LittleMissMagic's 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise - A Photo Review!

Hi again Victoria.

We are booking an extended family cruise (5 cabins and 15 people! :eek: ) cruise on the Fantasy and your extensive review has been invaluable help!!!!

Thank you!

I have a question about your parents cabin.

I'm booking an inside for one of our daughters and wanted her near another daughter's family so I chose a category 11A.

She'll be staying in it alone (unless a niece or a nephew "sleeps over" for a night) so she won't need the split bath.

You said your parents cabin was 8681 also without the split bath but on my deck plans that shows 8681 as a 10A (which has it).

She won't need the split bath but the size of your parent's cabin was nice so I'm wondering whether it was a 10 or an 11 and if I should move her to get the extra room?

Thanks!

Cabin 8681 is cat 10A and it had a split bath. Did I say it didn't? That was a mistake. Here are the photos of the split bath:

14037893809_b73e34ba39.jpg

Magical Porthole Stateroom by vshingl, on Flickr

14221245731_2a879ce902.jpg

Magical Porthole Stateroom by vshingl, on Flickr

Edited by LittleMissMagic

Ahh awesome, congrats on grad school! Smart to do it straight from graduating college. Would love to see you do a RCI mega ship, the review would be awesome!! :)

Thank you! I would love to sail a Royal Caribbean mega-ship, too! Ship-wise, Allure/Oasis is next on my list.

Finally got through the entire review!!

Thanks for sharing your experience! Great job!

Thanks for reading along!

Thank you everyone for reading along! I hope that I was able to provide a bit of entertainment, and perhaps a bit of advice on the Disney Fantasy. Your kind comments and encouragement are what push me to do bigger, better reviews each time.

I'll remain subscribed to this thread, so you can continue to ask questions here, or you can contact me through my website, Victoria on Vacation.

Since this is a Disney board, I figured I should invite you to join me on my Walt Disney World Independence Day Trip Report. We finally got to experience the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and we enjoyed the Fourth of July Fireworks, as well as the new Frozen fireworks at Hollywood Studios. It was a fun vacation!

Just stopping by to say thanks for another great photo review. I actually found this sort of in reverse this time. I was on Flickr looking around and saw that you had posted more cruise photos, so of course I came back over here to find the review. I just finished page 1, and will read through the rest of it soon.

I also LOVED your Disney pics from the 4th of July. You really do a great job with the nighttime shots.

Now, I have to go take another look at your Royal Princess review. Today I received motivation to book a cruise on the Regal Princess so I need to do some research. I was notified that a photo I submitted to their photo contest two years ago was selected to be displayed on the Regal. I am so excited and honored, and of course, now I simply MUST book a Regal Princess cruise :p

edit: P.S. Congratulations on your graduation! One of my friends has a son starting at Clemson next year.

Edited by Cruzin-K

Just stopping by to say thanks for another great photo review. I actually found this sort of in reverse this time. I was on Flickr looking around and saw that you had posted more cruise photos, so of course I came back over here to find the review. I just finished page 1, and will read through the rest of it soon.

I also LOVED your Disney pics from the 4th of July. You really do a great job with the nighttime shots.

Now, I have to go take another look at your Royal Princess review. Today I received motivation to book a cruise on the Regal Princess so I need to do some research. I was notified that a photo I submitted to their photo contest two years ago was selected to be displayed on the Regal. I am so excited and honored, and of course, now I simply MUST book a Regal Princess cruise :p

edit: P.S. Congratulations on your graduation! One of my friends has a son starting at Clemson next year.

I was wondering if you'd find me here!

CONGRATULATIONS on getting your artwork displayed on the Regal Princess!!! I remember looking at the artwork on the Royal Princess and thinking how cool it was for them to feature cruiser photos.

And thank you! So exciting that you know someone starting at Clemson! I hope that he grows to love the school as much as I do.

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much for doing this awesom review. I just booked the Fantasy last week as a surprise bday and xmas present for my 3 granddaughters. They all have birthdays in November and the youngest is turning 3 so I thought what a perfect gift. They have all been to Disney World twice and love it! I was torn between a land vacation or a cruise but Disney has some awesome Military rates so a cruise it is. I have been searching all over for information and I found your review. It was one of the best I have read on any cruise and your pictures are beautiful.

I have 2 questions -

Does the the ship have an internet cafe?

How would you compare the Breeze to the Fantasy?

Thank you so much for doing this awesom review. I just booked the Fantasy last week as a surprise bday and xmas present for my 3 granddaughters. They all have birthdays in November and the youngest is turning 3 so I thought what a perfect gift. They have all been to Disney World twice and love it! I was torn between a land vacation or a cruise but Disney has some awesome Military rates so a cruise it is. I have been searching all over for information and I found your review. It was one of the best I have read on any cruise and your pictures are beautiful.

I have 2 questions -

Does the the ship have an internet cafe?

How would you compare the Breeze to the Fantasy?

Yes, the Disney ships have internet cafes, and there is also wireless internet available onboard. I did not use the ship's internet, so I cannot comment on speed or accessibility.

Comparing the Breeze to the Fantasy... the Fantasy is superior in design and appearance. The detail throughout the ship is incredible. Disney Fantasy has more Broadway-like shows with extravagant sets, an exceptional cast, and original stories, while Carnival Breeze doesn't really have stage sets, but an LED screen that changes with the music. Dining on Breeze is traditional cruise ship dining with set dinner times, while the Disney Fantasy has set dinner times but rotational dining between three restaurants. Breeze has more water slides, but Disney Fantasy does have the Aqua Duck water coaster. Both have free adult-only pool decks, but on Fantasy the adult-only area has two pools.

I did a rating for the Breeze like I did on the Fantasy, and you can check out in more detail how the ship compares here - http://www.victoriaonvacation.com/2014/04/2014-carnival-breeze-southern-caribbean_29.html

• 1 month later...

Thanks you for such a great review! I'm definitely going to check out your blog. My husband and I recently booked a 7night Fantasy Eastern cruise in April with our friends who have two little girls. I love Disney and have sailed both the Magic and Wonder in 1999 and 2001, so it has been awhile. I was so excited to read your review so we know what we're getting ourselves into. I love Disney and spent my birthday in October there. We are also planning a Disney trip with our niece and nephew in 2016. I may like Disney a little too much for a woman without kids, but i know I'm not alone.

• 2 weeks later...

Great review with wonderful photos! We did the Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy in late March and had the same room category (we were in 8654) and also loved it. We did Palo brunch, which we enjoyed, but we feel no need to do it again personally.

Thanks for sharing!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, everyone! I've just returned from my Christmas Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Independence of the Seas, and I would like to invite you to join my trip report! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45168849&posted=1#post45168849

LittleMissMagic's Independence Christmas Cruise Photo Review