Copenhagen Oceankaj (Quay C330) transportation questions

C190 is Langeliniekaj so you can walk in 10-15 minutes time to Nyhavn if you just follow the quays all the way in.

Or else you can take bus 26 from Indiakaj just at the bottom of Langeliniekaj.

It runs every 20th minute.

I was too in that mess on May 23, we used the ship excursion with Celebrity (Royal Copenhagen with airport transfer). Our call time was at 9am and it took us more than an hour for that 2 mile stretch. We should have gone to 2 palaces but the tour guide decided that we should visit only 1. A friend of mine who used the taxi to the center was charged 80 euros due to traffic for that short distance. Good thing that our flight was 4pm and we made it on time, I was thinking of those people who booked early flights out of Copenhagen if they have made it. For those who haven't booked flights out of Copenhagen I suggest spend a day after disembarkation or take a night flight.

I contacted Cruise Copenhagen network and they indicated bus 26 is NOT running on the weekends but the shuttle to Osterport station is running instead.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Bus number 26 runs Mon-Fri, and you can always check the schedule on http://www.rejseplanen.dk.

During the weekends, there will be shuttles going from Ocean Quay to Østerport Station. Here the passengers will be able to catch a train or a bus going further. There will be around 3 shuttles every hour, all depending on how busy it is.

I hope this answers your questions. Otherwise please feel free to contact us again.

Best Regards

Hildur Juliusdottir

Marketing Assistant

Cruise Copenhagen Network

Nørregade 7B

1165 Copenhagen K

Denmark

Edited by movc

I've also contacted Cruise Copenhagen and been told the same thing about bus 26 not running to C330 on weekends. However, they've also confirmed for me that the weekend shuttle is considered part of the public transportation system so that a City Pass or Copenhagen Card is valid for it. I was glad to see this, considering how pricey the shuttle fare is on its own.

The guy that I was in contact with from the port authority told me that the bus was only running when the ships arrive between 8 and 10 in the morning.

Do any of you that has been in contact with Cruise Copenhagen Network know if this is true.

I've also contacted Cruise Copenhagen and been told the same thing about bus 26 not running to C330 on weekends. However, they've also confirmed for me that the weekend shuttle is considered part of the public transportation system so that a City Pass or Copenhagen Card is valid for it. I was glad to see this, considering how pricey the shuttle fare is on its own.

Does that mean if we have a 24-Kr two zone ticket we can use it for this shuttle on weekend?

Thanks for checking into this.

Hello All,

I first want to thank everyone that has provided their experience to help the rest of us to navigate and to make disembarking easier.

I keep seeing everyone experiences with getting off the ship at 8-9am or so. Does anyone have any experiences or friends that got of the ship early am like 6-630?

We will be on the Royal Princess and disembarking at C330. Later in the morning is when two other ships will be coming into port. but by then (fingers crossed we should not still be there) Our flight is at 9:55am (princess said earliest flight should not be before 9:30am) we have booked the princess transfer and we should be leaving the ship at 6:15-6:30 am for the transfer to the airport. Has anyone had any experience with this? I would think the traffic situation would be different at this time. It is also a Saturday (aug 30th) so do the construction workers work on the weekend? Is there still a ton of commute on a Saturday?

Thank you for all of your help!

Ashley

The lorries will still be there because the cruise terminal is located on reclaimed land from among others the new metro lines and they are still expanding this new port area.

They are also building the metro in the weekend so I would assume that they will have lorries running in gthe weekend also.

But now there are shuttle busses running all morning to take the top of the rush and the police will guide the traffic on the most busiest day.

I contacted Cruise Copenhagen network and they indicated bus 26 is NOT running on the weekends but the shuttle to Osterport station is running instead.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Bus number 26 runs Mon-Fri, and you can always check the schedule on http://www.rejseplanen.dk.

During the weekends, there will be shuttles going from Ocean Quay to Østerport Station. Here the passengers will be able to catch a train or a bus going further. There will be around 3 shuttles every hour, all depending on how busy it is.

I hope this answers your questions. Otherwise please feel free to contact us again.

Best Regards

Hildur Juliusdottir

Marketing Assistant

Cruise Copenhagen Network

Nørregade 7B

1165 Copenhagen K

Denmark

How much is the shuttle? And where do u buy tixs for it? or is payment accepted onboard shuttle. We have 1150a flt out and ship arrives sat 7/12 at 7a. We r first of 3 ships arriving to port this day. So we take shuttle to osterport and then train tl airport?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

The lorries will still be there because the cruise terminal is located on reclaimed land from among others the new metro lines and they are still expanding this new port area.

They are also building the metro in the weekend so I would assume that they will have lorries running in gthe weekend also.

But now there are shuttle busses running all morning to take the top of the rush and the police will guide the traffic on the most busiest day.

Danish Viking .. What are "lorries"?

The movia Shuttle is for all regular tickets, so IF you are havde ading for downtown its a 2 zone ticket costing 24 kroner.

