!!! BREEZE !!! Western Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Here is the video of the ship leaving Grand cayman. It is really cool because you can actually see how we were moving and the tenders were still arriving to the ship. You can also notice the ship rocking while we leave, pretty neat!

Time lapse! Neat Video!

Day4-406_zpsd9994a63.jpg

Day4-407_zpsd54385f6.jpg

Day4-408_zps1c3ab11f.jpg

Day4-412_zps8d32c56e.jpg

Day4-415_zpsca7dff72.jpg

Money Shot? Then again I think most fisheye pictures are Money shots. Damn sensor dust!

Day4-416_zpsa284b73c.jpg

Day4-418_zps8e4885d5.jpg

Day4-421_zps8a8e7b63.jpg

Day4-428_zpsfe7b683c.jpg

I actually forgot to bring these for the sail boat, but I had no problems. I think I have almost fully outgrown getting sea sick. knock on wood.

Day4-430_zps8eda383e.jpg

And here is the proof of my alcohol status level…. By the way I think I am done buying Sky vodka, I just seem to get much more headaches than my normal ones when I drink this vodka. I get quite a few of them on a normal basis.

Day4-431_zps816263a4.jpg

After we had set sail I decided to check out the top decks for a little while. First I went to Waterworks.

Here is a short video of the area so you can get familiarized with it.

Day4-432_zps9de1fa90.jpg

Day4-433_zps88be28cf.jpg

Day4-434_zpsf8f4a204.jpg

Day4-435_zps690ac9f7.jpg

Then I headed to the Serenity area, it was getting some action that day. But overall I noticed that there is usually plenty of room on none sea days.

Here is the walking video so you get a feel for the area. I find that videos help you get more acquainted with some areas. At the end of the review I post a full walking review that summaries the entire review.

Day4-443_zps9ebb71fa.jpg

I could see myself using these.

Day4-444_zps23d08b6c.jpg

Day4-446_zps61b2d75a.jpg

Day4-449_zps3a90791c.jpg

Day4-450_zpsfafd2249.jpg

Day4-451_zpsf4fa054f.jpg

The line was never too long on either slide. But as another CC member said that can variate tremendously depending on the amount of kids on the vessel.

Day4-452_zps63ad7a42.jpg

Day4-453_zpsc3ee241f.jpg

Day4-454_zpsa9324d66.jpg

Day4-481_zps1ec657bc.jpg

Day4-487_zpsff3f2b24.jpg

I am not entirely what to think about the whale tail, I like the ones that are low profile, they make the ship look slick. But I am not crazy about the ones that are like the Victory ones. You know really tall. Just a personal thought, in the end it is Carnival trademark. So I am sure most people like them :D

Day4-488_zpsd48d2df5.jpg

Day4-490_zpsa8fba3ba.jpg

Day4-492_zps3dbe9ed1.jpg

I was due for some pizza

Day4-503_zps1fedcd5b.jpg

Every time that I went there, they had just a few slices available. But there is always someone there working, my guess is that they just make the according to demand.

Day4-504_zps5fd347fb.jpg

Day4-505_zps2b00066e.jpg

these tables are really nice, with a great view!

Day4-506_zpsf4f745af.jpg

Oh! I forgot, the fountain drinks in the aft pool have no ice machine. What the Hell!!!, lol I love Ice, and in a hot day it is a must. I guess you can go across to the sunset bar and ask for ice. Just a little inconvenient...

Day4-507_zps13c94a8e.jpg

Sad story about this hat later on…

Day4-508_zps600adcd9.jpg

Edited by gambee

Day4-513_zpsfe753c60.jpg

Then I headed to deck 5 and took some pictures of the pastry shop.

Day4-520_zpsbd397caa.jpg

I am not happy with these pictures, but as they are the only ones I have of these dessert, I have no option but to post them. They give you an idea of prices.

This venue never had a line, but you always saw 1 or 2 people there ordering coffee or pastries.

Day4-521_zpse868354b.jpg

Day4-524_zps4830d54c.jpg

Day4-525_zps51108362.jpg

Day4-526_zpsab40cf46.jpg

Then I stepped outside to lanai, I take pictures of these venue and the food on the last sea day. Keep in mind that they are only open on sea days. I am not big on BBQ, and let me tell you the line here gets long. So try to make it early.

Day4-534_zpsdc8157b1.jpg

Day4-535_zpsfd2dc146.jpg

I will also say that this is the ship that I have seen the least amount of Purell stations out of all the ships that I have sailed on. Not particularly something I like... They should add more, specially for a ship of this capacity. Seems to me like a inexpensive add, and one that would prevent potential problems.

