Quick Ecstasy review April 28th - May 2nd Key West & Cozumel

BarJen

Being that we weren't arriving into Cozumel until 1:30pm, I took the time to go to the Wind Song dining room for lunch so that I could use my "free" drink coupon, I really wish Carnival would expand the options for using these darn things. I got a bloody mary and it was large and had a generous pour :)

We docked and finally got clearance to debark for the day, so we headed right to the taxi area because we had reservations at Nachi Cocom. We have been there before and we absolutely love it, Nachi is a day resort that only allows a maximum of 100 people in a day (I have never seen it even close to that) included with your $55 fee is a 3 course lunch and unlimted drinks, yes that included adult beverages :)

They are right on the beach, have a large pool with a swim up bar and a nice spa that is also large. There are plenty of lounge chairs (no chair hogs!) and some hammocks. There is a gentleman that will come around and offer snorkeling and other water activities, but a polite no thank you if that doesn't interest you and he will never bother you again.

quick look at the menu:

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

the grilled grouper is really good!

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

Thank you for answering my questions. We signed up for the Faster to the Fun, so I was certainly interested in the Capt lounge.:) Wasn't too sure what the difference is, but other say it is well worth it.

We are also going when they have the live band.(LadyA concert) So if you have any pictures of the conert hall, please post.:) Trying to get an idea of what it looks like so I know the best way and fastest to get it line.

Thanks again for your review!

Edited by lovermonkey

Thank you for answering my questions. We signed up for the Faster to the Fun, so I was certainly interested in the Capt lounge.:) Wasn't too sure what the difference is, but other say it is well worth it.

We are also going when they have the live band.(LadyA concert) So if you have any pictures of the conert hall, please post.:) Trying to get an idea of what it looks like so I know the best way and fastest to get it line.

Thanks again for your review!

Your welcome, you will enjoy Faster to the fun!

I have never been on a cruise with a concert, but that would be a blast!

I would imagine that they would have it in the Blue Sapphire Lounge because it's the largest area with seating on the ship, but wouldn't rule out that they may have more than one show on different days in multiple locations. Maybe someone else that has attended a concert at sea could chime in on that.

Below are some photos of the Blue Sapphire:

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

control center for the shows

IMG_20140428_125221_529.jpg

Being that we weren't arriving into Cozumel until 1:30pm, I took the time to go to the Wind Song dining room for lunch so that I could use my "free" drink coupon, I really wish Carnival would expand the options for using these darn things. I got a bloody mary and it was large and had a generous pour :)

We docked and finally got clearance to debark for the day, so we headed right to the taxi area because we had reservations at Nachi Cocom. We have been there before and we absolutely love it, Nachi is a day resort that only allows a maximum of 100 people in a day (I have never seen it even close to that) included with your $55 fee is a 3 course lunch and unlimted drinks, yes that included adult beverages :)

They are right on the beach, have a large pool with a swim up bar and a nice spa that is also large. There are plenty of lounge chairs (no chair hogs!) and some hammocks. There is a gentleman that will come around and offer snorkeling and other water activities, but a polite no thank you if that doesn't interest you and he will never bother you again.

quick look at the menu:

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

the grilled grouper is really good!

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

Are these menu prices in pesos?! Good LORD I hope that's not USD!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Are these menu prices in pesos?! Good LORD I hope that's not USD!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

yes, it is in pesos lol

I'm not sure why they even have prices on the menu, because everything is included in your pre-paid fee.

Barry

I don't think the ship sailed at capacity, it just never felt crowded to me. Even on our day at sea the longest we had to wait in a line for the outdoor grill was less than 5 minutes.

below are some more random photos from around the ship.

Freddy!

IMG_0336.jpg

the water works

IMG_0337.jpg

jogging/walking track

IMG_0322.jpg

mini golf

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

and the sunrise as we were pulling into the Port of Miami

IMG_0369.jpg

We utilized the priority debarkation. We were off the ship, through customs, and at Miami International by 9:35 a.m.

Another fantastic vacation with Carnival was complete, man did that go fast!

well, there you have it, I did say "quick" review :)

Barry

Your welcome, you will enjoy Faster to the fun!

I have never been on a cruise with a concert, but that would be a blast!

I would imagine that they would have it in the Blue Sapphire Lounge because it's the largest area with seating on the ship, but wouldn't rule out that they may have more than one show on different days in multiple locations. Maybe someone else that has attended a concert at sea could chime in on that.

Below are some photos of the Blue Sapphire:

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

control center for the shows

IMG_20140428_125221_529.jpg

Thank you!

We have the VIP so they said we get to be in one of the first three rows. This must be it. Well, I hope. Thanks again.

Thanks for taking the time to review! I wish I had seen this before I went on the Ecstasy. My husband and I were on the April 14-18 sailing. This was the smallest boat we had been on, regardless of cruise line. We enjoyed not waiting in long lines and it didn't feel very crowded. We loved the location of the Serenity deck, right at the back of the boat. We had a great time and the ship is in great condition, but we would prefer a more mid-sized ship in the future. Before the cruise, we stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Brickell. The hotel gets AMAZING reviews and they deserve it. My husband used points to get us an extremely nice room for free. And it's right next to a train stop that you can use for FREE. The day of the cruise, we got on that, and got off at... hmm... I don't remember the stop, then just took a taxi across the bridge. Might just take a taxi from the hotel, but we wanted to see how we could do it using the train too. Anyways, great cruise overall!

Thanks for taking the time to review! I wish I had seen this before I went on the Ecstasy. My husband and I were on the April 14-18 sailing. This was the smallest boat we had been on, regardless of cruise line. We enjoyed not waiting in long lines and it didn't feel very crowded. We loved the location of the Serenity deck, right at the back of the boat. We had a great time and the ship is in great condition, but we would prefer a more mid-sized ship in the future. Before the cruise, we stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Brickell. The hotel gets AMAZING reviews and they deserve it. My husband used points to get us an extremely nice room for free. And it's right next to a train stop that you can use for FREE. The day of the cruise, we got on that, and got off at... hmm... I don't remember the stop, then just took a taxi across the bridge. Might just take a taxi from the hotel, but we wanted to see how we could do it using the train too. Anyways, great cruise overall!

I think we like the mid-sized better as well, but I won't say we wouldn't sail on another smaller ship again if the price is right :)

Thanks for the tip on the hotel and train, I will have to look into that the next time we sail from Miami.

Barry