E-mailing Mai·tre d' for MDR seating?

Whimsy88

Our family of 5 is traveling with another family of 5 (we've cruised before but this is their first time), sailing on the Freedom in July. We have 3 cabins between the 2 families. We all selected the late seating in the MDR. I've seen other comments in posts about sending an e-mail to the maître d' for table requests. We've never done it before, but with such a large group, we would like to all be seated together. Does it make sense to do it in this situation? If so, how do I find out the contact info and when should I make the request? Thanks for the input.

If you have all the booking numbers you can call Carnival and have your bookings 'linked' for dining. Then you will all be seated at the same table. Enjoy your cruise! :)

As the other poster said, they will link both families together, but I don't know if you all will be seated at one table. Although, on one of our cruises there were a couple of long tables in the MDR, that seated 10 people.

Have fun on your cruise!

Thanks so much for the replies! We got the kids sail free promo so final payment isn't due for another month, but when we make that, I'll link the bookings and we'll see what happens. Not the worst thing in the world if they seat the 4 teenage boys by themselves, so long as they are close by and we can give them the "eye" if needed! I know they'll behave, it's just the making a mess if they get "distracted" by pretty girls that I'll worry about! ;)

Linking the bookings earlier allows the MaitreD and their staff to work on seating earlier, especially with large groups. My group of 9-12 was wait listed for late dining from the time we booked in January, until a week or so ago. I did email the Maitre'd first, and didn't get a response. I emailed John Heald on his blog, along with support@ccl.com around a month ago, who contacted the Senior Maitre'd onboard who ensured we would be seating together for late dining, and we were confirmed last week as noted. So don't delay in contacting them, or linking the bookings which is important.

We had a group of 16 and about 2 weeks out I e-mailed the maître d on the freedom and requested that if possible we would like a table of 8 for adults and two tables of 4 each for the kids. It worked out great!

Do y'all know if you can request to be put in the MAIN Dining Room (versus the one in the back of the ship) on Magic? My biggest complaint of any cruise I've ever been on was being seating at the dining room at the back of the ship behind some bins, where we couldn't see anything but the tables in front of us and behind us, thereby missing the waitors dancing. We also felt the movement of the ship more which was uncomfortable at dinner. :confused:

I would call carnival and "Link" the bookings you will be seated together that way, if you want a special arrangement, like kids at one table, adults at another then I would try emailing, I emailed a request 3 months in advance and when I didnt hear back, about a week before my cruise I contacted John Heald on facebook and he forwarded my request, either way we were accommodated, I think partially because the dining room was sooo empty for late seating but they were able to do it and we had a wonderful time

We had 32 family members, linked our booking # and we had 3 large round tables with a couple if high chairs. Our tables were all in the same area. We never had to bother the maitre'd carnival took care of it in booking.

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed the maitre'd of the Fantasy with a request today at 11:00am and received a reply at 11:56 (that's right, less than 1 hour response time). Thanks to maitre'd Freddy Verwaal.

That's what I call customer service!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have always sailed in a group of 8-12 people. We just let Carnival know we are traveling together when we book our cabins. They link all of our bookings together and we have never had any problems. No need to contact the maitre'd.

Do y'all know if you can request to be put in the MAIN Dining Room (versus the one in the back of the ship) on Magic? My biggest complaint of any cruise I've ever been on was being seating at the dining room at the back of the ship behind some bins, where we couldn't see anything but the tables in front of us and behind us, thereby missing the waitors dancing. We also felt the movement of the ship more which was uncomfortable at dinner. :confused:

That is a good question! I wonder what the rhyme and reason to MDR placement. Perhaps your location on the ship determines that. I think the idea of making the request to MD might just do the trick if you ask real nice like. :D I think I am going to do the same and hope for the best. I hope your request is granted!