Copenhagen Oceankaj (Quay C330) transportation questions

Yes Oceankaj is the one, the bus stop is called UNICEF.

You can buy your 3 zone ticket at the airport for 36 kroner and its valid for the whole trip.

But drop the metro.

Take any Øresund train towards Nivå or Helsingør and get off at Østerport station.

The cruise shuttle goes from the bus stop that says "26 Holdeplads"

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%C3%98sterport.pdf

The above was my plan for Saturday 23 August Costa Luminosa sailing, but now see rain in the forecast and prefer not to walk with luggage in the rain from the bus stop to the terminal building (never been to Copenhagen before so uncertain of exact distances, covered walkways, sidewalks, etc.). Just substitute a taxi for Bus 26?

The Costa website says to change trains and go to Nordhavn and take taxi from there. Wonder if savings in taxi fare (for 2 pax) from Nordhavn instead of Osterport warrants a train connection. Your thoughts?

Edited by LBCABob
added text missing from original post.

Thank you so much, treesah.

Was it hard to get a taxi? Somebody recommends to catch it at a bigger station like Osterport. I would just do exactly what you did if it is not hard to get a taxi.

Thanks again!!

We arrived at Oceankaj Terminal 1 yesterday morning and there were loads of taxis waiting for passengers disembarking. There was no queuing.

Following this thread. Coming into Oceankaj next May on cruise, and need help for 7 of us. Cruiseline charges $40pp to get to CPH. Is this our best bet? We'll have 2 elderly folks with sight problems, so don't think walking will be our best bet. And lots of luggage for 7. Are there shuttle buses that you can book ahead of time or should we just stay with cruiseline? And we don't mind 2 taxi's but wonder if we wind up waiting on traffic, how expensive that might be. :)

Following this thread. Coming into Oceankaj next May on cruise, and need help for 7 of us. Cruiseline charges $40pp to get to CPH. Is this our best bet? We'll have 2 elderly folks with sight problems, so don't think walking will be our best bet. And lots of luggage for 7. Are there shuttle buses that you can book ahead of time or should we just stay with cruiseline? And we don't mind 2 taxi's but wonder if we wind up waiting on traffic, how expensive that might be. :)

We paid about $35 for taxi from Oceankaj Terminal 1 to the Central Railway Station for 2 of us and luggage. There were minibuses seating 7 people waiting to pick up larger parties, no doubt they will be more expensive but it should be still cheaper than paying $40pp to the cruise line.

We paid about $35 for taxi from Oceankaj Terminal 1 to the Central Railway Station for 2 of us and luggage. There were minibuses seating 7 people waiting to pick up larger parties, no doubt they will be more expensive but it should be still cheaper than paying $40pp to the cruise line.

May I ask..is the Central Railway Station any where close to airport? Someone told me that you would have to book a van ahead of time online, and I'm a little leery on that one as expensive as they are, and just not knowing if they are legitimate. And are there plenty of taxi's and vans lined up? Seems like my best bet might just be 2 taxis. Thanks so much for any helps!:)

If I may assist by giving some more details?

Personally, I would take a taxi on Bernstoffsgade, right outside the pillars of the train station opposite the side entrance of Tivoli. Much less fuss.

But if you want to go by train:

Go to Rejseplanen.dk and choose the English version. Key in FROM:'Copenhagen Central Station' and TO: 'Kastrup Lufthavn' (yes it is odd - 'Airport' confuses the search engine, so please use the Danish word).

It is best to pay online. Buying at the station is NOT AN OPTION. Just so you know. Like standing in line to the Eiffel Tower.

Its on platform 5, takes 12 minutes with two stops, Ørestad and Tårnby, before you reach the Airport - in an underground station.

But you can have a more fun ride by taking the Metro. København H is not a part of the Metro grid. But if you are at Copenhagen CT/København H, go two stops north (all northbound trains will do), to:

Nørreport.

First underground level is the ordinary S-Tog lines, which is where you will arrive. Next level down is the Metro, there are signs to show you where to go. Or just ask anyone.

When down there you discover a much more modern train station.

There are only two Metro lines in Copenhagen.You want M2, the green one - Kastrup Lufthavn - Airport

Have a wonderful journey home!

Klaus

Edited by foto451

It takes 12-15 minutes by train to the airport from the central station.

Thanks so much Danish Viking!

If I may assist by giving some more details?

Personally, I would take a taxi on Bernstoffsgade, right outside the pillars of the train station opposite the side entrance of Tivoli. Much less fuss.

But if you want to go by train:

Go to Rejseplanen.dk and choose the English version. Key in FROM:'Copenhagen Central Station' and TO: 'Kastrup Lufthavn' (yes it is odd - 'Airport' confuses the search engine, so please use the Danish word).

It is best to pay online. Buying at the station is NOT AN OPTION. Just so you know. Like standing in line to the Eiffel Tower.

Its on platform 5, takes 12 minutes with two stops, Ørestad and Tårnby, before you reach the Airport - in an underground station.

