Princess -- what does BLUE mean??

Booked on a Princess cruise -- booking shows me as ELITE -- but wife as BLUE??? Doesn't seem to be any such category as BLUE??

Any ideas please

Barry

Blue is a first time cruiser on princess, if your wife has cruised the same as you just contact princess

Barry here are the benefits https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/memberShipBenefitsForProspect.jsp

Edited by rkmw

The only blue I know is that Blue cruise card are for first time cruisers.

After your first Princess cruise you become Gold and then move up through the ranks to Elite which is black .

Blue, Gold , Ruby, Platinum (Grey) , Elite (Black)

A phone call should sort it all out.:)

Hi Barry

To obtain Elite, you would have had to have done 16+ Cruises or 151+ days at sea. Unless you did a lot of cruising with Princess prior to 2007, your membership level (and its a good one with some really good perks) would come from your P&O Cruising. Princess Captain's circle levels can include any cruise's done on P&O Australia or P&O UK.

"Blue" as stated above means you haven't cruised before with Princess (or P&O). You can tell first time cruises on board by their Blue cards, or blue name tags next to their suite numbers. If your wife travelled with you on your previous cruise list, then she either has not had the cruises recognised on her membership, or incorrect membership details have been provided etc. Quick call to the cruise line(s) will correct that.

Enjoy your Princess cruise :D

Barry, is this your wife's first Princess cruise? :confused:

Good news is since she'll be in the same cabin with you, she can go do anything you can as an Elite when she is with you. :)

LuLu

I believe they both have the same cruising history. They have done an 'Around the World' plus numerous other cruises so I'm sure they are both entitled to Elite status.

As someone else said, a simple phone call to the Captain's Circle section of Princess in Sydney will sort it all out. :)

Thanks all -- yes , my wife has cruised with me before (at least , I think it was my wife -- I am getting older by the day) So she is just a bit miffed to see that she is only BLUE while I am ELITE. :) Of course , I am ELITE, I said to her - I already knew that and I thought that you did too?? !!!

We are travelling with a group of 36 :eek::eek: - so I will talk to the TA about it.

Barry

Happened to us - we are only gold - but I worked it out that the "lead name" in the cabin got the "Gold" the second person stayed blue - a Princess quick call - fixed it all. :p

Same thing happened with Costa - that's how I first worked it out. (Wow... I'm a genius - no comments please ;)

Happened to us - we are only gold - but I worked it out that the "lead name" in the cabin got the "Gold" the second person stayed blue - a Princess quick call - fixed it all. :p

Same thing happened with Costa - that's how I first worked it out. (Wow... I'm a genius - no comments please ;)

Yeah, happened to us on our last cruise also. Picked it up when checking the cruise personaliser. Quick call to TA fixed it (wrong CC numbers I think it was..?).

Thanks all -- yes , my wife has cruised with me before (at least , I think it was my wife -- I am getting older by the day) So she is just a bit miffed to see that she is only BLUE while I am ELITE. :) Of course , I am ELITE, I said to her - I already knew that and I thought that you did too?? !!!

We are travelling with a group of 36 :eek::eek: - so I will talk to the TA about it.

Barry

:D Thanks, I was wondering who had taken all of those other cruises with you.

I thought you had a new wife. :rolleyes:

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

bazzaw have you guys done a Princess cruise before??, if not then you will both be blue for this cruise then after that you will be Elite on your next Princess cruises.

Wouldn't they receive credit for their P&O cruises? I did.

bazzaw have you guys done a Princess cruise before??, if not then you will both be blue for this cruise then after that you will be Elite on your next Princess cruises.

This is what I thought -- BUT Cruise Personaliser is showing me as ELITE

We have done around 170 days with P&O AUS and UK and 36 with Cunard ( but I don't think that counts)

I don't want to upset the apple cart -- frankly we probably won't use the benefits that much . My wife is a bit old fashioned regarding the use of laundries onboard and we have survived without professional laundry for the past 230 days at sea , free Internet was good when we were on Cunard ships for 32 days but don't know if I will use it much on a cruise to NZ, free Wine tasting is good for me , wife doesn't drink, priority tender embarkation would be good - but don't know how many ports in NZ will use a tender.

