Specialty Dining Packages

I want to make reservations online to take advantage of this 20% onboard credit promo. It is myself, dh, dd (6) and ds (3). It states that children under 5 are free and children over 5 are charged a lower price but to inquire onboard.

I tried to book all 4 of us and it is charging for my 3 year old and full price for my 6 year old. Do I just make the reservation for myself and dh and then add the kids while onboard?

Same thing happened to me. Am booking online for my 12 year old and me, and it is showing the regular price although it does say something about asking about "special pricing for 6-12 year olds."

Am still going to go ahead and book anyway, because we will be eating there regardless. Also, I know that my 12 year old will most likely want to order off the adult menu, so if the stipulation to get a discount is that one has to order off of a kids' menu, then it probably won't apply to us anyway.

The terms and conditions for the OBC for specialty restaurants states:

†Discount is applicable to all pre-cruise specialty dining reservations. Onboard credit is applied on Day 1 of the cruise and is given to the primary person on the cruise booking. Onboard credit applies only to food purchases (cover charge or a ala carte) and is not combinable with any other offer.

This would indicate the food purchases at Izumi are included, but I do not see how they can include that on Day 1 unless they use $20 pp or some other measure to figure the OBC.

This one will need to be clarified in practice as even phone calls might generate different responses based on this info.

They would appear to be requesting bookings in advance only for adults and then adding the children to the reservation onboard.

Kids 5 and under eat for free.

Kids 6-12 years old eat for less. Ask about our kids specialty dining prices onboard.

This was the same with the old packages. You could only book the primary booking and all other bookings had to be handled onboard.

Chef's Table package allowed only booking full price package, but if wanted to change to non-alcoholic, the price had to be adjusted onboard.

• 2 weeks later...

One more question --

Trying to book two nights at Giovanni's and one night at Chop's, using the pre-cruising speciality dining 20% discount. But without completing my dining package reservation, I can't add a second night at Giovanni's -- can anyone confirm that, once you have completed one reservation at an onboard restaurant, you can book the same one again for another night?

Otherwise I will try ringing their Customer Services this weekend.

One more question --

Trying to book two nights at Giovanni's and one night at Chop's, using the pre-cruising speciality dining 20% discount. But without completing my dining package reservation, I can't add a second night at Giovanni's -- can anyone confirm that, once you have completed one reservation at an onboard restaurant, you can book the same one again for another night?

Otherwise I will try ringing their Customer Services this weekend.

I can only confirm that the new 'cruise planner' lets me go all the way to 'add to cart' with a second booking for another night. As I have booked all nights of my cruise it comes up with 'scheduling conflict' It then prompts for me to keep my other reservation or to select the new one and cancel the second booking. I can not have two bookings at the same time on the same night, but can make 2 bookings.

I can only confirm that the new 'cruise planner' lets me go all the way to 'add to cart' with a second booking for another night. As I have booked all nights of my cruise it comes up with 'scheduling conflict' It then prompts for me to keep my other reservation or to select the new one and cancel the second booking. I can not have two bookings at the same time on the same night, but can make 2 bookings.

Much appreciated for the response -- it gave me the confidence to go ahead and book one lot, then go back in and book the next. That has worked fine.

I do have one more question, which I think I know the answer to --

We've made these bookings for various nights. If, while onboard, we realise that the particular menu for that evening in the MDR is either good (if we have a reservation for that night) or a dudd (if we don't), are there any penalities for moving your reservation around? I know it's based on availability, so there's the possibility we couldn't move it, but other than that -- is that generally the case?

I've tried to pick definitive non-formal nights as I'm determined to have lobster on this cruise, for free!! I have been on two cruises in the Med in the last 2 years and NEITHER of them featured lobster. A 14-nighter really should though!

We changed them around a few times on board & had no problem. Even booked Giovanni's at 5 pm for a 7:30 ressie. They seemed to have a lot of availability all week. My tv showed no times for a same day ressie but when I phoned restaurant directly, they said, "what time would you like?"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk