Anyone know about Cincinnati?

JEM4205

We are eagerly awaiting our second cruise on the American Queen. This one will be a short one as the wife’s work schedule prevents a longer voyage.

We are booked on the 5 day round trip Cincinnati on the 20th of June.

My question is with an 8:00am scheduled disembarkation will there be transportation to the airport available? We have a 12:22pm flight to catch and I do not think that would allow us enough time to take the post cruise Cincinnati tour and make our departure time. Thanks for any guidance offered.

You have plenty of time to get to the airport that morning. It's about a 20 minute drive from the Public Landing to CVG and you will be going against the traffic coming into downtown for the work day. The taxi fare will be around $30.00.

I would check with the boat as to when the bus tour of Cincinnati would drop you off at the airport. For a 12:22 flight an hour in advance would be fine under normal conditions.

We were off the boat by 8am & at the airport by 8:30 am

There were taxis waiting

I do not think they would allow you on the tour if you have that early of a flight

If you are arriving in Cincinnati there is usually pre cruise tour I would look at doing that one

Edited by LHT28

If the precruise hotel is the splendid art deco Netherland Hilton at Fountain Square in Cincinnati, it's an easy and safe stroll down to the riverfront and across the John A. Roebling Suspension Bridge to the nineteenth century Licking-Riverside District in Covington. Another option is taking the $1.00 Southbank Shuttle across the river. There is beautiful architecture in Covington and some very nice restaurants too.

Thank you for the info, I knew that I would get an answer by posting this question here on cruise critic. You guys are the best!

Calliope, sorry I will be sailing a on the cruise before yours, I would like to meet you and discuss your adventures.

What type of weather would one expect on the Ohio in June?

Your guess is as good as mine about the weather during June in the Middle Ohio River Valley. If you prepare for hot and humid though you won't be too far off.