First time RCI on Enchantment - Security Questions

Perhaps I am just worrying too much, but I will be leaving on my very first cruise here shortly, and I can't stop thinking about my "stuff" and what to do with it while at port.

Will be at Coco Cay and Nassau. I doubt I'll be on the beach at all in Nassau, but I'm assuming a cross body bag is safe enough when walking around?

What are some tips for your things while on Coco Cay? Do you just put your cash and sea pass in the bottom of your beach bag and hope for the best? Do you carry it around with you? Do you buy one of those expensive locking anti-theft purses and tie it to a palm tree? Haha - I just want to make sure I bring the right things in my suitcase to ensure my things are as secure as possible!

First, Coco Cay is an extension of the ship. Aside from the "straw market", everything you buy will be on your seapass, just like on the ship. There is no need to bring cash or credit cards ashore.

If you go in the water, you can easily keep an eye on your stuff.....just don't bring expensive electronics ashore! No one wants your shorts or flipflops!

You don't need to lock your belongings to your body!!! Just be aware of your surroundings like you would at a local mall or city at home!

Use your cabin's safe to store things you don't need. If what you want "secure" doesn't fit in the safe, lock it in your empty suitcase...no one is going to steal that!

Aww, understood. :)

The cross body bag would be fine for walking in port - do you already have one? It's not something I would run out and purchase. We have been there several times and have always felt safe. Stay in the main areas and you'll be fine.

For Coco Cay, this is a beautiful beach day. I would feel safe leaving my things on the beach - there are hundreds of other passengers around. Having said that, anything can happen anywhere, so just use caution but don't obsess over it.

Have a wonderful cruise. :)

Thank you for the replies! I already own a small cheapy cross body purse, and with the $$$ we've already put out, I'm hesitant to buy something I won't really need. You two have helped put my mind at ease. :)

Just have those first cruise jitters - I can't wait!

Aww, understood. :)

For Coco Cay, this is a beautiful beach day. I would feel safe leaving my things on the beach - there are hundreds of other passengers around. Having said that, anything can happen anywhere, so just use caution but don't obsess over it.

Have a wonderful cruise. :)

Agree, we shouldn't forget a cruise ship is a microcosm of society - most good, but a few bad…We all would like to think our fellow cruisers are just as honest as you are, but that is not the case.

Quick story: Sailaway on NOS. On top deck…music playing everyone happy, great sail away party until, I put my camera down on the deck chair to pick my 2yr old up so he could see t. Maybe 20 secs the camera was on the chair. I put my son down and go to grab my camera and it's not there…someone picked it up literally from right under me. Upset for sure and disappointed that someone on a cruise would do that BUT as I said a cruise is a microcosm of society. In the end bought a new camera, filed a report and got on with my vacation (which despite the loss of the camera) thoroughly enjoyed!.

Lesson is no need to stress over it, BUT just use common sense like you would do anywhere.

What are some tips for your things while on Coco Cay? Do you just put your cash and sea pass in the bottom of your beach bag and hope for the best? Do you carry it around with you? Do you buy one of those expensive locking anti-theft purses and tie it to a palm tree?

I have a Witz brand thing called a "see it safe" or something like that. Got it at REI. I kept our seapasses in there. It's basically waterproof and is on a simple lanyard. The only other things I brought on the island were sunscreen and a Kindle, and DH carried those in his bag. We knew that my plans were to sit on a lounge chair in the sun, and that we would not be all in the water at the same time, so there would always be someone there to watch our stuff.

Nassau...I would bring what is necessary and leave behind what isn't. I had no interest in having a big purse with me on Nassau.

Perhaps I am just worrying too much, but I will be leaving on my very first cruise here shortly, and I can't stop thinking about my "stuff" and what to do with it while at port.

Will be at Coco Cay and Nassau. I doubt I'll be on the beach at all in Nassau, but I'm assuming a cross body bag is safe enough when walking around?

What are some tips for your things while on Coco Cay? Do you just put your cash and sea pass in the bottom of your beach bag and hope for the best? Do you carry it around with you? Do you buy one of those expensive locking anti-theft purses and tie it to a palm tree? Haha - I just want to make sure I bring the right things in my suitcase to ensure my things are as secure as possible!

I use a small waterproof water wallet for some cash and SeaPass cards. Fits into a pocket on swimming trunks.