So wife's birth certificate may be lost... and we cruise in 7 days... Options?

bassrebel

Hey Guys!

We just finished moving, and, to our surprise, we have no idea where her birth certificate is...

We have looked just about everywhere and still have not been able to find it.

Now, my problem is... that she was born in NYC, and we live in Florida. Is there a way of getting an expedited Birth Certificate so it can be here (Latest on Saturday?)

Another thing... she has the star in her driver's license, which means that she provided all that information to the DMV in order to get her driver's license. Can I request that information from the DMV?

What options do I have?

Thanks,

Edited by bassrebel

Hey Guys!

We just finished moving, and, to our surprise, we have no idea where her birth certificate is...

We have looked just about everywhere and still have not been able to find it.

Now, my problem is... that she was born in NYC, and we live in Florida. Is there a way of getting an expedited Birth Certificate so it can be here (Latest on Saturday?)

Another thing... she has the star in her driver's license, which means that she provided all that information to the DMV in order to get her driver's license. Can I request that information from the DMV?

What options do I have?

Thanks,

Maybe https://www.vitalchek.com/ will work? Some locations offer 2 day turnaround service.

Good luck.

Do you know anyone who lives in or near the city or town where she was born and in which town or city hall the records would be available? If so, they could go in person and get a new B/C.

Good luck.

Well, she was born in Brooklyn, and AFAIK they don't allow relatives to pick b/c... I could be mistaken, though...

Maybe if you FedEx a signed request by your wife for her relative to pick up the B/C.

Call the Keeper of the Records at City Hall and ask.

Edited by sail7seas

I had to get my my wifes BC and I talked to someone in vital records. i was able to give them a scanned copy of the request with a copy of her Drivers Licence and with my CC they were able to overnight it to us. I called on a Monday and had it in my hands on a Wednesday. Good Luck to you!!

Edited by LNLCruisin

The only other person that can pick up a birth certificate from vital statistics is her parents. Is it possible for one of them to pick it up and overnight it to you? You can request a birth certificate via phone or internet but it might take a couple weeks. The other option is to bring her passport, if she has one. Hope everything works out.

The DMV can't help you get a copy of your birth certificate.

What state is her license issued in?

Edited by dwjoe

We never take a BC. Doesn't she have a passport?

OR

can you use a BC instead of a passport on some itineraries? I guess I thought you had to have a passport to travel anywhere but Canada and Mexico.

Good luck - hope some of the ideas from others help you out.

We never take a BC. Doesn't she have a passport?

OR

can you use a BC instead of a passport on some itineraries? I guess I thought you had to have a passport to travel anywhere but Canada and Mexico.

Good luck - hope some of the ideas from others help you out.

US citizens on a closed loop cruise (beginning and ending in the same US port, in the Western hemisphere, on the same ship) can travel with only a birth certificate and (for those 16 and over) a government issued photo ID.

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woohoo... I was tired of turning the house upside down looking for it (at least it gave me enough time to clean the house :)) and I found in a hidden corner a bookbag with some documents and viola! there it was smiling at me :)

Very happy for you that the B/C has been found.

When you return home, have your DW apply for a passport and find a safe place to store them.

Have a great cruise.

woohoo... I was tired of turning the house upside down looking for it (at least it gave me enough time to clean the house :)) and I found in a hidden corner a bookbag with some documents and viola! there it was smiling at me :)

Phew, good to hear. Have a great cruise!

Abig sigh of relief. Best to have a passport if you plan to travel in the future.

When you return home, have your DW apply for a passport and find a safe place to store them.

Have a great cruise.

Abig sigh of relief. Best to have a passport if you plan to travel in the future.

Passports are just as capable of being misplaced as a birth certificate. The lesson to be learned is keep track of your important documents whatever they are and keep them in a safe place.

Thanks guys!! Somehow I completely forgot about the existence of this particular book bag... And so happened that there's where these documents were... I'm planning to do some traveling overseas towards the end of the year so I will definitely need passports... :)

US citizens on a closed loop cruise (beginning and ending in the same US port, in the Western hemisphere, on the same ship) can travel with only a birth certificate and (for those 16 and over) a government issued photo ID.

Are you saying that a passport would not work?

Have a great cruise.

Passports are just as capable of being misplaced as a birth certificate. The lesson to be learned is keep track of your important documents whatever they are and keep them in a safe place.

:) Indeed.

That is why I added 'find a safe place to store them'.