First time departing out of Seattle; Any tips or input?

We are departing on a cruise out of Seatlle on Celebrity's Mercury in October. I was just curious if anyone could tell me about the port, the check-in process and what I can expect to find there.

We purchased round trip pier transfers from the airport - we arrive in Seattle at 10:30am. We have never departed on a cruise out of Seattle, so any input you might have would be mush appreciated.

Thanks.

Suzi

Mercury was sailing out of Pier 30 in June when we were there. SInce you are arriving day of sailing you won't have a lot of time but check-in should begin around noon (? - check your docs) which would give you some time to get off and head to Pike Place Market and pick up some flowers for your stateroom and just enjoy that area.. OR you could check your luggage and then head for the market and check in for the cruise later. Not sure what time Mercury sails but imagine you would need to be back onboard by 3-3:30? There are lots of neat food stalls in market so you could eat there and there is trolley along the waterfront for a quick overview.

Shuttle Express has good rates to the pier (guessing 24-25 for two people).. advantage being cab is on meter and if there is traffice mid-late morning that won't run it up -- hopefully having pier x-fers from Celebrity won't result in too long a wait at the airport for them to fill the bus they use!!

We had sunny day sailing from Seattle and view of harbor, city, etc. was lovely sailing out.. Too bad you don't have more time there!

Thanks for the Shuttle Express tip! That's a good value..I have made reservations for the transfer from the airport. Celebrity offers a Seattle Highlights tour with airport drop-off that we are considering for the last day. Our flight doesn't depart until 3pm, and it's $38pp...anyone have any comments or feedback on this tour?

Thanks!

Amy

The ship does leave out of Pier 66. I would check in first and it is a quick walk to waterfront. You can then make your way up to Pike Place Market. Be back no later than 3:15pm. If you lose track of time, you could always grab a cab back to the pier. Taxis are plentiful. Enjoy your short time in Seattle.

Thanks for the Shuttle Express tip! That's a good value..I have made reservations for the transfer from the airport. Celebrity offers a Seattle Highlights tour with airport drop-off that we are considering for the last day. Our flight doesn't depart until 3pm, and it's $38pp...anyone have any comments or feedback on this tour?

Thanks!

Amy

IMHO at that price it's a decent option bec. you won't have to worry about luggage --Celeb will handle that to airport on the tour bus probably.. and if it's one of those drizzly Seattle days (NOT~) you will have a comfy place to get an overview. Some of these last day tours are more expensive than that and considering it also gets you to airport, I'd go for it.

Archived