ABC Jeep Safari

Ashkins

Just got back from our cruise. We loved ABC tours! We did the half day. It was 4 hours. I don't know what they would cut out of your trip , but you did need 4 hours to see everything. My credit card was charged right away. They had copies of everything when I got to the front desk. Gabriel was our guide. He was good. We had 3 jeeps and my husband drove the last one. He had automatic transmission. We had another family with us-they were great! I loved seeing the different terrain (no cactus in NY).
The road to the natural pool was treacherous:eek: (but screaming always makes it more fun!) It was very rough at the natural pool the day we went (think tsunami waves):eek: Finally it calmed down alittle and we went in. The guides at the natural pool were excellent. They help you swim across. And then climb onto the rocks. Big current-you have to be in good shape. I thought I was in good shape until we had to walk back up the rocky steps to the jeeps-had to stop to breathe. Kids loved the ostrich farm. Scenic drive along the coastline. then we went to Palm beach-nice!

Sorry it took so long to respond...Yes I did receive a confirmation via email after they billed me. It gave instructions on how to hook up with them at the pier...here's a copy of the letter:

Yeehhhaaaa ********,

Thank you very much for booking ABC Tours!

Your reservation is confirmed! You will be picked up at the Pier at 8:15:00 AM.
Once you are in the terminal, please step at the INFORMATION DESK and call.
us, so that we can arrange the pick up place. Our office is located 5
minutes from the pier.

Remember to wear a bathing suit, sneakers and bring towels.

Your credit card has been billed from ABC Tours Attractions for an amount of $148.50.

Be ready for a lot of fun, and bring the fun spiritttttt!!!!

Marvin M. Kelly
Managing Director/Owner
ABC Tours Attractions, Inc.
Ponton 72
Oranjestad, ARUBA
Tel: 297 5825600
Fax: 297 5839878
E-mail: mailto:info@abc-aruba.com

• 3 weeks later...
Booked the Half Day Off Road Jeep Adventure with ABC Tours. We will be there on Apr 6th 8am - 5pm.

From reading the post it sure sounds like it's going to be a great adventure. The question I have, or should I say my wife - Will we have enough time to go back to the ship to clean up, have lunch, and still have some time to do a little shopping??? A friend of hers wants her to go to a couple of shops she usual shops at when she's in Aruba.

Ed

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Jen ny,
Please report back on your trip with ABC Tours. Would love to hear some current info as my DH and I can't decide about this trip for our cruise in December. Are you doing the 1/2 day or full day? Will anxiously await your trip report.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='nanaj2']Jen ny,
Please report back on your trip with ABC Tours. Would love to hear some current info as my DH and I can't decide about this trip for our cruise in December. Are you doing the 1/2 day or full day? Will anxiously await your trip report.[/QUOTE]

im doing a full day,i think we finish around 5pm.

We did the half day tour on Friday, Sept 15th. Met Gabriel at the door in the Terminal. He has a sign that says ABC Tours. He took us to the office to sign our releases. (Cruise passengers are not the only people doing the tour.) Only 6 cruise passengers and 12 hotel guests.
Gabriel was our driver and two hotel quests drove the other two jeeps. 6 people in each jeep. THe ride was very comfortable.
Gabriel supplies us with water, soda and diet soda through out the morning. The waether is warm but with the wind it was highly enjoyable.

You gotta walk down 85 steps to get into the Natural Pool. (then walk back up them) We stayed topside while others went down for a swim.

The ride is the jeeps are fun. Its not bone wracking or anything. You do get dusty though.

Yes, I would do it again.

Thanks for the information, I just booked my group of 8 for November 8th- we can't wait!!!!!!

My in-laws had decided not to go because they tought it would be too bad on their backs, but they may save that for the second half of the trip??????

I'll report back once we have completed our cruise.

I'm trying to figure out if the Aruba jeep tour that I was considering for our upcoming cruise is the same as this ABC Jeep Tour that everyone is talking about. We'll be sailing with Princess and I can't find anything on that board. I've pasted the description of the tour from the excursions section of the Princess website.

Does anyone know if this is the same tour?

[COLOR=darkred][B][SIZE=3]Aruba 4wd Safari[/SIZE][/B][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE]
[/COLOR][COLOR=darkred]Explore Aruba’s north and east coasts on a four-wheel-drive caravan.

[B]WHAT YOU VISIT[/B]
After a short bus transfer to the starting point board your assigned, topless 4WD vehicle. Forming a caravan, follow your guide on an off-road tour that includes an exploration of Baby Natural Bridge, carved from solid limestone and coral by the waves of the Caribbean. View the collapsed original Natural Bridge. Next, stop at California Lighthouse and Alto Vista Chapel. Keep an eye out for island wildlife, including wild goats, donkeys, and iguanas. The caravan continues to one of Aruba’s beautiful beaches with time for swimming and sunbathing. Complimentary water is provided.

