Category 4J?

talkorpi

Thanks. I'm looking forward to it. I'm a little nervous, I'm only 14 and I'm traveling with two 65 year olds. I don't want seating to be an issue. Do you think there would be room for me to move the trundle bed that I will be sleeping on against a wall to use as a sort of makeshift couch during the day?

That particular cabin is a handicap cabin so it is more spacious than the regular 4J cabins. Here's a link to check out a review from cruisers who stayed in that exact cabin on Triumph. It shows pictures of the cabin and also shows some type of couch or loveseat so the seating should be fine. :) Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1954105

We've booked our first 4J for a 21 day cruise. I hope we don't regret it. We've never been bothered by motion before, but, then again, we've never done this itinerary before. Since we will be in the cabin for 21 days, I wonder if the room steward could get us more seating. I guess it can't hurt to ask. Has anyone tried this?

Which one? We're booked in 1001 for those 21 days - we might be neighbours!

You most definitely can see in the cabin, both day and night if your curtains are not closed.

Umm, that might be ship dependant. We were in an oceanview spa on the Dream (which has the same window at the front of the ship) and people could not see in - despite their desparate attempts. We were surprised the first afternoon with 2 elderly ladies, pushing their faces right up to our window, cupping their hands around their faces, trying to peer in. They couldn't see anything.

I just wish more people would not book these cabins, I'm tired of not ever getting a price drop.

I wish people wouldn't book the accessible ones if they don't need them. I'm tired of not being able to find a cabin on the ship because they are all full.

Edited by meatloafsfan

How high so the winds get on the sea days?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Really just depends on the day. If it's too windy, access to the deck will be closed off.

Influenced by Martinis, read with caution

looking forward to the 4J on the Freedom this July. definitely a different cabin for us but the price difference from a balcony to this was almost $1000.

Same thing happened to us back in January on Freedom and $1,000 is just too much difference. We loved the 4J and would definitely sail in one again if we have the chance.

I wish people wouldn't book the accessible ones if they don't need them. I'm tired of not being able to find a cabin on the ship because they are all full.

Are you aware that non handicap guests will be moved to another cabin if it is needed by a handicap passenger.

DH and I have a 4J booked for the Freedom repo cruise, which is 12 days long. We've never booked a 4J before and I hope we like it. I'm a little nervous about movement, but excited about the secret deck. When they lock the doors because of wind, do they check to make sure nobody is out there first? I'd hate to be locked out!