Confused about early saver

JABrown104

With ES, you can get price drops for any rate you qualify for up to 2 business days before sailing.

I've read here that people get upgrades, but I have no experience with that.

There is a from to fill out. I don't remember where it is but someone will know. Or just call Carnival and ask them. We've gotten both upgrades and OBC. You just have to check frequently to see what the rate is and you can potentially move up as well so be looking at similar cabins too. In addition, Carnival is always happy to upsell you so you might be booked on deck 6 and move to Lido... for a small fee by applying your price drop to the cost of the new cabin. There are a lot of different ways of doing this. Good luck!!!

With ES, you can get price drops for any rate you qualify for up to 2 business days before sailing.

I've read here that people get upgrades, but I have no experience with that.

When filling out the ES form online, you have the option of requesting an upgrade or receiving OBC. It's your choice.

The form has changed slightly, but here is the shortcut to it.

http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/price-protection-claim.aspx

Note: Only use this form if you booked directly with Carnival. Anyone who booked through a TA must use the TA and pay any possible charges the TA requires.

Edited by Out to sea!

I have a PVP from Carnival. There was just a price drop for a cruise I am taking in 2 weeks and I called my PVP and she completed the change and posted the OBC while we were on the thelphone. Did not have to fill out any forms and ended up with $110.00 per person (2) as an OBC.

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

Not meaning to completely hijack the thread, but how far out is the early saver valid? In other words, I'm taking my first cruise at the end of June on a different line, but a lot of my friends are planning a Carnival cruise in January. I want to wait to see if I enjoy cruising before I commit, but the Early Saver price is pretty darn good (IMO) right now. I'd hate to book it and reserve for $250 deposit then decide I'm not a cruiser and lose my deposit. Will the ES still be in effect on July 1 for Jan 4 cruise?:confused:

I have a PVP from Carnival. There was just a price drop for a cruise I am taking in 2 weeks and I called my PVP and she completed the change and posted the OBC while we were on the thelphone. Did not have to fill out any forms and ended up with $110.00 per person (2) as an OBC.

I guess some PVPs do things differently. The first time I ever tried to get a price drop i called my PVP. She told me where to find the form and how to fill it out which i have always done and never had it declined. If your PVP does it for you that's great but there is nothing wrong with people filling out their own form.

Not meaning to completely hijack the thread, but how far out is the early saver valid? In other words, I'm taking my first cruise at the end of June on a different line, but a lot of my friends are planning a Carnival cruise in January. I want to wait to see if I enjoy cruising before I commit, but the Early Saver price is pretty darn good (IMO) right now. I'd hate to book it and reserve for $250 deposit then decide I'm not a cruiser and lose my deposit. Will the ES still be in effect on July 1 for Jan 4 cruise?:confused:

As the other poster stated, ES is normally available 5 months out on a 7 night cruise. Also, you do not lose the entire deposit. You will lose $50 for a cancellation fee (if cancelled before final payment date) and the other $200 will be held by Carnival to use for a new booking within the next 2 years.

We just booked last week, and according to Carnival 's price guarantee we only had 48 hours from the time we booked to find a lower price. Does that mean we are not eligible for any future price matches/onboard credits?

Edited by timmy1958

We just booked last week, and according to Carnival 's price guarantee we only had 48 hours from the time we booked to find a lower price. Does that mean we are not eligible for any future price matches/onboard credits?

Which fare code did you book?

That's (price guarantee) a different animal so to speak and has nothing to do with price drops. As the above poster stated it does matter which promo code you are booked under.

There's one other condition to getting the price drop (OBC or Upgrade) when you've booked Early Saver. ...and that is, the lower price has to be for a room in which the passenger actually chooses their stateroom. If Carnival chooses the stateroom, you may not be eligible for the price drop.

Case in point, I'm booked on the Fascination (Early Saver booking) for 5/10/14. Currently, Carnival is running the "123 Days of Summer" program for this sailing in which the customer can either choose their room or allow Carnival to choose the room.

If the customer chooses the room, the rate is the same as mine, if the customer chooses to let Carnival choose the room, the rate is $100/person cheaper than my rate.

In this instance, Carnival has denied my application for a rate drop due to the fact that I chose my room and the new customer is not choosing the room.

It's actually written in the fine print of the Early Saver program...I just didn't see it when I booked...unfortunately.

While Carnival did appear to follow their written policy, it still leaves a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth as it appears (in my biased opinion, of course) that they basically used a technicality to skirt around rebating a portion of my fare to me.

Garnett

I was told by my PVP if final payment has not yet been made, he could submit the price drop, but after final payment, I had to fill out the price drop form and submit it myself. Also, the price drop has to be for the same room category you are in or if a higher room category drops less than what your price is, you can file for the reduced rate.

That's (price guarantee) a different animal so to speak and has nothing to do with price drops. As the above poster stated it does matter which promo code you are booked under.

We booked on an Early Saver, so I will have to keep my eyes open. Thanks for the tips!

There's one other condition to getting the price drop (OBC or Upgrade) when you've booked Early Saver. ...and that is, the lower price has to be for a room in which the passenger actually chooses their stateroom. If Carnival chooses the stateroom, you may not be eligible for the price drop.

Case in point, I'm booked on the Fascination (Early Saver booking) for 5/10/14. Currently, Carnival is running the "123 Days of Summer" program for this sailing in which the customer can either choose their room or allow Carnival to choose the room.

If the customer chooses the room, the rate is the same as mine, if the customer chooses to let Carnival choose the room, the rate is $100/person cheaper than my rate.

In this instance, Carnival has denied my application for a rate drop due to the fact that I chose my room and the new customer is not choosing the room.

It's actually written in the fine print of the Early Saver program...I just didn't see it when I booked...unfortunately.

While Carnival did appear to follow their written policy, it still leaves a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth as it appears (in my biased opinion, of course) that they basically used a technicality to skirt around rebating a portion of my fare to me.

Garnett

If you booked a GTY instead of an actual cabin, since your cabin has not been assigned yet, there is nothing to apply for a rate drop against since you don't have an actual category assigned. ES price drops are compared to the exact same category and if you booked Inside GTY, until they assign your cabin, you (nor they) know whether you will be assigned a 4A or a 4J (or possibly even higher) so there is nothing to match against.

Once you cabin is assigned, you can then price drop against that cabin category (if any are available). This is why it's hard to price drop against PTs because there are so few of them. In business, I would think anyone know "technicalities" is the law of the land. But if you have not made final payment yet, you could always cancel your booking, pay the $50 fee, and then apply the rest of your deposit to a new booking thereby saving $50 a person (since you stated it is now $100/person cheaper). might not save as much but you would still save some.

Edited by Out to sea!

I am booked Early Saver on the Dream May 4, 2014(yah Me!) I am in a cat.7c cove balcony. I have seen other, higher cat. balconies with rates lower than mine, but was told that since cove balconies are sold out I cannot receive OBC, I could take an upgrade and receive the difference in what I paid and the rate for the higher cat. in OBC, but I will not give up my Cove.

I am booked Early Saver on the Dream May 4, 2014(yah Me!) I am in a cat.7c cove balcony. I have seen other, higher cat. balconies with rates lower than mine, but was told that since cove balconies are sold out I cannot receive OBC, I could take an upgrade and receive the difference in what I paid and the rate for the higher cat. in OBC, but I will not give up my Cove.

I agree!!! I dont think a regular balcony (at a lower price) is an upgrade!