Food to go?

Jenhem31

Can I take any leftovers from the MDR back to my room? Or order a cheese plate or desserts to take back and eat later? First time cruiser.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sure. They'll even give you a cover for your plate.

Room service chocolate chip cookies and chocolate cake are yum-E! Google carnival room service menu to view what toy can order. I don't know if you can get to go stuff at MDR. I don't think they are equipped for that. You can also cruise the buffet in the afternoon and store stuff in your fridge. Pack baggies before you leave home.

Can I take any leftovers from the MDR back to my room? Or order a cheese plate or desserts to take back and eat later? First time cruiser.

You will not need to take anything from the dining room back to your cabin to eat.You can order room service 24 hours and plenty of other venues to get food.No one starves on a cruise that's for sure :)

I have been cruising a long time and have never witnessed anyone taking food out of the MDR ,I know people say they do it on here but I would never do it myself. It seems like too much work when if I get hungry I can grab pizza or some ice cream or a sandwich from the deli or room service

You can bring the cheese plate out of the MDR. It depends on the Maître D.

Last year we cruised on the Inspiration two weeks apart. First week I was able to take 'home' the cheese plate. Next cruise, new MD, couldn't take the cheese plate.

On a related subject, our first cruise we ate at David's on the Pride and took our leftover cheesecake with us because the portions were HUGE. The second cruise we again ate at David's and this time they would NOT let us take our leftover cheesecake. I was quite annoyed to say the least.

We ate at the Steakhouse on the Legend a couple of weeks ago and they actually suggested we take the cheesecake to go. They brought one of those room service plate covers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't see why not. Especially if it is something like an appetizer that you enjoyed and know that you would like to have another serving later that night. Room Service is nice but it is limited and they might not have what you are graving from the dining room.

Room service chocolate chip cookies and chocolate cake are yum-E! Google carnival room service menu to view what toy can order. I don't know if you can get to go stuff at MDR. I don't think they are equipped for that. You can also cruise the buffet in the afternoon and store stuff in your fridge. Pack baggies before you leave home.

I always pack the baggies just in case and let me tell you they always come in handy. Now I will dream about chocolate chip cookies.

Once cruised while prego. Was feeling a little seasick, so skipped out on dinner half way through. DH stayed as we were dining with my sister and her husband. Waiter felt bad for me and insisted that hubs bring me some pie and ice cream when they were all done with dinner! :D

As others have said, it probably depends on the wait staff, etc....but it is worth asking...

I have done in in the past. I used to bring my sister breakfast in the morning since was always up later than me & would sleep in. I would go eat my breakfast on the deck and I knew she wanted to wake up at 9am. I would always bring her something to the cabin. Her friends would always say,"Nice sister!"

I have done in in the past. I used to bring my sister breakfast in the morning since was always up later than me & would sleep in. I would go eat my breakfast on the deck and I knew she wanted to wake up at 9am. I would always bring her something to the cabin. Her friends would always say,"Nice sister!"

Lido deck is different than MDR breakfast.

BTW Some cabins don't have refrigerators.

62A3E603-7A66-4F5C-9E63-9AEB6207FF5F_zpsn4khds3g.jpg

You will not need to take anything from the dining room back to your cabin to eat.You can order room service 24 hours and plenty of other venues to get food.No one starves on a cruise that's for sure :)

As CD Jen told everybody during the Welcome Aboard show last August, "You are coming on as passengers. You will be leaving as cargo." :D

Lido deck is different than MDR breakfast.

BTW Some cabins don't have refrigerators.

62A3E603-7A66-4F5C-9E63-9AEB6207FF5F_zpsn4khds3g.jpg

I did not see refrigerator in the oceanview cabin description for the Imagination but didn't think anything of it until reading your post. I guess we will be requesting ice alot to keep the wine chilled.

We are in a grand suite on the Paradise. It better well have a fridge! :)

Years back I went on a "Girls Cruise" in a suite on the Paradise but I can't remember about the fridge but I do remember there was no hairdryer. One of my girlfriends called and one was brought to us. For me someplace to cool wine is more important than a hair dryer...yikes being a Grandma sure changed my priorities:D

On a cruise on Pride, one night I was not feeling well so decided to skip out on dinner. My partner went to the dining room and was able to get dinner to go, and brought it back to the cabin.

Leftovers... probably not. But, anything you like "fresh" of course. I went to the dining room one evening and was not hungry at all. My waiter had everything wrapped and sent to my room for later. they will go over anf beyond for you...just ask.