Day4-536_zpsa9efc8a0.jpg

Day4-537_zps1f7a01fd.jpg

Day4-538_zps4bed3a70.jpg

From what I hear the Breeze is the Dream on steroids, is that right?

That's a pretty accurate description lol

As the ships in the Dream Class came out more features were added, so the Breeze got all the features of the first two ships (Dream and Magic) and then some while the Dream pretty much got shafted.

For example there'e no Red Frog Pub or Rope Course on Dream, but there's a Red Frog Pub and Rope Course on Magic while the Breeze has a Red Frog Pub, Rope Course, AND Thrill Theater among other things.

Edited by TheTravelista

I mean really how cool is that? Oh by the way upon further research, it seems Sony is implementing this feature on most of their cameras. This made me really happy, not to start any camera talk again. But ummm yeah, Gambee is on the look again ;). I guess I am never satisfied with camera equipment.

Day4-542_zpsfb744f7d.jpg

Those wide chairs? ( I dont know what to call them) are only available on one side of the ship. Port side? yes I think. Oh boy I need another Breeze cruise! Kevin book Me please!

Day4-548_zps9ca7a42c.jpg

Here is the red frog pub outside seating.

Day4-550_zpsfc92a33f.jpg

Just like any other line, I saw staff caring for the ship constantly.

Day4-551_zps8b2f3a62.jpg

Day4-552_zps4385068a.jpg

That's a pretty accurate description lol

As the ships in the Dream Class came out more features were added, so the Breeze got all the features of the first two ships (Dream and Magic) and then some while the Dream pretty much got shafted.

For example there'e no Red Frog Pub or Rope Course on Dream, but there's a Red Frog Pub and Rope Course on Magic while the Breeze has a Red Frog Pub, Rope Course, AND Thrill Theater among other things.

Thank you, yeah like I said I am a Carnival newbie, but that is pretty much what I gathered. That is essentially why I sailed on the Breeze. I mostly sail on Flagships, so it was only fair to sail on Carnival's flagship to review them properly.

Well hello there, and how are you doing buddy?

Day4-144_zps95c213f2.jpg

Wow, Gambee, you really captured the excitement of the tour. Hubby was out fishing once and a huge group of rays went by their ship and he was so excited to see them, he couldn't stop talking about them. One day we'll have to do this tour.

I decided to head towards Bonsai to try out the sushi on the Carnival Breeze. On my way in I noticed the martini tasting, unlike other ships that I have been on. The martini tasting on the Breeze you can get at any time, well X had something similar. Anyway, you get 4 martinis for $17, but they are not the regular size ones. I think they are maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of a martini?

Horrible picture, ugh. Sorry folks, like I said. We live, we learn. But anyway, not sure good of a deal it is, the martini glasses looked rather small. I find a great booze deal later on during the cruise, no worries.

Day4-553_zps9cefa8fb.jpg

Day4-554_zpsd94126d8.jpg

And here is the taste bar and the offerings of the week.

Day4-556_zps67df58ef.jpg

I wish I noticed this earlier. I really did not know anything about the day before, and never tried it =(.

Day4-555_zps6f69a57e.jpg

Then I got to Bonsai, the place is located in a high traffic area and you’re pretty much on display for anyone going to the piano bar, comedy show and other areas. It is somewhat similar to breakaway style. But I think I much rather be in a semi-private place like the one on the Allure of the seas.

The menu is really limited, you really have very few options to pick from. The good news? The food was incredible! I am extremely picky about my sushi, and let me tell you something this was some really good sushi. The rice was right on the spot and everything just tasted very good and fresh. Of course we all know its frozen fresh because of the simply fact that we are on a ship. But from what I could get, they are using good high quality ingredients for this venue.

Day4-558_zpsbc6dd06b.jpg

Wow, Gambee, you really captured the excitement of the tour. Hubby was out fishing once and a huge group of rays went by their ship and he was so excited to see them, he couldn't stop talking about them. One day we'll have to do this tour.

It was to die for! while not the best shore excursion of this cruise, it was second best! You really have to try it out.

Thank you for commenting, It is always appreciated.

I apologize for how dark the pictures are, but I did not have my NEX camera with me. This is about as good as it gets for the RX100 under poor lighting.

