Difference btw. Signature Suite and Junior Suite?

New to HAL and in the process of booking a cruise on board Zuiderdam.

I am considering a Junior Suite or a Signature Suite. Is there any difference- the size is acording to the deck plan the same.

Thanks a lot for helping out a newbie

Michael

New to HAL and in the process of booking a cruise on board Zuiderdam.

I am considering a Junior Suite or a Signature Suite. Is there any difference- the size is acording to the deck plan the same.

Thanks a lot for helping out a newbie

Michael

I have been on the Zuiderdam twice, most recently this past March. To my knowledge, there is no category "Junior Suite." Can you tell us a few cabin numbers and someone will check them out for you.

Thank You Linda- I just saw, SS - is stated as Junior Suite! So it is the same! Junior Suite are SY SS and SZ or something the like!

I look foreward to my first HAL cruise- coming mostly from X- I can´t wait to see my very first HAL ship!

I gather Zuiderdam is much more colorfull then the newer Vista Class ships!

Thanks again for your help Linda!

Michael

I didn't know they called them "Junior suites" on Holland America ships. I know they have Junior suites on Royal Caribbean because I had one of those. Are they changing the names? I ask because I didn't see that category when I was researching for my cruise.

Thank You Linda- I just saw, SS - is stated as Junior Suite! So it is the same! Junior Suite are SY SS and SZ or something the like!

I look foreward to my first HAL cruise- coming mostly from X- I can´t wait to see my very first HAL ship!

I gather Zuiderdam is much more colorfull then the newer Vista Class ships!

Thanks again for your help Linda!

Michael

We love the Zuiderdam. I have heard the SY/SS/SZ suites are very nice. You will find lots of HAL info and Zuiderdam info, deck plans, etc on http://www.hollandamerica.com. Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Linda&Vern

I didn't know they called them "Junior suites" on Holland America ships.
HAL doesn't. Germancruiser must have been looking at a TA site which called the Signature suites "Junior".

To us the Signature Suites are just right. You will have a lot of space, a larger balcony and plenty of storage.

There are two wash basins in the bathroom and there is a free standing shower in addition to the tub, which has a second shower in it.

There are two desks, a large couch, coffee table and a couple of other chairs. The balcony will have four chairs, a tiny drink table and a large table suitable for having breakfast on your balcony. The bed is king sized.

To us the Signature Suites are just right. You will have a lot of space, a larger balcony and plenty of storage.

There are two wash basins in the bathroom and there is a free standing shower in addition to the tub, which has a second shower in it.

There are two desks, a large couch, coffee table and a couple of other chairs. The balcony will have four chairs, a tiny drink table and a large table suitable for having breakfast on your balcony. The bed is king sized.

Thanks so much for this. We have a Signature Suite booked for our winter cruise and we were wondering whether there would be a large table suitable for dining. We are so glad to hear that there is.

Thanks so much for this. We have a Signature Suite booked for our winter cruise and we were wondering whether there would be a large table suitable for dining. We are so glad to hear that there is.

The tables are not high -- you have to bend over to eat your meals.

Sapper1, Is this on all the ships? Most of the deck plans seen to save that the SS beds are queen sized.

It certainly was on the Z. We have a queen bed at home and the one we just had was so wide you didn't even know the other person was there.

It always seems that our SS beds are so much bigger than what we are used to. There may have been an instance where we had a smaller one but I can't recall it if we did.

We have had SS on the Eurodam, NA and the Zuiderdam.

Edited by sapper1

It certainly was on the Z. We have a queen bed at home and the one we just had was so wide you didn't even know the other person was there.

It always seems that our SS beds are so much bigger than what we are used to. There may have been an instance where we had a smaller one but I can't recall it if we did.

We have had SS on the Eurodam, NA and the Zuiderdam.

Thanks! I was just curious. I never measured the king sized bed in a Neptune Suite, but they do seem a little wider than our king size bed at home. - - And it's highly unlikely that we become narrower as we cruise. :)

I am sure there are plenty of nights when my DW wishes she had one of those beds where you didn't even know the other person was there.

You don't have to bend over to eat. The tables adjust up from underneath.

Ask your cabin steward to put an egg crate mat on the bed--it will alleviate the hardness! We had to have two egg crates mats on one crusie and still felt as though we were sleeping on concrete!

Debi

You don't have to bend over to eat. The tables adjust up from underneath.

Ask your cabin steward to put an egg crate mat on the bed--it will alleviate the hardness! We had to have two egg crates mats on one crusie and still felt as though we were sleeping on concrete!

Debi

The coffee tables in the SS on the Zuiderdam were not the adjustable type. They were a glass top table and not adjustable. You do have to bend to eat.