Rome Cabs

SID1962

On 5/12/2022 at 9:36 AM, gandntravelers said:

We have utilized Stefano's RomeCabs over the years for transfers between Rome and FCO, and transfers between Cruise Port and FCO. The most recent provided service was April 2022 from the Civitavecchia Cruise Port to FCO.

They continue to deliver quality services. We highly recommend them! They are dependable and excel at keeping lines of communication open whenever there is an issue such as flight/customs delay.

Can I ask you what time you were picked up at the port to return to FCO? I’m hoping to catch the nonstop flight next year if it’s still the current schedule. I’m fine with doin self walk off when cleared to leave. Thank you. 

We recently had Rome Cabs take us from the Civitavecchia cruise port to the Rome airport and had a very good experience. We had booked him for 9:00 am but ended up being ready early as we carried our bags off by ourselves. One phone call to the main office and he appeared about 10 minutes later! Friendly older man who loves US basketball. I had hesitated to pay upfront when I booked since it was our first experience with them, but he had a "Square"-type card reader in the car so we were able to pay at the end of the ride which was around $130 for the two of us. I would recommend Rome Cabs.

I just booked Rome Cabs for our October TA. They have some discounts going on now and it was much cheaper than getting transfers from anywhere else. They got right back to me with a confirmation. Looking forward to doing business with Rome Cabs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Romecabs i a very dependable service, We used them last month from FCO to the hotel, to Civatecchia and back to Rome after the cruise. Also did a wonderful Night Tour with Michael. Wonderful Guide.

Last week we had Michele drive us from the airport to the hotel. Very professional and courteous. 

Savino drove us to the port including a sightseeing detour to Bracciano and Ceri.  He was excellent and took care of some unexpected glitches during the tour. 

We arrived in Rome 4 days before we sailed on Celebrity Beyond.  I had asked on the boards for recommendations for private transportation.

I can't remember who, but was recommended to use Rome Cabs.  They are definitely not cabs.  We used them from airport to Rome hotel (2 trips one for us and the other for my son and DIL).  The trip to the pier from our hotel and then from the pier to the airport.

Rome Cabs were outstanding.  The driver was early, had our name displayed, took care of our luggage.  The company was easy to reserve with.  All drivers professional.  Definitely recommend if you need transportation, you will not be sorry to use Rome Cabs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stefano, the owner, was our driver during our port stop at Civitavecchia (Millennium) when his operation was much smaller back in 2007.  Nice gentleman.  We will be using his company again for our hotel to pier transfer for our upcoming October TA (Constellation).  I am not sure that a return after 15 years makes us repeat customers!

• Like 1

We always use Stefano's Rome Cabs and have never been disappointed.  I always recommend their services on here and other sites.  So glad that you had such a great experience, choosing to share it on here!  We have them booked again in the Fall.

Edited by Lastdance

I've used Rome Cabs for about 10 years and as you say they are not Cabs.   I think I have always had a Black Mercedes and a professionally  dressed driver.     They have always arrived early and have always been both friendly and articulate.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've used Rome Cabs for about 10 years and as you say they are not Cabs.   I think I have always had a Black Mercedes and a professionally  dressed driver.     They have always arrived early and have always been both friendly and articulate.

That’s great to hear..I was about to book three transfers with them for our September Edge sailing…for two of the transfer legs it will just be my husband and I ..our suitcases are quite large and I’m not sure if it would be necessary to upgrade to the van. 

7 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

That’s great to hear..I was about to book three transfers with them for our September Edge sailing…for two of the transfer legs it will just be my husband and I ..our suitcases are quite large and I’m not sure if it would be necessary to upgrade to the van. 

When you ask for a quotation, be sure to accurately specify the number of bags to ensure that the correct size vehicle is sent. 

On 6/11/2022 at 9:06 AM, Susanb10567 said:

We have used Rome Cabs several times - they will work with you on the size of vehicle you need. My husband and I travel with a couple of large suitcases, a wheelchair and a 65lb service dog and they always accommodate us with the right vehicle. They are wonderful to work with.

I just contacted Rome cabs for our cruise next week June 27 and they are not available. I'm traveling with my mom and kids so wanted to simplify things by taking a transfer rather than the train. Rome cabs suggested Viator in their response email and it doesn't look like there is availability there either. What are other alternative transfers I can look into. Thanks! 

33 minutes ago, Tomato53 said:

T-Star18 - we had a very good experience with Joe Banana Limos.  We used them from Rome city to the port.  Very nice black Mercedes and professional driver. 

Thank you! I just checked their website and it seems that day isn't available as well. It must be a busy transfer day throughout the city that day. 

On 5/21/2022 at 10:12 AM, FLCruiser97 said:

I just booked Rome Cabs for our October TA. They have some discounts going on now and it was much cheaper than getting transfers from anywhere else. They got right back to me with a confirmation. Looking forward to doing business with Rome Cabs.

I'm also on a TA in October. Looking to book RomeCabs for transfer from FCO to hotel, and from hotel to port. I'm not seeing any discount being offered on the website. Can you point me to the right direction? Thanks in advance! 

18 hours ago, seapad said:

I'm also on a TA in October. Looking to book RomeCabs for transfer from FCO to hotel, and from hotel to port. I'm not seeing any discount being offered on the website. Can you point me to the right direction? Thanks in advance! 

It may not have been a discount. I just checked the website and the price from FCO to Rome hotel is 60 Euros and the price from Rome hotel to Port is 140 Euros. This is what we are paying so I guess it's not actually a discount.

• Like 1

We used Rome Cabs for our transfer from the Civitavecchia port to our hotel on June 13th and again on June 16th to go to the airport. The van was clean and comfortable, our driver was punctual, professional, and helpful, and we found the price to be reasonable for four of us and all of our cruise luggage. Michele drove us both days. I would recommend them and use them again if/when we return to Rome.

On 6/24/2022 at 7:18 PM, scrapcreator said:

We used Rome Cabs for our transfer from the Civitavecchia port to our hotel on June 13th and again on June 16th to go to the airport. The van was clean and comfortable, our driver was punctual, professional, and helpful, and we found the price to be reasonable for four of us and all of our cruise luggage. Michele drove us both days. I would recommend them and use them again if/when we return to Rome.

Thanks for the review. I have booked them for my transfers FCO-hotel and hotel-Port.

• Like 1

With the latest flight chaos that's going on, has anyone experienced if a plane is delayed by 5 or more hours, and a Rome Cab ride has been pre-booked.....would they automatically wait in the airport (or have who ever is the next driver standby for this long a wait? Given the chaotic situation, it's not likely that the traveler would know how long the delay might be, so it's up to the Rome Cab people to monitor the flight status. I just don't know in the case if a flight is delayed for 5 hours (which unfortunately is not too unusual these days), will they still have someone wait? 
If no driver shows up at the arrival hall, can the passenger just grab their own cab at the main entrance? Just making sure there is no penalty fee. 
Thanks for any insight.