome Cabs. I received an email within a few hours which included all the details and confirmation information.

It is weird how they confirm- I was a little leery, but the email I received today details all 3 tours we have hired them for.

Hi!

I just made a small change to one trip we are taking with Rome Cabs. I received an email within a few hours which included all the details and confirmation information.

It is weird how they confirm- I was a little leery, but the email I received today details all 3 tours we have hired them for.

Forgot, don’t worry. RomeCabs will do exactly what they say. I love the company and level of service they provide.

James

Hi!

What was odd about the confirmation that made you feel leery? I have used this company for more than a decade and have always found them to be top of the line. I think getting a confirmation within three hours from another country is fantastic service. I am still waiting over a week for a confirmation from another part of Europe. You have nothing to be concerned about with Stefano and his team, there is no finer company in Italy!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

We recently used Rome Cabs to get from Rome near the Trevi Fountain to Civitaveccia to board our Celebrity Reflection cruise.  Our experience with Rome Cabs was outstanding.  The communication with RomeCabs when booking our transportation as well as answering all my questions prior to me even leaving on vacation was prompt and informative.  

Our driver from Rome to Civitavecchia was wonderful.  He navigated the crowded, narrow streets of Rome near the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps like a magician.  He was very nice and informative.

The drive to the port was quick and safe.  The van was a perfect size and very clean.

Our transfer from Rome to the port was so easy.  I would not hesitate to recommend RomeCabs.

• Like 2

Used RomeCabs twice for our post cruise stay in Rome. Excellent service both times. First we used the Civitavecchia Port to our Rome Hotel Transfer. We scheduled an 8am pick up and when we got out early at 7:40am, our driver Andrea was there with our name to greet us. Clean, comfortable and safe vehicles. We had an easy commute on a Saturday morning to our Rome hotel, where he helped us get our luggage into the hotel
Second, was our Rome Hotel to FCO Rome airport transfer. Our driver, Andreas, not the same one, just similar name, was 15 minutes early, so we didn't have to fret. Again, he helped us get our luggage out of the hotel to the vehicle and safely delivered us to the airport. He spoke even more English, so he pointed out a view sites along the way. We had read many good reviews, so we felt confident booking them knowing they would be there for us. Much better than a random taxi. And the prices were very fair and you knew upfront what the total cost would be for our party of four.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We recently used Stepheno's Rome Cabs for our cruise transfer from our hotel in Rome to the port to our ship. Livio was our driver and he arrived 19 mins, early and helped us with our luggage. We picked up another couple, we meet on the rollcall for our ship. Livio was very pleasant and a very safe driver. I would highly recommend Rome's Cabs!!

Betsy

We recently used Rome Cabs (Stefano's) twice and the service was truly excellent both times.  On the way to Rome from FCO the driver went above and beyond pointing out sights along the way.  A few days later another of their drivers took us to the port.  Again he went above and beyond!  When he turned up a few minutes early to get us an employee of our B&B tried to turn him away saying that we were not staying there.  Lucky for us the driver wisely persisted.  Top notch service!

• 5 months later...

We have used Rome Cabs on five occasions for both airport and cruise port transfers. All collections were timely and the drivers friendly, helpful and informative. On our last trip we were overnighting at the airport Hilton and our Rome Cabs driver suggested that we take a cab into the village of Fiumicino for dinner.  This was excellent advice and we had a memorable seafood meal. However, the cab fare from the Hilton to Fiumicino (less than 10 minutes)was  Euro 20. By comparison the Euro 50 that Rome Cabs charges for a transfer from the airport to central Rome is pretty good value for money. We''ll definitely use Stefano's service on future visits to Rome and maybe try one of the countryside tours.

We are just back from our Rome to Venice voyage on Azamara. We used RomeCabs for our transfer from FCO to our lodging in Civitavecchia.  After a long overnight trek involving 3 airplanes, our driver, Savino, was a welcome sight. He met us exactly where the emails said he would be, and within a few minutes we were on our way. He drove very safely and before we knew it, we were pulling up to our destination. Highly recommend RomeCabs when visiting this beautiful country. 

• 2 weeks later...

We used RomeCabs on May 23 during an Oasis of the seas cruise.   Took the Country Side Splendor tour with Savino as our driver. Wonderful experience.  He picked us up on time at the port and drove through the country side to Bracciano to tour the castle.  Spent some time walking around the town and lake front and had a great coffee at a small local café which was terrific.  We then went to Ceri where Savino brought us to a nice mountain top restaurant named Sora Lella.  Good food and great views.  Not touristy and very quiet.  Afterwards we went to Cerveteri to visit the Etruscan Necropolis.  The complete tour was an all day event with lots of walking.  On our drive back, Savino showed us the different wine fields and gave a great narrative.  We arrived back at the port in plenty of time.

We also used RomeCabs 10 years ago for transfers and a tour of Rome.  Stefano was our driver and he did another excellent job.  We were glad they were still in business and getting good reviews.  From start to finish, this an excellent company to use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Haroldnca said:

We used RomeCabs last month and we couldn't have been happier.  The service was top notch!  Clean cars.  Very professional drivers.  We couldn't have been happier with the service and the value.  You will not be disappointed.

What was the service ?  a tour, a transfer .....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

We have utilized Stefano's RomeCabs over the years for transfers between Rome and FCO, and transfers between Cruise Port and FCO. The most recent provided service was April 2022 from the Civitavecchia Cruise Port to FCO.

They continue to deliver quality services. We highly recommend them! They are dependable and excel at keeping lines of communication open whenever there is an issue such as flight/customs delay.

• Like 1