Don't want to upset the apple cart by reminding them that this will be both our first cruise with Princess - instead of my wife being upgraded, I might be downgraded !! :)

Barry

Edited by bazzaw

stu its all changed now, people can do 20 p&o cruises and go straight to elite on princess which Barry has done

stu its all changed now, people can do 20 p&o cruises and go straight to elite on princess which Barry has done

That is correct. It was changed probably close to two years ago. I can remember telling Sandy about it before their first Princess cruise (after they had cruised several times with P&O). They went straight to Platinum (I think it was Platinum) with Princess on their first Princess cruise.

Barry - Can I suggest you phone the Captain's Circle person at the Princess office in Sydney. Without giving your full name or Captain's Circle number, ask the hypothetical question - whether a person who has done many cruises with P&O and is going on their first Princess cruise starts off with a blue card or with the loyalty level applicable to their number of cruise nights. If you get the answer you want, then you can give them your personal info and get your wife's status changed.:)

Edited by Aus Traveller

priority tender embarkation would be good - but don't know how many ports in NZ will use a tender.

Depends if your doing the cruise from Brisbane or Sydney and how long the cruise is and when.

There is only 3 tender Ports in NZ, Bay of Islands, Gisborne and Akaroa that Princess go to.

That is correct. It was changed probably close to two years ago. I can remember telling Sandy about it before their first Princess cruise (after they had cruised several times with P&O). They went straight to Platinum (I think it was Platinum) with Princess on their first Princess cruise.

Barry - Can I suggest you phone the Captain's Circle person at the Princess office in Sydney. Without giving your full name or Captain's Circle number, ask the hypothetical question - whether a person who has done many cruises with P&O and is going on their first Princess cruise starts off with a blue card or with the loyalty level applicable to their number of cruise nights. If you get the answer you want, then you can give them your personal info and get your wife's status changed.:)

if your wife has done the same amount of cruises as you i would ring the captains circle and give your wifes CC number and they should fix it up straight away

We have done around 170 days with P&O AUS and UK and 36 with Cunard ( but I don't think that counts)

I don't want to upset the apple cart -- frankly we probably won't use the benefits that much . My wife is a bit old fashioned regarding the use of laundries onboard and we have survived without professional laundry for the past 230 days at sea , free Internet was good when we were on Cunard ships for 32 days but don't know if I will use it much on a cruise to NZ, free Wine tasting is good for me , wife doesn't drink, priority tender embarkation would be good - but don't know how many ports in NZ will use a tender.

Don't want to upset the apple cart by reminding them that this will be both our first cruise with Princess - instead of my wife being upgraded, I might be downgraded !! :)

Barry

Priority embarkation, tendering and Captain's Cocktail Party for Elites alone are well worth getting your records changed. In addition with free internet, you could do a "live from"!

150 days will get you both Elite.

Priority embarkation, tendering and Captain's Cocktail Party for Elites alone are well worth getting your records changed. In addition with free internet, you could do a "live from"!

150 days will get you both Elite.

priority tendering is only leaving the ship, not returning and being invited to the most travelled luncheon is good but you have to be in the top 40 on the cruise....you do receive priority disembaking too

Barry

Do a lot of research before you actually call them;)

Do a lot of research before you actually call them;)

what research would Barry need to do, once you complete 15 cruises or 150 days on p&o you would be elite on princess....a quick phone call to CC would give his wife the same status

what research would Barry need to do, once you complete 15 cruises or 150 days on p&o you would be elite on princess....a quick phone call to CC would give his wife the same status

Judging by his last post he is not so sure of this himself, even though you have already mentioned it to be true!

I for one would not take the word of anyone on CC without doing my own research to back it up.

Wasnt it also mentioned by another poster that your first Princess will be Blue even with P&O days?

Two conflicting correct advise posts:confused:

Judging by his last post he is not so sure of this himself, even though you have already mentioned it to be true!

I for one would not take the word of anyone on CC without doing my own research to back it up.

Wasnt it also mentioned by another poster that your first Princess will be Blue even with P&O days?

Two conflicting correct advise posts:confused:

a quick call to captains circle will put him right

priority tendering is only leaving the ship, not returning and being invited to the most travelled luncheon is good but you have to be in the top 40 on the cruise....you do receive priority disembaking too

Some people have even scored an invitation to the luncheon with fewer than 151 days cruising. :) It all depends on who else is on the ship. Longer cruises usually attract a higher proportion of long-time cruisers.