December Allure Pricing is Ridiculous!!!

Wilda

Pricing for a Dec 14 western in a D1 cabin is $2,322 pp. A D2 is $1,729 pp. The December 7 eastern prices are the same. We travel this week or the previous week every year and typically pay between $900-1,100 pp!!!

The pricing has not adjusted since RCI inflated the cabin rates for the "Kid's Sail Free" promotion a few weeks back. There appears to be a substantial amount of inventory left. This isn't a deal breaker since we are already booked...I'm just curious if anyone else is noticing significantly higher prices?

I think they raise the prices out of nowhere sometimes to make you feel like you got a great deal when the price goes back to normal a week or two later.

I'm pretty sure that they would rather adjust prices in response to actual supply and demand, than to play games with the prices just to make some people (who likely are NOT continuing to check prices after they book) *think* they got a bargain.

I'm pretty sure that they would rather adjust prices in response to actual supply and demand, than to play games with the prices just to make some people (who likely are NOT continuing to check prices after they book) *think* they got a bargain.

Disagree. I think they play pricing games just like any retail business. This is not their sole means of marketing, but it is a part of their strategy, yes.

The D1 prices went up 3 times DURING the KSF sail by over $600 with the first increase coming 5 days into the sale. That's a pretty good indicator that there was demand generated by the sale. Then the April sale caused a $75 "price drop".

Why hasn't it gone down? Most likely because they are still selling the cabins frequently enough to keep the prices steady.

Wow! I just did a mock booking and the price for next June on Eastern for Oasis has increased more than $1,000 from last week!

Makes me wonder if they are capitalizing on all of the recent hype with Anthem and Quantum?

I've been cruising this class of ship in December for the past 4 years and have never seen pricing this high this far out.

Makes me wonder if they are capitalizing on all of the recent hype with Anthem and Quantum?

I've been cruising this class of ship in December for the past 4 years and have never seen pricing this high this far out.

Insanity at it's finest !! I myself think in some way we all are being asked to pay FOR the Anthem and Quantum ! Nope .. no can do. I 'was' excited when I heard the Liberty was coming to Jersey .. THEN I read the prices... nuff said . I truly 'thought' at first those fares were a mistake !!!

I looked at the prices for the Allure 2015 eastern Caribbean sailings and noticed a steep hike in prices over what I paid for my recent sailing. I called a vacation planner and inquired about a specific cabin and was told that the ship is practically sold out for March 2015 sailings. Really? :rolleyes: I guess that explains the steep pricing -- as the OP stated there is a demand.

Oasis pricing is crazy as well. June 2014 boardwalk cabin for two $2717.62 and June 2015 boardwalk cabin for two $3096.84. I'm looking to book June 2015 and I thought the price seemed a little high so I checked June 2014 and was shocked when the 2015 price was more. SMH:confused:

Always keep an eye out for residency deals and the like though. I snagged an excellent deal on Friday for a May '15 Oasis cruise that is otherwise priced very aggressively (read: expensive).

OP, I agree with you that that is surprisingly high. Have you Googled the sailing to make sure there aren't any large groups sailing that week that have decimated the supply? (Probably not, but worth checking). Seems that prices went up in general this morning.

Edited by Dave85

We were on the Allure last Dec. 1st before going on the Azamara Quest on Dec. 8. The Allure price for a B1 balcony was great so I told my TA if she sees a good price again go ahead and grab the same cabin # for Dec. 14 this year. She booked us on the 12/14/14 Allure B1 for $760 pp plus tax, $1748 total for 2.

We also decided on the Oasis for Dec. 6 and she booked our B1 balcony for $602 pp plus tax, $1432 total for 2. I figured since we're down there why not do 2 cruises.

My recommendation with the Allure and Oasis is just to wait and upgrade at the last minute, if you are willing to risk it of course. I know what you are talking about of course; I tend to sail over Christmas or New Years and the balcony prices for those sailings are nuts. I got decent deals on my inside cabins (current booked for NY this year and next year), but the balconies were nuts. Even my spring break and peak summer balconies don't cost near that much.

I upgraded to a JR suite on the Allure the first week of this month with 4 days to sail. Yes it was still pricey, but it did drop another $300 off the previous low for that cabin (a price in which it had been sitting on and off for 4+ months).

Mind you, if you wait you may only get a decent deal on a guarantee, or a cabin that you wouldn't have picked yourself (location, etc).

If you decide to do that I recommend using a price tracking site so you knew as soon as possible when cabins come available (very common in the weeks leading up to debark) and/or drop in price. Checking twice a day isn't enough to catch some of the deals that I saw, because as soon as inventory dropped the prices went up automatically (yes, regardless of how long ago the price dropped in the first place).

Pricing for a Dec 14 western in a D1 cabin is $2,322 pp. A D2 is $1,729 pp. The December 7 eastern prices are the same. We travel this week or the previous week every year and typically pay between $900-1,100 pp!!!

The pricing has not adjusted since RCI inflated the cabin rates for the "Kid's Sail Free" promotion a few weeks back. There appears to be a substantial amount of inventory left. This isn't a deal breaker since we are already booked...I'm just curious if anyone else is noticing significantly higher prices?

The D8 is only $1299. It looks like this really is just supply and demand. most of the D1 must already be sold with just a handful left.

Honestly, for me, I dont think the location of a D1 is worth spending all the extra money.

$1299 for a balcony seems much more reasonable not not crazy expensive for that ship

Honestly, for me, I dont think the location of a D1 is worth spending all the extra money.

$1299 for a balcony seems much more reasonable not not crazy expensive for that ship

I agree, and that's a pretty standard / reasonable rate for a balcony on Oasis/Allure. Unless you're someone who plans on spending most of the day on your balcony (which some people do including my own parents), I couldn't see justifying the price difference for a D1. Standard balconies on the Oasis Class are very spacious to begin with!

The D8 is only $1299. It looks like this really is just supply and demand. most of the D1 must already be sold with just a handful left.

If it really was a simple case of supply and demand the prices should steadily increase between opening day and as final payment approaches. Those last few cabins would be the priciest.

But that isn't what happens.

End of Feb right before kids sail free we got $1100 pp for dec. 7 Allure in a D5 sailing with $300 obc! And that included the gratuities. Remember checking a week later and was about $500 more pp.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Disagree. I think they play pricing games just like any retail business. This is not their sole means of marketing, but it is a part of their strategy, yes.

Prices change all the time. What I'm saying is that it's more about getting the most new booking dollars from new customers TODAY, not trying to make people who booked YESTERDAY feel good about the rate they got. :rolleyes:

Prices change all the time. What I'm saying is that it's more about getting the most new booking dollars from new customers TODAY, not trying to make people who booked YESTERDAY feel good about the rate they got. :rolleyes:

I didn't mean that. I meant that they raise the prices for awhile so people get scared into thinking they missed an opportunity and then when the price drops any amount, people will jump on it. Just like they do with airfares.

I didn't think they would do it to make people who already booked feel better. That's idiotic.

oh yeah :rolleyes:

Edited by marci22