Oasis one week Allure the next?

We want to do two weeks either cruising on the Oasis the first week then the Allure the second week or two weeks on the Allure. We love the Oasis and want to try the Allure. So of course we need to do laundry when it comes back to Ft. Lauderdale which if we did the Oasis we would spend the night in the hotel and do laundry then get on the Allure or do the Allure we would need to take a taxi to a laundry mat and get back on.

Has anyone done this and what was your experience?

Well, what do you want to do? The side-to-side might be fun because of the two different itineraries and ships, but then there is all that goes with actually disembarking ship - packing up, cashing out, disembarking, taxi, hotel room, laundry, only to come back the next morning and do it again. If you are an adventurous kind of family who doesn't mind this, then go for it.

Having said that, a true back-to-back on the same ship (the same cabin, if you can get it!) is phenomenal!! There is a lovely feeling you get when you know you don't have to pack up and leave at the end of the first leg when everyone else is doing so. They may have a nice luncheon for all the consecutive cruisers as well; this varies from ship to ship.

We have done many cruises and you know you absolutely can get through a week by just rinsing things out in the sink and letting them air-dry. Also, you can make use of the ship's laundry service for those must-clean items.

I started to say what I would do and such but it really doesn't matter what anyone else says. So I ask, what do you want to do?

We have done Liberty and then onto Allure on the same day or in reverse, I can't remember. Since then we don't want to change ships, too much bother and hassle in the same day.

Even a hotel between is packing up and checking in again etc.

We would rather stay on board and enjoy the ship experience. I haven't seen much difference in either Oasis or Allure and and been on each for b2bs. I think it is more fun to stay on board and send your laundry out or do take more clothes or do hand wash drip dry? No hotel cost or cab fee.......

As above we have done many B2Bs and love them!!!

Edited by CVU

I would love to do the Allure back to back and I agree with you about the hassle of the packing up and getting off. I thought I read somewhere that people get off and take a taxi to the laundrymat and get back on so was wanting to know if any one that reads this has experienced this before and any advice on what to do to make it easier to get on and off the ship in doing this.

Well, what do you want to do? The side-to-side might be fun because of the two different itineraries and ships, but then there is all that goes with actually disembarking ship - packing up, cashing out, disembarking, taxi, hotel room, laundry, only to come back the next morning and do it again. If you are an adventurous kind of family who doesn't mind this, then go for it.

Having said that, a true back-to-back on the same ship (the same cabin, if you can get it!) is phenomenal!! There is a lovely feeling you get when you know you don't have to pack up and leave at the end of the first leg when everyone else is doing so. They may have a nice luncheon for all the consecutive cruisers as well; this varies from ship to ship.

We have done many cruises and you know you absolutely can get through a week by just rinsing things out in the sink and letting them air-dry. Also, you can make use of the ship's laundry service for those must-clean items.

I started to say what I would do and such but it really doesn't matter what anyone else says. So I ask, what do you want to do?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Oasis and Allure sail opposite itineraries? Meaning that if Oasis is sailing Eastern this week, Allure is sailing Western this week. So if you did Oasis one week then Allure the next or vice-versa, you'd be sailing the same itinerary. That wouldn't be a problem for me but you decide what's best for yourself and your family!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Oasis and Allure sail opposite itineraries? Meaning that if Oasis is sailing Eastern this week, Allure is sailing Western this week. So if you did Oasis one week then Allure the next or vice-versa, you'd be sailing the same itinerary. That wouldn't be a problem for me but you decide what's best for yourself and your family!

Right now they both sail the same itinerary with Oasis leaving on Saturday and Sunday with Allure. After Oasis returns from dry dock in early November they do start to alternate routes.

Right now they both sail the same itinerary with Oasis leaving on Saturday and Sunday with Allure. After Oasis returns from dry dock in early November they do start to alternate routes.

Not correct. They are on alternate routes as shown below.

Oasis July 5th ....Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Labadee, Haiti; Falmouth, Jamaica; Cozumel, Mexico; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Allure July 6th....Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Nassau, Bahamas; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Not correct. They are on alternate routes as shown below.

