Celebrity Cruises Unveils Modern Luxury Firsts Onboard Celebrity Equinox

Celebrity Cruises

If you order ossobuco : the center is bone marrow' date=' and for a lot of people the most exquisite part of the dish. It's usually eaten on a piece of bread.[/quote']

I had a colleague I worked with who was very particular (i.e finicky and hates 'gross' things...) about food. One night he ordered osso bucco saying he loved it. I asked if he realized what it was - he handn't a clue. I told him....he was distraught, but realized he can eat unusual foods and enjoy them.

How he didn't realize what it was when spooning it from a bone is beyond me...maybe he thought is was just a fancy way to present it.. LOL

I had a colleague I worked with who was very particular (i.e finicky and hates 'gross' things...) about food. One night he ordered osso bucco saying he loved it. I asked if he realized what it was - he handn't a clue. I told him....he was distraught, but realized he can eat unusual foods and enjoy them.

How he didn't realize what it was when spooning it from a bone is beyond me...maybe he thought is was just a fancy way to present it.. LOL

:D:p:D

I still wish someone would be kind and post us a couple of pictures of the new digs!

I will be on the Equinox in a couple of days and look forward to the new digs. I will try to take a break from enjoying them long enough to photograph them!

If you order ossobuco : the center is bone marrow' date=' and for a lot of people the most exquisite part of the dish. It's usually eaten on a piece of bread.[/quote']

Yes, I know ; but no, I do not order it.......but seems it is popular on this thread...I see one or two items we might try just to say been there, done that.

Although it won't be our fav place on board, it is nice that they are trying to make better use of the space so I hope it works out! It was a shame to see the space underutilized.

Edited by hcat

Although it won't be our fav place on board, it is nice that they are trying to make better use of the space so I hope it works out! It was a shame to see the space underutilized.

I totally agree. I feel the same about Quasar and Bistro on Five, but that's my personal opinion.

A couple of pics of Gastrobar and one of my daughter and I participating in the Grand Opening of Slush on 5/8/14.

Pat

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Thanks!

Maybe it's just the pictures but the Gastrobar looks pretty much the same as CellarMasters.

When I saw those construction pictures I expected a whole new look.

Oh well.....

The Gastropub or whatever it's going to be called

IMG_2386_zps5cd7b6e8.jpg

IMG_2387_zps82cd1592.jpg

IMG_2388_zpse4b6d72d.jpg

cdf0f612-dc3b-4b18-a62f-43fe8019c440_zps94751503.jpg

These are new signs being made up.

I think those construction pics were for the ilounge.

I'm excited to see it in less than 40 days!

These are the construction pictures of the Gastrobar.

Considering they stripped it down to the drywall it's kind of disappointing that they finished it so similar to the original look. :(

Considering they stripped it down to the drywall it's kind of disappointing that they finished it so similar to the original look. :(

The 2 pics do look just about the same, except for the TV at the end.

Edited by wallie5446

I agree. Looked at the finished product posted on the other thread - even though the photos were very small.

To Chazteach1 - those construction photos were definitely the Gastrobar. You can tell by the "arched" walls.

That's funny.....wonder what they say about kvetch and kvell?

Actually, after all this mishegas, this kibitzing was making me plotz … taka … and … actually … I miss it … what happened … in fact, as I think about it … it's getting me a bit ferclempt … sorry … give me a moment … no, I can't go on right now …

I'll give you a topic: The Gastropub is neither gastro nor a pub. Discuss.

- Joel

Actually, after all this mishegas, this kibitzing was making me plotz … taka … and … actually … I miss it … what happened … in fact, as I think about it … it's getting me a bit ferclempt … sorry … give me a moment … no, I can't go on right now …

I'll give you a topic: The Gastropub is neither gastro nor a pub. Discuss.

- Joel

LOL Joel, now thank you for making me laugh out loud:D:):D

Too, too funny LOL

I like the look of the Gastrobar. I like the different types of chairs and spaces to sit. Has a nice pub feel to it. Seems like a nice compliment to the other bars on the ship.

Edited by Phamer55

Hello there,

As of now, we're planning on the Gastrobar being open from 11:30am - Midnight. Please note that this may change. Thanks!

Do you plan to have this open on embarkation days?

- Joel