But you can have a more fun ride by taking the Metro. København H is not a part of the Metro grid. But if you are at Copenhagen CT/København H, go two stops north (all northbound trains will do), to:

Nørreport.

First underground level is the ordinary S-Tog lines, which is where you will arrive. Next level down is the Metro, there are signs to show you where to go. Or just ask anyone.

When down there you discover a much more modern train station.

There are only two Metro lines in Copenhagen.You want M2, the green one - Kastrup Lufthavn - Airport

Have a wonderful journey home!

Klaus

You are so kind! Thanks! I'm thinking with all the luggage and the elderly in-laws, a taxi or shuttle bus might be the way we have to go. I guess 2 taxi's if I can't find a large van to hold all of us? While I would love to hit the Metro, It's pretty hard managing the older folks with their luggage, and they both have vision problems. Plus all the luggage. Everyone will have a carry on, a personal item, and we'll have probably 2 or 3 checked bags. Seems a lot to me for the Metro. I'm keeping this information though, just in case!:)

Btw I don't like to correct people but Foto451 is not correct.

Paying online for a train ticket will require you to print out a ticket and I'm not even sure if it's possible to buy a ticket that are valid for the capital region online.

But there are many many many ticket machines at the central station and the airport where its possible to buy a 3 zone ticket to the train, the price is only 36 kroner compared to around 250-300 kroner for a taxi.

Just a short notice:

Google Streetview is now available of the Oceankaj.

We saw the Streetviewcar at our disembarcation day (June 26, Eurodam). I checked google maps several times - and today I noticed, that pictures are available:

https://www.google.com/maps/@55.717919,12.62866,3a,75y,116.38h,91.38t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sLMD8RF4lJ15VBwv-XVBwfw!2e0!6m1!1e1

Just a short notice:

Google Streetview is now available of the Oceankaj.

We saw the Streetviewcar at our disembarcation day (June 26, Eurodam). I checked google maps several times - and today I noticed, that pictures are available:

https://www.google.com/maps/@55.717919,12.62866,3a,75y,116.38h,91.38t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sLMD8RF4lJ15VBwv-XVBwfw!2e0!6m1!1e1

Thank you for this!!! Really nice to have a visual of what the port looks like and what to expect! :)

• 2 months later...

Hi, we are disembarking May 2015 at the Oceankaj terminal and spending 3 nights in Copenhagen. I have done some research and found that we can catch the no. 26 bus (we arrive on a Monday) to central station. We are staying close to Bella Center station so do you think the best value ticket for us is the 72 hour ticket as we will be using the metro to go downtown quite a bit in that time, plus we need to get to the airport on our last day. Also, if we catch the no. 26 bus where is the best place to get off to get to Bella Center? My final question Danish Viking (or anyone else who knows) is can I purchase the 72 hour ticket at Oceankaj?

We will be arriving at Oceankaj for the day on Sat, May 2 aboard the Regal Princess. Am trying to plan a day of sightseeing in CPH but I have seen conflicting information regarding bus 26 running on Saturday, either at all or not including Unicef on the Saturday route. Does anyone know the schedule and route on Saturday? Has the bottleneck with construction in the port area eased?

Hi, we are disembarking May 2015 at the Oceankaj terminal and spending 3 nights in Copenhagen. I have done some research and found that we can catch the no. 26 bus (we arrive on a Monday) to central station. We are staying close to Bella Center station so do you think the best value ticket for us is the 72 hour ticket as we will be using the metro to go downtown quite a bit in that time, plus we need to get to the airport on our last day. Also, if we catch the no. 26 bus where is the best place to get off to get to Bella Center? My final question Danish Viking (or anyone else who knows) is can I purchase the 72 hour ticket at Oceankaj?

You get off the bus at Kongens Nytorv from here you take metro line M1 towards Vestamager and get off at the Bella Center station.

From the hotel to the airport you just take the metro (again towards vestamager) and change to the airport train at Ørestad station.

It's the next stop from Bella Center so don't get to comfortable. :D

The city pass is good value and does cover transport to the as airport as well so its good money spend.

Remember that each trip you take cost you 24 kroner so only after 3 trips the city pass has earned itself.

We will be arriving at Oceankaj for the day on Sat, May 2 aboard the Regal Princess. Am trying to plan a day of sightseeing in CPH but I have seen conflicting information regarding bus 26 running on Saturday, either at all or not including Unicef on the Saturday route. Does anyone know the schedule and route on Saturday? Has the bottleneck with construction in the port area eased?

Yes there where dome start hiccups and I was ashamed.

But reading the member reviews here on this site makes me think that thinks are working out there. :D

They slowly realized that public busses was a part of the solution and after the first month or so they introduced shuttle busses between Oceankaj and Østerport station on days when cruise ships was in port.

This shuttle bus was also in service on weekends.