Day4-559_zpsd04286e5.jpg

I am not a fan of seating at the bar, so I sat on a high top for two. I figured it was a good way of not taking to much space but while still having space to place all my stuff on.

Day4-560_zpsf838d353.jpg

Day4-561_zps7768e883.jpg

They gave me complimentary edamame, which by the way was spicy as hell!!! I used to be very peaky about spicy food, but it has grown on me over the past years.

Day4-563_zpsf8ce2e41.jpg

One thing to note is that they do not offer ice tea in this venue, only hot tea, water and whatever drink selections you see on the menu. Also they serve the water on those tinny ceramic cups, so if you drink a lot of water it can be a bit of a pain. Personally I love those ceramic cups, because they kept the water cool for much longer. Very neat!

Day4-564_zpsba8389d3.jpg

I ordered the Tuna and Mango tartare, it was to die for!

Day4-566_zpsc332c365.jpg

And the shrimp tempura roll, really good as well.

Day4-568_zps81ac35c1.jpg

The price is not too bad. By the way I love how Carnival charges gratuity in these type of venues, that way you know it is not included and the servers don't get stiffed. Although not sure why they did not charge it on the steak house. Tipping is a topic that is very subjective, and I really don't want to start a discussion about it. But if you know me, you know that I usually over tip. On this trip I was really strapped for cash, but believe it or not, I set aside a significant (considering circumstances) sum of money just for tips.

I know pathetic handwriting, maybe I should be a doctor ;-). Trust me its pretty bad, sometimes I have a hard time reading it, lol.

Day4-569_zpsad235385.jpg

The service was really good as well, I was actually making plans to go there again, but I had no time to make it back.

Ohhhh, by the way you can also get take out. Next time Ill get take out and eat it on my balcony =)

Day4-565_zps08a28d72.jpg

Very nice place, I highly recommend it!

Edited by gambee

Before heading up to the room I took a picture of the MDR menu for the day. That seafood platter sounds nice.

Day4-570_zpsbb26a0fa.jpg

Day4-571_zps14b1c64c.jpg

And I got some self serve ice cream. Tell me that does not look funny :D

Day4-576_zpsf8eee286.jpg

I had plans to go to the Diva show that night, but I had some time to burn. I headed to the room and relaxed for a little while.

Day4-578_zpsf2060ea7.jpg

I don’t think I have talked about this yet. I am not crazy about the balcony doors that the Breeze had. I much rather the sliding doors from the other ships I have been on. I will tell you why. Well the first thing is that when these doors close they can be very loud, and some times people in the rooms next to you slam them at all hours of the night. The second issue I found with them is that I enjoy sleeping with the door open. It is much easier to slide the other doors and then lock them in whatever position you want. I am not saying its impossible on the Breeze all I am saying is that its a little more complicated.

As you can see here I had to use the chair to jam the door open. I tried looking for a looking mechanism on top but saw none. One night my door slammed shut, my guess is that a gust of wind did it. Either way I was wide awake after that. Just saying...

Day4-579_zps9a8ea2a2.jpg

Day4-582_zpsed9f0821.jpg

The thermostat of the room was pretty accurate and easy to use for the most part. I have not found one ship that I have fully understand how they work. The temperature seems to variate widely from one setting to another at different times of the day. But the Breeze was pretty accurate. I left it very cold during the day and at night I raised the temperature.

Day4-583_zpsf8485767.jpg

Then I got ready and headed down to the Ovation theater to check out Divas. Please note that the pictures that I take of the show are prior the copyright warning and is not actual part of the show. It is pre-show and changes during all shows.

So the show starts by selecting a few couples from the audience then they compete in some contests to get to a winner.

Day4-585_zps9b1bd98d.jpg

Day4-586_zps8be1d616.jpg

This guy was FABULOUS!!!! He actually won his wife the price!

Day4-587_zps5ba82d61.jpg

Great team player!

Day4-588_zps1ed64a1d.jpg

Once a winner is selected they take the wife away and they promise to reveal her as the top Diva at the end of the show.

One thing I will say is that again Carnival managed to keep in the theater for the entire show. I was not crazy about the stage, very bare, nothing really catches your eyes. However the music that they performed was mostly music I loved, so I enjoyed that part. Most of the performers were very good dancers and singers, with an exception. The show flowed very well and I truly enjoyed myself during this performance.

I ordered a chocolate martini.

Day4-590_zps1f2dd9dd.jpg

At the end of the show they show the Diva and everyone rises and applauds. Overall very entertaining, while I think Carnival could use some better decor for the stage.