Can I upgrade?

We are sailing June 8th on Allure of the seas. When I booked I used a royal caribbean credit card credit of a free cruise for two ocean view and paid the upgrade to a ocean view balcony. I now see that the prices have dropped and a junior suite is the same price as the ocean balcony was when I booked. Can I get the upgrade or will they say because I used the credit I can not upgrade? Anyone have any experiance with this?

We are sailing June 8th on Allure of the seas. When I booked I used a royal caribbean credit card credit of a free cruise for two ocean view and paid the upgrade to a ocean view balcony. I now see that the prices have dropped and a junior suite is the same price as the ocean balcony was when I booked. Can I get the upgrade or will they say because I used the credit I can not upgrade? Anyone have any experiance with this?

I am on the same sailing as you.....I originally had a d7 ov balcony then had my TA get me a D1 balcony when prices first dropped. Well prices dropped even more and she was able to get me a JS. You better call and ask, last I checked which was a couple of days ago there were only 2 JS left both on deck 6. Good luck!!!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

You should be able to upgrade but they will give you credit for the value of the lowest OV cabin when you call to do it, not the amount you originally had. They re=price the entire reservation

The number is 888-305-4626

Edited by molly361

You should be able to upgrade but they will give you credit for the value of the lowest OV cabin when you call to do it, not the amount you originally had. They re=price the entire reservation

The number is 888-305-4626

So how about if I'm not upgrading, but I notice that the price of the lowest OV has gone up. Can I call and get more credit for my Visa points?

So how about if I'm not upgrading, but I notice that the price of the lowest OV has gone up. Can I call and get more credit for my Visa points?

Yes, but they always re-price all categories. I am not sure which award you are using but for example.

Free companion fare you booked at $799 lowest OV and got $799 off your fare. It is now $899 they will give you $899 off but then you still pay $899 for the second person.

If you used it for an upgrade from inside to OV and the OV has gone up in price when you call they will also look at todays price of an inside cabin so if that has gone up as well it may not be an advantage.

If you used an award for an upgrade or free companion fare but are in a balcony they will give you the current price off for the least expsensive OV but will re-price your balcony at today's price as well.

Edited by molly361

Yes, but they always re-price all categories. I am not sure which award you are using but for example.

Free companion fare you booked at $799 lowest OV and got $799 off your fare. It is now $899 they will give you $899 off but then you still pay $899 for the second person.

If you used it for an upgrade from inside to OV and the OV has gone up in price when you call they will also look at todays price of an inside cabin so if that has gone up as well it may not be an advantage.

If you used an award for an upgrade or free companion fare but are in a balcony they will give you the current price off for the least expsensive OV but will re-price your balcony at today's price as well.

Thanks Ellen, I did not know that you could get the credit portion re-priced.:)

I did call and felt that the young lady handling the call did the best she could. It first it was going to cost $140.00 to upgrade which I would do in a minute but the supervisor over ruled because even though I booked the cruise before they changed and no longer allow you to use the free cruise on Oasis class ship I could not get the bump up. It would now cost $800.00 which I would much rather spend at the bar having a good time for the short period of time I will be in the room.

But in the end it was worth the call. I do not use my RCCL visa anymore because of the reduced rewards.