Greek Orthodox Easter 2015

hotzej

Can anyone verify if the ruins at Olympia and the museum will be open or closed on the Orthodox Easter? We are there only one day and would like to plan to see Olympia, but found out that this is the Orthodox Easter. I hope it is open but fear from other web sites, it is closed? BUT not sure so am asking those who might know for sure???? Thanks

Edited by hotzej

Can anyone verify if the ruins at Olympia and the museum will be open or closed on the Orthodox Easter? We are there only one day and would like to plan to see Olympia, but found out that this is the Orthodox Easter. I hope it is open but fear from other web sites, it is closed? BUT not sure so am asking those who might know for sure???? Thanks

Are you talking about April 15th 2015 on the Amsterdam?

I have it as April 12 while we are in Katakolon. The taxi company told me that it is on their Orthodox Easter and he was not sure the Olympia sites, museum and other sites would be open. I look on the internet to confirm the date and sure enough it shows it as April 12. Not sure what you mean about the 16th, the regular Easter Sunday falls on April 5, 2015.

Thanks

Orthdox Easter date in 2015 is indeed April 12th 2015.

On Easter Sunday all sites and museums are closed.

Around Easter, the usual case for museums and sites is that Friday they open around 11am - midday, while on Saturday, Monday, they open on limited hours, most of the cases it will be 8am - 3pm.

I am referring to:

Fri April 10th 2015,

Sa April 11th 2015,

Mo April 13th 2015.