Cork or screw on cap?

cruise_junki

Currently packing a bottle of Prosecco, champagne type cork, Avanti Chardonnay, Wither Hills sauv Blanc, both screw tops and lovely under 15 wines, now just need a screw top red and I will be packed for 2 cabins.

One of my favorite reds is a Layer Cake Malbec and it's a screw top. Usually around $18.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the OP is asking relative to the 'corking fee'... it doesn't matter which kind of bottle you bring into the MDR, you are charged for the 'service' of opening and pouring it. Even if you are perfectly capable of doing it yourself (although in the case of some champagne, better to let the professionals pull that cork and save an injury!)

A cruise ship couldn't possibly stock all the varieties that we enjoy at the whole range of price points, which is why they allow pax to carry on their own favorites. But, since they missed the sale, they are making up some of the profits lost by charging a corking fee. Kind of like restaurants at home charging a sharing fee for entrees.