Oasis July 5th ....Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Labadee, Haiti; Falmouth, Jamaica; Cozumel, Mexico; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Allure July 6th....Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Nassau, Bahamas; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I stand corrected but I am asking about experiences how others did back to backs with needing to do laundry in between, frankly it doesn't matter to us where the ships go because the ship is our destination and we have seen these ports alot.

If I was going to cruise two weeks in a row on basically identical ships, I would book the same one for a back-to-back, and splurge by sending the laundry out on board the ship. Really, having to pack up, disembark, clear customs, check into a hotel, only to get up the next morning and go right back to where I came from sounds like a huge hassle for no reason...

So I did a little digging for you on the Florida departures board; two locals suggested Southport Coin Laundry at 1063 SE 17th St. (954-522-5107), and added that the round-trip cab fare from the pier would be around $25.00. I'm not sure if that helps you further, but there you go. :)

So I did a little digging for you on the Florida departures board; two locals suggested Southport Coin Laundry at 1063 SE 17th St. (954-522-5107), and added that the round-trip cab fare from the pier would be around $25.00. I'm not sure if that helps you further, but there you go. :)

So that's debark, pay for a cab, pay to do laundry, pay for a hotel, embark a virtually identical ship.... Or just pay for laundry on board and do a back-to-back.

So that's debark, pay for a cab, pay to do laundry, pay for a hotel, embark a virtually identical ship.... Or just pay for laundry on board and do a back-to-back.

Well.....no remember I said either Oasis to Allure OR Allure/Allure but laundry in between. So we will have a car parked at the 5.50 day lot so cancel the taxi cab and we can get off do the laundry that was found close to the port on 17th and that works out great. Don't want to spend laundry money per pants and tops but would do the unlimited service if they offered that.

For the price of a hotel and the hassle of changing ships, I would have my laundry done onboard during the "weekly special" and do a b2b on Oasis. We just got off of Allure and did Oasis in December. I expected to like the Allure slightly better but we preferred the Oasis.

We did exactly that in February. First week on Oasis, second week on Allure. In between one night at the Riverside Hotel in FLL; we thought it was great to have one night on land during the two cruises. I did not want to have the hassle with going to a laundromat on that day, so I just gave our dirty clothes to the laundry on the ships. Worth the money, hey, it's my vacation and for sure I did not want to spend it with doing laundry :D.

We did twice the western itinerary and it was not boring at all. The first week we relaxed a lot and managed to get rid of the jetlag (coming from Europe). The second week we did a lot of excursions and had much fun. I would do it again anytime. Now which ship did we like better? Definitely the Oasis. The staff was much better, service was better and friendlier than on Allure. It probably hat a lot to do with the cruise director. Allan Brooks on Oasis was great, Ken Rush on Allure was so full of himself, absolutely awful!

I long to do a b2b, so having never done one, my first thought would be the b2b on Allure (or Oasis). I would rinse out what I could and hang to dry, then send out the rest on the ship. I would enjoy the ship while everyone else is waiting to board! If you stay on board, send out all your laundry for the ship to do, and you don't pay for a hotel in between ships, you would still come out ahead by not paying for the hotel.

My opinion is your time is worth something, even if you go to a hotel and stay one night before boarding Allure, I wouldn't want to spend it in a laundry mat. I would still do the same as above, enjoy being off the ship for a night.

Whatever you decide to do it will still be fun b/c you're still doing a b2b! I so envy you:o Have fun!

I would switch ships to get different shows.

That is exactly what I was going to post. If the OP does not care about the itineraries then I would switch ships. If it were any other class of ship I might not care so much as I think the shows on most of the ships are pretty poor but these two ships are the exception.

I'm with you, I'd just get a bag of laundry done while on the ship and then you wouldn't need to mess with it later. Your idea of a B to B on sister ships sounds like fun. Keep a list of the things you like on each ship and compare when you get home. Hope you have a good time.

I have done b2b on the sisters and it was great but I prefer b2b on same ship only because I am a heavy packer bring too much, I bring woolite to clean bathing suits and I do the bag of laundry towards end of 1st week :) but having said that I would do it again it's a good problem to have!!! :)

How dirty can one get on a beautiful cruise ship in one week?

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Some of us actually use the gym and work out. The 80+ degree weather in the Caribbean can result in a bit of sweating too.