I do hope and think that the situation will be the same next year because they are currently building alot of offices and apartments and 2 metro stations (opening in 2019) at the location of the old cruise terminal so more and more people is going to need a bus so the frequencies will be better in the coming years.

Also the port was awarded as the best European cruise port this year in front of Barcelona, Istanbul and Tallinn and the new terminal was one of the reasons so I think the bad start was just that.

• 2 months later...

We will arrive at Copenhagen airport and need to go to Oceankaj on May 2 for the Regal Princess cruise. Accdg to google maps, we can take the M2 to Kongens Nytorv St then take the bus #26. then walk a kilometer to Oceankaj. Is this route practical to do? I read in the earlier post that the recommendation was to take the train instead of the Metro. What is the difference between the 2 in terms of cost and accessibility? In terms of purchasing tickets, which one will be most convenient?

Thanks in advance

Josephine

No no no :D

Bus 26 doesn't go out to Nordhavnen in the weekends.

Instead you take the Øresund train (direction Nivå, Østerport or Helsingør) and get off at Østerport.

From here a special shuttle also called 26 will take you to Oceankaj between 08:00 and 16:00.

The Bus will depart from Østerport station, Sløjfen, you will find it by walking in the opposite direction of the ticket hall.

At the end of the platform there is a pedestrian bridge where you walk to you right.

If you need to use an elevator then walk up to the ticket hall, turn left around the station and you will find the bus stop a little bit down the road on you left hand.

Don't use the bus stop on the street as the shuttle don't stop there.

I will post a more detailed google map so you can see it for yourself.

Yes there where dome start hiccups and I was ashamed.

But reading the member reviews here on this site makes me think that thinks are working out there. :D

They slowly realized that public busses was a part of the solution and after the first month or so they introduced shuttle busses between Oceankaj and Østerport station on days when cruise ships was in port.

This shuttle bus was also in service on weekends.

I do hope and think that the situation will be the same next year because they are currently building alot of offices and apartments and 2 metro stations (opening in 2019) at the location of the old cruise terminal so more and more people is going to need a bus so the frequencies will be better in the coming years.

Also the port was awarded as the best European cruise port this year in front of Barcelona, Istanbul and Tallinn and the new terminal was one of the reasons so I think the bad start was just that.

Damn I hate auto correct, it should say some and not dome :D

The location of Østerport station, Sløjfen where the cruise sjuttle departs.

Bus 26 - When cruise ships dock at Oceankaj (cruise ship terminal) shuttle buses will run between Østerport station, Sløjfen and Oceankaj (cruise ship terminal) from 8 AM until 4 PM.

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/%C3%98sterport+St.,+Sl%C3%B8jfen/@55.693549,12.591225,498m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x465252e0509b6503:0x67f1b40f512f1420

I need to book airline tickets today. My family of 5 is arriving in Copenhagen on May 20, 2015 NCL Star docks at 7:00 a.m.

Is booking a 12:20 p.m. flight to U.S. risky? I am just now looking at how to get the shuttle #26 to a station to catch the Metro. It is 2 adults, 2 teenagers and a 7 year old.

Taking a taxi from pier seems quite expensive. It is a long flight back to our home, so I wouldn't mind trying to get it started after a long cruise, but if this seems like it would be very stressful to you who are more experienced, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

I need to book airline tickets today. My family of 5 is arriving in Copenhagen on May 20, 2015 NCL Star docks at 7:00 a.m.

Is booking a 12:20 p.m. flight to U.S. risky? I am just now looking at how to get the shuttle #26 to a station to catch the Metro. It is 2 adults, 2 teenagers and a 7 year old.

Taking a taxi from pier seems quite expensive. It is a long flight back to our home, so I wouldn't mind trying to get it started after a long cruise, but if this seems like it would be very stressful to you who are more experienced, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Last year we arrived on the Star and had a 12:20pm flight to Canada. We were at the airport by 9:40sih if I recall - and that was with getting off the ship around 8:45. We had already checked in and got our boarding passes onboard the ship, however. We took a taxi.

I wouldn't say its risky.

The cruise shuttles to Østerport station starts at 08:00 but if you want to leave earlier the regular bus 26 goes at 07:14, 07:54, 08:14 etc. from the UNICEF bus stop.

It takes aprox 10 minutes to Østerport and the train goes every 10th minute and takes around 20 minutes.

Each ticket costs 36 kroner, the 7 year old goes for free with one adult and the teenagers travels for 18 kroner if they are between 13 and 15 years old or else they also pay 36 kroner.

Thank you OzCanuk and Danish Viking,

I feel much better about reserving the tickets for that departure time after reading your posts. This is what I appreciate about these forums. Thank you for taking the time to help.:)

I had to wrestle the layover times. The TA had us clearing customs with only an hour layover at Dulles or Chicago. before the next leg of journey. Just. No. Way.

Hopefully the return trip home will go smoothly. It is always hard to leave a cruise ship, and a difficult trip home makes it even worse!

Kmcspoon