[B]SPECIAL NOTES[/B]
This tour is sold by the vehicle. Please book tour by vehicle and not per passenger. Each vehicle can accommodate up to four people. All drivers must present a valid driver’s license and be at least 18 years old. Not suitable for passengers with back or respiratory problems.
[/COLOR]

No. It is not the same tour company. You are booking through Princess and they do not contract with ABC. There will be many tours and even people in individual jeeps they have rented on their own, all hitting the same spots.

Having done the ABC tour, I can vouch for our driver stopping and helping stuck and stranded; lost drivers. It seemed we were picking up other people at every stop and we formed one giant caravan. The natural pool is very hard to find on your own.

I don't know what Princess is charging, but the ABC value for the $63 all day tour is hard to beat. We're doing it again in a couple of weeks. The snorkling at baby beach in the afternoon is what makes the ABC tour the best one for us. Check it out:

[url]www.abc-aruba.com[/url]

download the flyer

You'll have fun either way, just decide which you prefer.

[quote name='lazygal']No. It is not the same tour company. You are booking through Princess and they do not contract with ABC. There will be many tours and even people in individual jeeps they have rented on their own, all hitting the same spots.

Having done the ABC tour, I can vouch for our driver stopping and helping stuck and stranded; lost drivers. It seemed we were picking up other people at every stop and we formed one giant caravan. The natural pool is very hard to find on your own.

I don't know what Princess is charging, but the ABC value for the $63 all day tour is hard to beat. We're doing it again in a couple of weeks. The snorkling at baby beach in the afternoon is what makes the ABC tour the best one for us. Check it out:

[URL="http://www.abc-aruba.com"]www.abc-aruba.com[/URL]

download the flyer

You'll have fun either way, just decide which you prefer.[/quote]

Thanks LazyGal!

I was mostly concerned about how rough the ride is if it was, in fact, the same tour. We're taking my parent's on the cruise to celebrate their 50th anniversary. Even though they are hardy midwestern farm stock (so to speak), I didn't want them bouncing out of the jeep. :eek:

Not even a week ago i was 9 to 5pm all day with them. Cruise passengers are NOT the only ones in the tours, there hotel people as well. It was great. The natural bridge was distroyed a year ago by a hurricane but the place is still lovely. The off road was super cool. The natural pool is not recomended for small children nor old people.

I loved it.

Just back from the 1Oct Destiny sailing and we did the ABC 8 hour Land Rover tour and it was great. Definitely a different experience seeing this desert side of the island. And when they say off road......they mean off road.

And when they say dust..prepare to eat some dust.

The natural pond was awesome! The force of the waves hitting the rock and cliffs was just amazing.

Enjoyed every moment!

[quote name='attilamom1217']Hi,
My husband and i are considering an ABC tour in November. I have one question, do the jeeps have manual or automatic transmissions? Neither of us knows how to drive manual.

Thanks.[/quote]

Hi,

[COLOR=black]I booked an all day tour with them for the beginning of November. They told me they have automatic but I would make sure you put in the comment section that you want an automatic jeep when you make the reservation - you can also send them an email and double check. I like to have everything in writing so when I get there if there are any issues I have it in writing. [/COLOR]

When they say off-road! They mean OFF-ROAD! I can drive a manual or automatic and thank GOD I told them I dont want to drive. I would have been scared to death to drive and have 8 people behind me to worry about!!! LOL

We had a great time, but I am on vacation and want someone else to do the driving!!!

Hi Pickles 61 and andnickali - we are on the same cruise!!!! I recognized your name from our cruise board. Looking forward to meeting you all at the meet and greet on sailaway day.!

Thanks Pickles 61 for the info on the transmission and the advice about having it in writing!!!! I generally have all agreements in writing anyway to ensure everyone is on the same sheet of music.

We still haven't made up our minds yet. I know there is still time, but not much.

Thanks,
Debbi

[quote name='attilamom1217']Hi Pickles 61 and andnickali - we are on the same cruise!!!! I recognized your name from our cruise board. Looking forward to meeting you all at the meet and greet on sailaway day.!

Thanks Pickles 61 for the info on the transmission and the advice about having it in writing!!!! I generally have all agreements in writing anyway to ensure everyone is on the same sheet of music.

We still haven't made up our minds yet. I know there is still time, but not much.

Thanks,
Debbi[/quote]
Hi Debbi,
Let me know if you'll be on the tour with us. There's another family on the roll call that's also going. I'm doing the all day tour.
Mindy

Archived