Airports to Bayonne, NJ

Bases5

I assume when you're asking about Bayonne, you're going to Cape Liberty cruise terminal.

From EWR , a taxi should be in the $50-$60 range.

From LGA or JFK, both of which are in NY City, it's important that you book a car service rather than trying to take a taxi. NY taxis are not required to take you to Cape Liberty and if you can get a taxi driver to agree to take you may be charged an outrageous fare as the fare is not regulated. I recommend you reserve with one of the large NY car services, either Dial 7 (http://www.dial7.com) or Carmel (http://www.carmellimo.com). Fare from JFK or LGA will likely be about $85 - $100 plus tolls and tip...probably about $125-$150 in total.

Edited by njhorseman

I assume when you're asking about Bayonne, you're going to Cape Liberty cruise terminal.

From LGA or JFK, both of which are in NY City, it's important that you book a car service rather than trying to take a taxi. NY taxis are not required to take you to Cape Liberty and if you can get a taxi driver to agree to take you may be charged an outrageous fare as the fare is not regulated. I recommend you reserve with one of the large NY car services, either Dial 7 (http://www.dial7.com) or Carmel (http://www.carmellimo.com). Fare from JFK or LGA will likely be about $85 - $100 plus tolls and tip...probably about $125-$150 in total.

Many thanks,

$50-$60 from EWR to Bayonne:eek: Are they taking you via downtown Newark? You can almost use a 5 iron and launch a golf ball from the runways to the cruise terminal. It really is that close. (I go to the IMTT terminal in Bayonne often and pass the cruise terminal every time)

$50-$60 from EWR to Bayonne:eek: Are they taking you via downtown Newark? You can almost use a 5 iron and launch a golf ball from the runways to the cruise terminal. It really is that close. (I go to the IMTT terminal in Bayonne often and pass the cruise terminal every time)

Taxi fares are very expensive in this area and passengers traveling to and from the cruise terminal are charged top dollar. They're a major source of income to the local drivers.

Edited by njhorseman

Taxi fares are very expensive in this area and passengers traveling to and from the cruise terminal are charged top dollar. They're a major source of income to the local drivers.

I suppose, not doubting it, just seams like a rip off with them being so close to each other.

I suppose, not doubting it, just seams like a rip off with them being so close to each other.

It's further than you think...about a 10 mile drive from Terminal C to the cruise terminal, and it takes a minimum of 20 minutes if there's no traffic.

You need a bit longer club than your 5 iron for that shot.

It's further than you think...about a 10 mile drive from Terminal C to the cruise terminal, and it takes a minimum of 20 minutes if there's no traffic.

You need a bit longer club than your 5 iron for that shot.

+1. Hyperbole and exaggeration are pretty common on the cruise air forum unfortunately.

+1. Hyperbole and exaggeration are pretty common on the cruise air forum unfortunately.

Actually it was an attempt at humor......people being wound way to tight with no sense of humor is pretty common on the cruise air form unfortunately as well.:rolleyes:

From EWR (Newark) it is close to the cruise terminal (at least visually) but the airport traffic and spaghetti like mess of roads means it is a slow trip unless it is slower!! I would investigate a cruise shuttle from the airport. If you come from another of the NY airports perhaps take the train to EWR (station is to the back of the airport terminal) and then shuttle over to ship. I have more than once taken the train from BWI to EWR for a cheaper international flight and consider BWI a great east coast hub because of it's large Southwest schedule. (yeah now only on sales but still can often make it work for me).

Last year decided to drive from home near BWI to EWR for flight to Hawaii. NEVER EVER AGAIN. NJ drivers around the airport are CRAZY! (a limo cut in front of us by bouncing over two sets of curbs and 3 lanes of traffic. Flight to catch:eek:)

From EWR (Newark) it is close to the cruise terminal (at least visually) but the airport traffic and spaghetti like mess of roads means it is a slow trip unless it is slower!! I would investigate a cruise shuttle from the airport. If you come from another of the NY airports perhaps take the train to EWR (station is to the back of the airport terminal) and then shuttle over to ship. I have more than once taken the train from BWI to EWR for a cheaper international flight and consider BWI a great east coast hub because of it's large Southwest schedule. (yeah now only on sales but still can often make it work for me).

Last year decided to drive from home near BWI to EWR for flight to Hawaii. NEVER EVER AGAIN. NJ drivers around the airport are CRAZY! (a limo cut in front of us by bouncing over two sets of curbs and 3 lanes of traffic. Flight to catch:eek:)

First, there is no easy way to get to the trains that service EWR from the other NY-area airports. It requires multiple modes/changes of transportation.

Second, the EWR train station will be closed for approximately 75 days starting May 1 because the AirTrain that runs to and from the airport will be shut down for repairs. Railroad passengers who need to get to the airport will have to take the train to Newark Penn station instead and then go downstairs to board a shuttle bus that will take them to the airport. This process will be inconvenient and time consuming at best.