If you however are going to the airport its a 3 zone ticket costing 36 kroner.

Silly question .. we need the 3 zone ticket and we won't have the Copenhagen card AFTER the cruise ... 1) can we buy a tix at the pier .. or 2) can we buy it ahead of time and hold it for that morning of debarkation?? Thinkg we buy one at the train station the day we leave and hold onto it until the day of debarkation. Does this work? or are tixs time stamped/dated?

I am actually not sure if you can buy a ticket in advance, but there will be no advantages in doing so.

But it doesn't harm anyone if you ask at the ticket sales. :-)

The ticket for the airport can also be paid in euro (3,5€) or dollars (5$) if it helps you.

Edited by Danish viking

Thanks Danish Viking! question...what is the motiva??? is that the name of the shuttle at the pier? worried we have an 1150a flt home 7/12 sat. Want to have a game plan so i dont worry about how we r gettg back to airport.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Here was our experience debarking the morning of Friday, May 23. We were on the Celebrity Infinity, and wanted to take public transportation to our post-cruise hotel (Bella Sky). Being experienced travellers, we had researched our options: bus #26 to Kongens Nytorv then metro, with a backup plan B to take a taxi to the Nordhavn train station if the bus was unavailable. We travel relatively lightly, and had one roller suitcase plus one rolling carry-on. (Total, not each. Yes ladies, you can do this too!)

We arrived in bright sunshine at C330 Terminal 3 sometime after 7am, with our debarkation at 8am-ish. Two other ships were already berthed, the Royal Princess and HAL Eurodam. From our balcony we could see heavy construction trucks working at an unfinished area far beyond C330. They looked to be bringing in fill for a new pier, not connected to C330. Little did we know that that was a foreboding omen.

Terminal 3 is the furthest out of the three cruise buildings, but walkable to the #26 bus stop. When we got to the stop, there were already about 30 people queuing, all with luggage of various sizes. One bus arrived after about a half-hour, and seemed to only take about 15 folks on board with all their luggage. Not great given this was the terminus for the (empty) bus.

OK onto plan B. Many taxis were coming into the area along the only port road, but none would stop for us. We walked back to Terminal 1, and saw the massive queue for taxis. This was even worse than the bus line, so we hauled ourselves back to the bus stop... where the line had grown to maybe 50 people. Although we weren't time constrained, we didn't want to spend our morning waiting for a bus either.

We decided to walk. There were sidewalks for almost all of the route, and occasionally we'd roll along the bike paths when that was easier. It is quite a journey on foot, maybe 30-45 minutes depending on your fitness level. We encountered incoming taxis and buses marked "Ikkerute" (out of service?). We passed some other cruisers who walked partway and needed a rest, plus beat all the traffic on the road out. Read that again: we walked past all the other traffic, taxis, HOHO buses, and the #26 bus. The problem was a huge traffic jam caused by the construction trucks coming off a side road which had right-of-way over the port road. This snarled all the outgoing port traffic for at least a kilometer. Nothing was moving outbound, except us (albeit slowly) and some locals on bicycles.

Once out of the port area, there was good signage to the Nordhavn train station, through an underpass and maybe another 200m south following the elevated train tracks. At the station we could purchase tickets via an automated machine, which strangely did not require a PIN. I had planned to buy the 72-hr passes, but they didn't seem to available, so got 2-zone klippekorts instead. (These worked out well for the rest of our 3 days in Copenhagen.) A 10-minute ride to Norreport and a 10-minute metro ride got us to our hotel at around 9:30am.

Takeaways from all this?

(1) Until the port authorities fix this problem, do not plan a time-constrained transfer. Since all traffic must proceed along the one port road, nothing gets out if it's clogged--not taxis, not buses, not shuttles. Then the only options are walking, and maybe biking.

(2) Try to do the transfer when the road isn't slammed. We talked with a couple from the Eurodam, and they said the previous day there was no serious delay getting around on the #26 bus. So the problem seems to vary with time of day, and likely the number of ships in port.

(3) Copenhagen's public transport system is great, even with their limited metro lines. We didn't have any difficulties using the buses, metro, or s-tog trains, other than this sobering initial ordeal. Note that there is construction going on all through downtown Copenhagen due to the new metro stations; Kongens Nytorv is definately not a photo opportunity.

(4) Pack light. Have a plan C.

This will be helpful for our late September cruise out of C330! I will be making note on my tablet!

Hi everyone -

So looking at this thread I have a couple questions...

1) It appears bus #26 is running on the weekend? We are leaving from C330 on a Saturday so I wanted to check. We are staying near the main train station - does anyone know if there is a bus stop near there? If we have to take a taxi from train station to C330...approx. cost?

2) When we come back we need to take a taxi to the airport. Will calling ahead for one truly make a difference? If so, any reputable recommendations from anyone for a company? Est. cost of a taxi?

3) Randomly we are flying to Amsterdam once we leave Copenhagen...anyone know what terminal that would most likely be in?

Thanks in advance everyone!