Copenhagen Oceankaj (Quay C330) transportation questions

Thanks GradUT - I agree! There's a company - Airluggage - that offers port pick up of luggage so we are going to have them pick up and deliver our luggage to our hotel and then we are free to sight see until we check in. That's our plan right now :)

Without the luggage, you should be fine using public transporation with the kiddos.

Thanks GradUT - I agree! There's a company - Airluggage - that offers port pick up of luggage so we are going to have them pick up and deliver our luggage to our hotel and then we are free to sight see until we check in. That's our plan right now :)

I looked at the Airluggage website, and there wasn't any mention of picking up luggage from the cruise port - just from hotels and Airbnbs; did I misunderstand? I'd love to have them pick up our luggage from the port and bring it to our hotel.

I looked at the Airluggage website, and there wasn't any mention of picking up luggage from the cruise port - just from hotels and Airbnbs; did I misunderstand? I'd love to have them pick up our luggage from the port and bring it to our hotel.

There's a spot on their page that says 'cruise passengers email us' (or something similar). When I emailed them they said it was a service they are offering. It may be new or have limited availability. You could try emailing them to see if it's available when you're interested.

There's a spot on their page that says 'cruise passengers email us' (or something similar). When I emailed them they said it was a service they are offering. It may be new or have limited availability. You could try emailing them to see if it's available when you're interested.

Thanks this is super useful I hadn't thought there would be a service like this. On the webpage on the menu there is an option for cruise passengers.

Help! I've been reading through this thread, but I'm confused as to how to get a 24 hr city pass to use after the cruise. I won't have a phone activated to be able to buy the pass online while in Copenhagen. Is it possible to buy the pass at the airport when we fly in before the cruise but not use it until after the cruise?

Help! I've been reading through this thread, but I'm confused as to how to get a 24 hr city pass to use after the cruise. I won't have a phone activated to be able to buy the pass online while in Copenhagen. Is it possible to buy the pass at the airport when we fly in before the cruise but not use it until after the cruise?

If you are referring to the Copenhagen Card, you can have the card mailed to you at home and then you do not activate it until you are ready to do so in Copenhagen by filling in the date and time you first use the card. See the following conditions of the Copenhagen Card:

http://www.copenhagencard.com/prices-and-conditions

If you are referring to the Copenhagen Card, you can have the card mailed to you at home and then you do not activate it until you are ready to do so in Copenhagen by filling in the date and time you first use the card. See the following conditions of the Copenhagen Card:

http://www.copenhagencard.com/prices-and-conditions

No, I am referring to the 24 hour transportation pass.

I May have to get back to you on this matter, the website doesn't say any thing about it.

I'm guessing that since we don't use the validating machines anymore (sorry don't know the english Word for that) then I think that the citypass will be valid from when you buy it.

But I will look it up.

So, it was as suspected.

The ticket is valid from the time of purchase, so the only option is the more expensive Copenhagen or to get is as a test massage on your phone.

Thank you for checking this out for me.

Just a small correction.

"so the only option is the more expensive Copenhagen or to get is as a test massage on your phone."

Should of course be

so the only option is the more expensive Copenhagen Card or to get is as a text message on your phone.

Its funny to write in english on a danish mobile phone. :-)

• 1 month later...

My question as I have seen many different ways.....how do I get from the airport to the cruise terminal? Do I need to take a bus? Can you walk in? I have seen get off on Nordhavn st and follow the blue line walking and 3 different buses.....I just want to be sure which is the best way. Thank you.

So, it was as suspected.

The ticket is valid from the time of purchase, so the only option is the more expensive Copenhagen or to get is as a test massage on your phone.

Hi. I think I am now confused. I won't have a mobile while in Copenhagen either, but having looked through the website for transportation in Copenhagen, I had thought that I would be able to buy the 24 hr City Pass at the airport--and then once you do, it is activated at good for the 24 hours from that time. Is this correct, or am I mistaken. And thanks so much for all of your information on this thread Danish Viking--it's been amazingly useful!!!

My question as I have seen many different ways.....how do I get from the airport to the cruise terminal? Do I need to take a bus? Can you walk in? I have seen get off on Nordhavn st and follow the blue line walking and 3 different buses.....I just want to be sure which is the best way. Thank you.

Page 1 in my 2017 edition of the Copenhagen thread has all the info.

But just some notes.

The blue line from Nordhavn station was to the old freeport terminal but that is 3-4 years ago so where you find that info is a good question.

Oceankaj is a healthy 40-50 minute walk away from Nordhavn station so walking is not an option.

And there is only 2 busses, not 3.

It's line 25 and 27.

But check my thread for more info.

Hi. I think I am now confused. I won't have a mobile while in Copenhagen either, but having looked through the website for transportation in Copenhagen, I had thought that I would be able to buy the 24 hr City Pass at the airport--and then once you do, it is activated at good for the 24 hours from that time. Is this correct, or am I mistaken. And thanks so much for all of your information on this thread Danish Viking--it's been amazingly useful!!!

The card you activate at first use is the Copenhagen Card.

The city pass is only for transportation.

The card you activate at first use is the Copenhagen Card.

The city pass is only for transportation.

Thank you, sorry I wasn't clear. I realize that the city pass is only for transportation--I just want to clarify that I can purchase it at the airport upon arrival into Copenhagen, correct? We fly in pre cruise and would like to have it for the day before we cruise.

Thanks so much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes you can buy the city pass at the airport but it will still be valid by the time of purchase unless you buy it on your mobile phone.

The difference is that on the Copenhagen Card you write down the date and time yourself.

Yes you can buy the city pass at the airport but it will still be valid by the time of purchase unless you buy it on your mobile phone.

The difference is that on the Copenhagen Card you write down the date and time yourself.

That's perfect! We want to be able to purchase it then and use it then, so that works. Thanks so much for your help and clarification!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again for your prompt response. Much appreciated !

We need to go to the airport after our cruise. Is there a direct bus we can get from the Port ? Is that Bus 5C or what do you suggest? Where do we get on it and how much is the ticket ? Thanks again...sorry this may be answered before but I cannot find the info.

You could take the 5C bus from Nørreport but it will take to much time.

You have 2 options

Take bus 25 or 27 to Østerport and take the airport train from there.

Or continue on the 25 bus to Nørreport and take the M2 metro from there.

But the metro can get really crowded in the rush hours, 7 to 9 in the morning and 15 to 17 in the evening.

Thanks for the prompt reply. You mean that there is NO direct bus from the Cruise Port to the Airport ? If not, the option would be taking Bus 25 to Norreport and take M2 from there to airport. I can just get a 3 sections ticket on the bus for the trip ie.36 Danish Krone. Is this correct ?

So reading this thread has definitely made me nervous. We are also schedule to dock in Oceankaj (Quay 331?) at the end of our cruise on September 12. We are a group of 6 and will be staying overnight at the Absalon. We are due to port at 8am & I booked a walking tour at 11 that leaves from the City Hall Steps, Radhuspladsen. We obviously need to get from the ship to the hotel to drop off our bags before getting to the starting point for the tour. I thought we had more than enough time to do this but now not so sure. Assuming we can get off the ship by 9, what is our best option for transport from port to hotel that will get us there with enough time to check in & get out? How far is it from the Absalon to the City Hall Steps? Danish Viking please come to the rescue [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums